“DoubleTree Wilmington DE. Legal District” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Wilmington Downtown

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Wilmington Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree Wilmington Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. King Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 (Formerly Spencer Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Save $25 on Food & Drinks
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Blackwood, United States
“DoubleTree Wilmington DE. Legal District”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice experience, Restaurant was under staffed and unprepared for 3 different events. Overall they handled it as best as they could, and remained professional. Hats off to the staff that went over and above. Food was wonderful! Slept like a rock. No overhead audio set up for the projector and short presentation. Kinda awkward.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
William,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry for the challenges you experience but glad to hear that overall the staff made it enjoyable for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again soon.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ballston Spa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I loved the hotel and the staff! The room was very nice and enjoyed the convenience of a refrigerator. We certainly enjoyed the cookies at check in and at check out:)Check in and check out was very easy and convenient. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Colleen,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely share your comments with the team. I agree with you about the cookies! The DoubleTree Brand did a great thing years ago when they started offering them at all of their hotels. We do hope to see you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there for the Delaware Marathon. The hotel is very close to the start and fish line and also on the same runing street. very convienence. The hotel also alow you to check in early and out late if request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. The hotel was glad to host many runners that weekend. We hopet o see you again next year!

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was working a local event and was booked to stay at this property. It was easy to find, conveniently located in the Legal District of Wilmington and a very nice place to stay. Check-in was pleasant and the front desk was efficient and that set the tone for the remainder of my brief, but well needed, stay. As far as dining options, my stay was on a Saturday, and there were a few restaurants but not a ton within walking distance. I'm sure it's a different story during the week. I ended up ordering room service and the food from the restaurant was some of the best, albeit pricey, that I've had in my hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The only complaint - that I have albeit a minor one - is that the bathroom was pretty tiny. Otherwise this is a really nice property and I'd recommend it if you're in Wilmington.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our guests feedback is greatly appreciated and our staff takes great pride when then know someone enjoyed thier stay. We do hope business brings you back into the area soon in hopes we will see you again.

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

James (especially) & Kimberlee on evening shift front desk were very professional, friendly & accomodating. I don't know the name of the shuttle driver for the evening of 4/29, but he too, was EXCELLENT. I have been here with my husband before on business trips, and this was a trip to visit theatre friends, and I think you are an OUTSTANDING option for Broadway tours, etc. that come thru town. Parking super reasonable, easy in & out, great staff (including Reggie in Engineering who introduced himself to me in the hall in case I needed anything). Well trained & considerate staff overall. Also, very happy that hotel bar was open late & accomodating to the late traveling/arriving theatre group I was visiting. Only caveat: Please get a better reasonable house wine than the Rex Goliath oir other choice--maybe RH Phillips or Big House. Rex Goliath has too many sulfates & hurts in the morning:-) Will always recommend/choose this hotel for my Wilmington stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us as our guests feedback is very important to us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Kimberlee & James as well as share them with their peers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Wilmington Legal District
Saxapahaw, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you find yourself assigned to a room in the proximity of the DoubleTree's (Wilmington, DE) indoor pool, quickly insist on another room. a) you will have NO internet connectivity in that room; b) there's a very "off-smell" likely due to its proximity to the indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. Our guests feedback is very important to us. I do apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. The hotel has had some challenges with internet connectivity but we are working on rectifying the problem. We are replacing the entire system and work is due to start at the end of this month. I have also updated your Hilton honors profile for our property regarding room location to ensure that you are not placed around the pool.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future so that we may show you a much improve stay.

MACUNGIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Parking costs excessive at $15 per night Toilet lid would not stay up on its own, and shower drain was clogged Check-in took a while even at 11PM and it appeared that other staff were available who could have helped Other than that the hotel was great

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to our guest surveys as well as write a review on Trip Advisor. Our guests feedback is very important to us and I do apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. Our engineering team has rectified the challenges and we have reviewed our preventative maintenance procedures so that our guests do not encounter items such as these in the future.

We do hope to see you again in the future so we can provide you with a much improved stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

alan.filer@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree Wilmington Downtown? Share your experiences!