“hotel review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Wilmington Downtown

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Wilmington Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree Wilmington Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N. King Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 (Formerly Spencer Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Save $25 on Food & Drinks
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
A TripAdvisor Member
“hotel review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there for the Delaware Marathon. The hotel is very close to the start and fish line and also on the same runing street. very convienence. The hotel also alow you to check in early and out late if request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. The hotel was glad to host many runners that weekend. We hopet o see you again next year!

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was working a local event and was booked to stay at this property. It was easy to find, conveniently located in the Legal District of Wilmington and a very nice place to stay. Check-in was pleasant and the front desk was efficient and that set the tone for the remainder of my brief, but well needed, stay. As far as dining options, my stay was on a Saturday, and there were a few restaurants but not a ton within walking distance. I'm sure it's a different story during the week. I ended up ordering room service and the food from the restaurant was some of the best, albeit pricey, that I've had in my hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The only complaint - that I have albeit a minor one - is that the bathroom was pretty tiny. Otherwise this is a really nice property and I'd recommend it if you're in Wilmington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our guests feedback is greatly appreciated and our staff takes great pride when then know someone enjoyed thier stay. We do hope business brings you back into the area soon in hopes we will see you again.

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

James (especially) & Kimberlee on evening shift front desk were very professional, friendly & accomodating. I don't know the name of the shuttle driver for the evening of 4/29, but he too, was EXCELLENT. I have been here with my husband before on business trips, and this was a trip to visit theatre friends, and I think you are an OUTSTANDING option for Broadway tours, etc. that come thru town. Parking super reasonable, easy in & out, great staff (including Reggie in Engineering who introduced himself to me in the hall in case I needed anything). Well trained & considerate staff overall. Also, very happy that hotel bar was open late & accomodating to the late traveling/arriving theatre group I was visiting. Only caveat: Please get a better reasonable house wine than the Rex Goliath oir other choice--maybe RH Phillips or Big House. Rex Goliath has too many sulfates & hurts in the morning:-) Will always recommend/choose this hotel for my Wilmington stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us as our guests feedback is very important to us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Kimberlee & James as well as share them with their peers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Wilmington Legal District
Saxapahaw, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you find yourself assigned to a room in the proximity of the DoubleTree's (Wilmington, DE) indoor pool, quickly insist on another room. a) you will have NO internet connectivity in that room; b) there's a very "off-smell" likely due to its proximity to the indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. Our guests feedback is very important to us. I do apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. The hotel has had some challenges with internet connectivity but we are working on rectifying the problem. We are replacing the entire system and work is due to start at the end of this month. I have also updated your Hilton honors profile for our property regarding room location to ensure that you are not placed around the pool.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future so that we may show you a much improve stay.

MACUNGIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Parking costs excessive at $15 per night Toilet lid would not stay up on its own, and shower drain was clogged Check-in took a while even at 11PM and it appeared that other staff were available who could have helped Other than that the hotel was great

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at Doubletree Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to our guest surveys as well as write a review on Trip Advisor. Our guests feedback is very important to us and I do apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. Our engineering team has rectified the challenges and we have reviewed our preventative maintenance procedures so that our guests do not encounter items such as these in the future.

We do hope to see you again in the future so we can provide you with a much improved stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with another couple. Very friendly and helpful people. Our room was great. The other couple we were with had a view of the people where about 20 people were swimming. It was really loud so they asked to change and ended up in a room that stunk of baby powder. The restaurant in the lobby offers a breakfast buffet for $15. The staff there are really friendly and the food was standard. I'd stay here again because the price was right. Not a fan of the neighborhood but we were only there to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Julie,

We appreciate your feedback and the time you took to write a review. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, however very sorry to learn about your friends challenges. Your comments will definitely be reviewed with our staff in order to provide you and your friends and much improved stay next time.

Outer Banks, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just a quick one night stay but hotel was very comfortable. Room a little heavy on the color brown, not sure I would like that if I was staying very long. Front desk was quite clear about parking options. Breakfast service was very slow. They wanted me to serve myself at the buffet and I had to track someone down to pay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our guests feedback is very important to us and much appreciated. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the challenge you encountered in the restaurant and will review your comments with our Food & Beverage Team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future.

alan.filer@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree Wilmington Downtown? Share your experiences!