“An Awesome Lunch Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 460 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Delaware
“An Awesome Lunch Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I go here just about every other week for lunch. The selection is simply amazing. The sushi choices alone are mind-boggling. The food quality is fine - obviously not PF Chiangs, but good enough and the place is a real bargain. The restaurant is also furnished pretty nicely and you can hold a conversation without shouting. As a buffet, service doesn't play into the mix a whole lot, but the staff has always been attentive and friendly. I've never had to wait to get the check or anything, and drinks have come right away. I'm going to definitely keep coming.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hockessin, Delaware
“Huge Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great variety of all kinds of food. Sushi is great, Chinese food is very authentic. Also some good Korean selections. Salt & pepper shrimp, sauteed spinach with garlic, and clams in black bean sauce are our favorites. My dad loves the raw seafood bar. When the extended family comes for the holidays, everyone is happy eating here and we have some pretty picky eaters.

Visited December 2012
“Bad service But good cook”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I went to the store in Wilmington, DE tonight with a group of my friends and we were very unhappy with the service. The waitress was very rude to all of us from the beginning. She took our order and started the go back over the group with the orders and she stopped 1/2 way through. When the cook came out he did not have the corret meal for one of us and she would not get the correct meal for the cook. When he came back out he found out she never even turned on the grill, so the cook had the wait for the grill to warm up and he seem very unhappy about that too. When she came out with the bills she had them split up but mest up on what went on one of our bills and would not change it. Lastly, we only had a party of 7 and she added a 27% tip on to the bill. All of our friends are very unhappy with this place and will NOT be coming back to this store in Wilmington, DE.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good value, but the sushi wasn't fresh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Mybe the problem is that we love sushi (good sushi), so this place was just not for us. They do have a huge selection, but I had mostly cooked items after biting into a piece of sushi and it not tasting fresh at all. Definitely good for people on a budget and kids- the cooked spicy chicken was good!

Wilmington, Delaware
“Wonderful variety of many different types of food at a very reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you like sushi and Asian cuisine in a buffet setting, then this is the place for you. I've had lunch here with colleagues for $7.25 and dinner with my 11 year old for $9.99. There are always four types of soup, such as Miso, Wonton, Hot and Sour and Seafood. There are a lot of sushi rolls to choose from and plenty of soy sauce, ginger and wasabi to go with them. I didn't see any regular sushi, probably because it's too expensive to have on a buffet. There are many different Chinese chicken and pork dishes and its fun to sample them. I would recommend the sauteed spinach and sauteed bok choy. The cold salted duck is good too. They also have "American" food which is more like fast food. That consisted of fries, pizza, chicken tenders and other fried foods. I avoided all of that and focused on unusual and interesting food. They also had cooked white fish, salmon, cold shrimp, clams-which a fellow diner enjoyed and even frog legs! They had a lot of fresh cubed fruit such as honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, watermelon and big purple grapes. They had some small cakes on the fruit buffet too. In the back by the soups, they had some authentic peach bun with red bean paste and coconut dumplings that were unusual and tasty. At the end of our meal I sampled most of the yummy ice cream that you hand dip yourself and serve in cute pink cups. In the way back of the restaurant they have a Hibachi grill and chef who will whip up a meal right in front of you. The atmosphere was very nice. The host was genuine and accommodating. I asked one woman who was working at filling up one of the entrees on the buffet, where the dumplings were, and she pointed me in the opposite direction of where they actually were. I think their might be a language issue with some of the employees. Our waitress did not know what the age was for a senior at the restaurant, and when we asked her to ask her boss, she came back with our bill, but acted as if we never asked her our question. We never got our answer but we did get our bellies stuffed well and we will be back to do it again and again.

• Visited September 2011