“Excellent Food and Dining Pace! Well worth a trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincente's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 482 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Wilmington, Delaware
“Excellent Food and Dining Pace! Well worth a trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Vincente's is an excellent choice for that special dinner! The written menu is extensive, but is actually only "suggestions" as the Chef will come to your table and explain to you the additional items he has in the kitchen and additional preparations you can have for anything that is on the menu. Like the sounds of a dish, but you don't like one of the ingredients -- NO PROBLEM -- the Chef will make it just to your taste and desires. And everything is Fresh, Fresh, Fresh!!!

A great experience when you want good food, and a nicely paced (not quick) dinner! A bit pricey perhaps for some folks, but I believe well worth it.

• Visited April 2014

Wilmington, Delaware
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

A group of us get together every month for dinner. We call it our 'Girls Night Out'. I had gone to Vincente's before when Mr. Vincente was working. He has sadly passed away. It was a wonderful dining experience. So I decided to suggest we try Vincente's. What a great experience. Mr. Vincente's son is following is his Dad's footsteps. If you go please try the 'walking menu' and you can't forget to try the amazing banana's foster...it is incredible. Great food, great fun. The menu is full of Italian specialities but if you want something that is not on the menu it is no problem for Vincente's. If they have it in the kitchen they will make it for you.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newark, Delaware USA
“Maybe even better than before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

When I heard the Mr Vincent was no longer working, I was hesitant to return and not sure what to expect. Would this iconic restaurant still measure up without it's star? I'm so happy to say YES.
We went there last night for my wife's birthday. The walking menu, table-side Cesar salad (including cheese throw), and flaming bananna's foster were now done by his son, who was every bit as good and entertaining as his father. His menu recommendations were spot on. And the food was, dare I say, better.
While it is not cheap, the service, food, and entertainment it worth it for special occasions, or any time you want a really good meal and to be pampered. We all ate too much and left with enough leftovers for a 2nd meal.

The only thing that could have been done better was the table cloth should have been changed after the previous group as it was still covered in crumbs. Also lose the TV. This is fine dining, not a sports bar.

Well Done.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bear, Delaware
“Too much money for too little food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We tried a little of everything- the ceasar salad was the best part of the meal. I don't mind spending if I leave fat and full. The portions were very skimpy. If you get an appetizer for 13 dollars you'd think maybe you can share it...not so here. The main thing I didn't like was the frozen spinach used with the veal florentine- frozen spinach- are you kidding me? The waitress Annette was great. The lobster bisque was okay nothing to write home about. All in all it was just okay-for that much money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delaware, New Jersey
“Postive and different surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect. We used to eat at their old North Wilmington location a decade ago and stopped because we discovered other places that were more trendy. We remembered the food to be deliciousl They've moved a few times and fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into their newer location on Kirkwood highway (once I could look past the seedy strip mall w/ the check-cashing place next door. Yeah, I could not back this minor detail.....) The food was just as good as I remembered, and the staff seemed younger and more fresh. Vincente looked exactly the same too, and kept up with his infamous 'walking menu' concept. Although you could choose entrees from the menu, the main draw of this place is to ask Vincente to design a dinner for you. He asks each and every person who wanted to partake what they liked, (chicken, fish, steak?) He would come up with an entree that had each individual's mouth drop because he was right on. I wanted the eggplant rollatini and let him know I was a vegetarian because the choice on the menu had sausage in it. In three seconds, he came up with exactly what I wanted, and even had the chef bake in chunks of different vegetables so I could get my fiber intake for the evening. He offered no sides for me which was fine, as if he was reading my mind, and the size of my portion was perfect. This man must seriously be psychic or intuitive. The table-side Caesar Salad was the most entertaining part of dinner and is an absolute must. We noticed that Vincente catered his sense of humor to the crowd, and had us figured out within 10 seconds. Watching him make the dressing and crack his jokes was entertaining. The best part was when this old but amazingly young man walked across the room and pitched the balls of parm into the bowl. He missed at the other table he served, and that was even more funny. Everyone at our table loved their meals. Only issue was my one friend's pasta dish was way too spicy. She was embarrassed to send it back and the staff was very kind to her and quickly replaced her dish with something less spicy. At the end of dinner, the chef who was one of Vincente's sons came to our table to check up on us.

If you are looking for a quick dinner, try someplace else. The service was very good, but because of the nature of this restaurant, you do sit for a while, waiting to order. They bring a delicious, complimentary appetizer of flounder and bread with beer cheese to enjoy while waiting for this human menu to come and make your evening. One more warning- when Vincente offers you a side, know you will be charged. My husband was offered a twice-baked potato with his meal and he assumed it was part of the cost. When we received our check, we were charged $4.50 which annoyed us. All in all, knowing what we know, we will return again. You could come here on a date, with family, with friends, for a special occasion....it's good for all options.

• Visited February 2013