“Would not eat here again” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Odd Fellows Cafe is under new ownership. Please come in and see the new menu. Chef Willie is in the kitchen.
Easton, Maryland
“Would not eat here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate at The Odd Fellows Cafe, with three other family members, a couple of weeks ago, based upon a recommendation of a "friend". I ordered the "Shrimp Po' Boy" and it came with potato chips. Now, I'm not really picky when it comes to most foods, but this was terrible. Not even close to what I was expecting. It was 5 small shrimp, with a dribble of hot sauce on them, sandwiched between two pieces of Texas Toast that were soaked in butter. I didn't care for the chips either. Another member of our party got a chicken sandwich that was bland with no seasoning. Another member got the chicken salad sandwich and they, too, were disappointed. Our fourth member got the Reuben sandwich and it was just a sloppy mess with way too much going on in it. The service was incredibly slow and not very attentive. At least, not attentive to us. I don't even think our server even said hello to us. We must have waited forty minutes for four sandwiches.We also ordered 2 cups of the crab soup as an appetizer (which was actually quite good!) But it would have been nice if it had been brought out as an appetizer before our "meals" came. Actually, it would have been nice if anyone would have remembered it at all. We had to ask for it again after our "meals" came. I really hate to leave poor reviews, and I think this is actually the first poor one that I ever have left, but I felt like I needed to do it. I know that when I am looking through reviews, I appreciate them, both good, and bad and make my own decision. Maybe everyone at this restaurant was having a bad day, the day that we went, or maybe they were overwhelmed (although it wasn't very busy), or maybe there was just something that we were missing. We all had very high hopes for this restaurant going in, but we all left EXTREMELY disappointed. I have seen a few good reviews for this place, so you just have to decide for yourself. I'm sorry to say that I probably won't be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Just what Smyrna needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

What can I say........ The Odd Fellows Cafe is a great place for something different in Smyrna. The food is always fresh and delicious! The staff is very friendly and the owner Howard can always be seen chatting with the customers and helping with service.