“Good pizza but over-priced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 40 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Pizza
Clayton, Delaware
“Good pizza but over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had heard good things about the pizza and decided to take a chance on a new place. Ordered a large white pizza with broccoli and a large Hawaiian pizza over the phone. We didn't have a menu and couldn't find one online so, imagine my surprise when my husband came home and told the total was almost $40! The last time I paid that much for a pizza I was in NYC and it was the best pizza I have EVER had (total pizza snob,here). While it was good, definitely not worth $40, especially with so many other pizza shops in the area making the same quality of pizza.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dover, Delaware
“Long lasting Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

In a mall setting near Acme super market. Very nice selection on the menu. Great service. Typical Italian food, good pizza

Visited August 2012
Smyrna, DE
“Best pizza EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The first time we went in, the place was stiflingly hot (a/c broken?) and the person behind the counter brushed aside for someone behind us because we weren't fast enough in telling her what we wanted. I was understandably irked and we left, and I didn't expect to go back, ever. But my husband was determined to try their pizza, so one day he snuck back without me, and came home absolutely raving about the place. It was the best pizza he'd ever eaten, and when he asked for something that wasn't set out already (they have pizzas made and ready to slice at the counter), they made it on the spot just for him. I was still skeptical. Then he brought home a few slices of their BBQ pizza (with chicken) and let me taste it, and oh. my. gosh. I was instantly converted! I couldn't stop snatching bites from him for the rest of his meal. I decided to give the place another try, and we went back for lunch another day. The a/c was running, it was cool, completely un-crowded, my husband walked in and said "Hey Mama" to the lady behind the counter, and she called out to him like he was her long-lost son. He introduced me and she chatted us up like we were old friends, with her Italian accent charming me all the way. We settled on some more of the BBQ pizza, and I chose a slice of chicken & ranch pizza for myself. Holy guacamole, I'd never tasted anything so delicious! It was an out-of-body experience! "Mama" (which is all we call her now) even gave us free garlic knots, just to be sweet. Needless to say, this is now one of our favorite places to eat, although we try not to visit too often because the food is SO decadently good, and we don't want to know the calories we're consuming lol. The pizza slices are HUGE, one is more than enough for even a large appetite, and the various flavors are all exquisite and interesting and just so darn yummy, each in its own way. You can taste the freshness of the flavors and ingredients, there is nothing that says "greasy chain pizza" here. If you like pizza and want to step away from the "pepperoni & cheese" pigeonhole, do it here!!!

• Visited June 2012