“The Choices of Food, Drinks and Experience--Remarkable!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Selbyville
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Selbyville, Delaware
“The Choices of Food, Drinks and Experience--Remarkable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great options overall for all ages! From wine, cheese & chocolate fondues to a surf & turf meal with salad bar, one is satisfied with all!
Very warm and spacious atmosphere with great service, prices and one rewarding experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our first trip to Simmer Time was last night. We sat at the bar and loved the bartender. He was so much fun. He made my Manhatten just the way I like it. We went in for the lobster. It was wonderful and more than I could eat.. I got the raspberry desert and it was yummy.. We live right down the street and sorry we haven't been here before.. We will be regular's. I am getting the fondue the next time..

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Spring, MD
“Great Atmosphere, Great Service, Food Dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were excited to try this new restaurant. Having stopped in the day before for a drink and preview, we brought friends from out of town the next evening.

On the plus side, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service staff was exceptionally friendly.

We started off sharing the cheese fondue. It included fresh veggies and bread for dipping. The quality of the fondue was excellent but not enough fondue for veggies and bread. A little disappointing,.

Next was the entrees. One of us had a chicken nut rice bowl. The flavor was good but it was a very heavy dish. We felt it was average. Another person had the Tuna which was a special. It was good but somewhat over cooked from what was expected. The portion was not great but the prices aren't either.

Two of us ordered the Scallop Bowl. This was probably the most disappointing of the entrees. While the portion was adequate and the flavor was acceptable, we both had two problems with the scallops. First, they were overdone and not tender. Beyond that, we were a little suspect as to the fact that for sea size scallops, they were too uniform and cut thin. I wouldn't go so far to say they were imitation or cut from skate, but they certainly were not the quality we would like to have seen.

Because we felt the pricing was reasonable, we will certainly give it another try and hopefully will find it improved as they gain experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indian Head, Maryland
“Good idea but not returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My sister and I visited this restaurant thinking it would be something different. We had never done Fondue before and didn't know what to expect. We arrived at the restaurant on a Saturday night at a little after 5. We make our way inside and upstairs and no one greeted us to seat us. The bar tender finally acknowledged us and seated us. Ten minutes later he passed by with menu's and took our drink orders. He was really nice and polite but clearly overwhelmed. We explained we had never done this before and gave him a couple of opportunities to explain how all this worked but nothing. He smiled with light chat and left the menu's, no recommendations or guidance. He came back 15 minutes later to take our order and we asked for the Full Monty and an appetizer, the crab toast. Still no drinks or waitress. Forty minutes in our waitress hurried in and we got our ice tea and crab toast. The toast was more like French bread pizza and a warning not to order more food with the Full Monty should have been offered. It was bready and cheesy and too filling to go with our order. No flavor either. I get the whole up-sale but this was too much. As dinner progressed we waited on drinks, waited between courses excessive amounts of time and the waitress never lost her hurried disposition. I should add that for a Saturday night there were only about 8 tables full, three people at the bar and two other waiters working hard on the other tables. Our waitress had only one other table of two half way through our meal. In the end, food not great, service marginal but the cost huge. This was a $100 bill for 2 people with no alcohol. The last straw was we were not completed our meal until 8 PM. Our meal took 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete. It was exhausting. I felt bad for the bartender as he was trying but the plan for the whole meal just never came together. I honestly don't hold much hope this place will be successful if they can't get attentive help and better table turnaround. I am not one to beat up a restaurant and know the owners and staff work hard. I always tip well and never use service as a lesson opportunity. I just don't want to invest 3 hours in a meal on a Saturday night. I will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frankford, Delaware
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Simmer Time recently opened in my area so I decided to give it a try last night with a friend. The restaurant décor is at once casual and elegant, with very comfortable booths (I love booths!), as well as tables. Our waiter, Jake, provided excellent service. We ordered "The Full Monty"....what a treat! Everything, from the wonderful salad bar with fresh salad dressings, to the cheese fondue, to the seafood entrees, to the superb chocolate fondue dessert was more than satisfying and filling. The variety of choices seemed endless. We can't wait to return and try other selections from the terrific menu. Two thumbs up, from us both!

• Visited November 2013