“I'm staying again!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seaford
Bordentown NJ
“I'm staying again!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I read the reviews here n decided to take the advice of the most recent post, which was a positive comment. However, I did call the hotel and discussed the remarks on this site and was reassured they were still cleaning up the hotel and changes were made and still are. I can tell u that I've stayed in a lot of hotels, some I would NEVER stay at again, others that I luv but can't afford everytime I travel n then there is ur mediocre clean, and safe hotel. Well, that's what I would call this hotel. As I said I took the advice of the latest post, so we requested a room in the back with the lakeview....EXCELLENT CHOICE. The lake was right outside our door, and the pool was two doors down. We traveled with two children for a baseball tourny which was cancelled due to rain. We took complete advantage of the lake and fished most of the w/e and the kids swam in the pool quite a bit. The pool area is clean, the rooms were clean....lets get real people, clean in a hotel means, no bugs, no mold, no stains and clean and comfortable bedding. It's not the ritz, but for the price, the view, the pleasant staff, a striving business area and a decent dining area for breakfast you can't ask for more with the price ur paying. They have laundry facilities onsite, which the room was'nt the cleanest but the washer and dryer were, (ur not eating in it, ur washing clothes). The breakfast consists of bagels, juice, coffee, tee, waffles, cereal and danishes in a very very clean dining area. The pool was clean and very large.

I can only speak for the room I stayed in which was completely renovated, so I can't say much for the ones that were'nt, but I was very happy staying there and already have booked the same room for the near future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

I was dreading our stay after reading reviews here but had little choice since other hotels were booked. Had a good rate--$78--so that helped. We were totally surprised when we checked in: front desk clerk was friendly/helpful, lobby/dining area was small but clean and our room was just renovated so it smelled/looked like new. Comfortable beds, new furnishings, and frig/microwave worked fine for a quick snack.

The new owners /mgt-- since Februrary--are aware of the negative reviews found here and we talked about their plans to improve pool area, lobby and remaining rooms. Clearly the hotel needs more maintenance but given our experience I'd definitely stay there again.

Breakfast was so-so--waffles, mediocre bagels, cold cereal, older apples--but it's free, as is newspaper and is decent start to the day.

We really enjoyed the riverfront in the morning and late afternoon--ask for rooms in back. A tiny [30 yards?] wooden walkway, benches and picnic table brought you to the quiet, clean, peaceful river to sit and unwind
and enjoy nature with cup of coffee/glass of wine.

Hotel is clearly in 2 star category; if you need more there's much more expensive options nearby.

• Liked — good location, riverfront, inexpensive, good room
  • Disliked — older parts of hotel need updating
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
njangel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Well I didnt check this site before I had booked this place and let me tell you how sorry I was. I went down there from Northern N.J. They did let us check in early because we were coming down to DE for a wedding. We were slightly rushed when we got there, but I did notice how dirty the tub was, couch was a gold color and had stains all over it and the floor looked like it hadnt been vaccumed. We quickly changed and left for our wedding and returned there at 8pm. I pulled down the covers on the bed and it looked as though the bed had not been changed. There was about a dozen black hairs on the bed and a dead bug. I was so grossed out I just wanted to go home. I went to the front desk and she said well maybe the hairs stuck to the sheets from the dryer.. She did send up a maintence guy who assured me the beds were changed, I then told him I wanted new sheets and he did change the sheets and was nice about it, but I was so grossed out about it, I didnt sleep most of the night. I would never stay there again!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty sheets!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

My husband and I was on our way to Ocean City, Md for the weekend for my birthday, we stopped @ this hotel to get a few hours rest before continuing to our Condo in Ocean City,M.D.We stopped to get a few hours rest we noticed when checking out there we several adjustments on our receipt called the bank and they had deducted our account 10 times. We wre furious and the bank can't release our money for 3 buisness days. The stay was horrible and they need to get people there working that has knowledge of there jobs. Be careful traveling down this highway and don't make the wrong turn....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no one knew their job
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsauken, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2007

This was my second visit to the Seaford, DE / Ocean City, MD area. My last stay was at the Comfort Inn in Salisbury, MD. I was absolutely 100% pleased with that hotel, as can be backed up my reviews. This time, that hotel was booked, so we decided to try this Quality Inn, only about 20 minutes away. After a long, cold, stressful day, I could not wait to get to the hotel to relax a bit before heading to Ocean City. We arrived around 3:15pm (check in is at 3pm) to find a young woman named Hillory running the front desk. She appeared to be the only one working in the office that day and was a little annoyed that she had to stop sending/receiving text messages on her cell phone to wait on us. But she didn't stop for long, just long enough to get my name and start retrieving my reservation in the computer. Then she continued texting as I was standing there. But in her defense, she did apologize and giggle a little as she continued with her rude interruption. So then she proceeds to say, "I'm going to tell you the same thing I've been telling everyone today. We had a full house last night and the rooms are not all cleaned yet. There's nothing I can do about it but here are your room keys and you can go see for yourself if it's clean. If not, you'll have to wait." So we lugged our bags to the room and plopped them down on the ground only to find that the keys she gave us did not work. So I waited as my fiance chased down a maintenance guy to come help us. Now, how he knew that was really our room, I don't know, but he let us in regardless. The room looked clean, beds were made, etc. But immediately, I noticed some sort of flying ant or gnat around the window and also one by the bathroom sink. I also realized that this was one of those rooms that's set up where the toilet and shower are in one room but the sink and vanity are on the outside. I had specifically called this hotel and asked about this and was told they were all in one room. When floor plans of hotels are set up this way, it always seems that the bathrooms are so tiny that you can't even turn around in there. But ok, maybe they misunderstood me when I had asked this a month ago on the phone. So I went in the bathroom to change my clothes and because of it being the size of a closet, there was nowhere to sit my clothes except on the rack above the toilet. The next thing I know, they slipped off and now my jeans are soaking in the toilet water. I think I was laughing and crying at the same time by then. So we try to relax on the bed but there was obviously something wrong with the mattress. It was so lopsided and out of shape that you sunk into the middle as soon as you laid on it. Then it was very difficult trying to get off of it. Also, the tv did not work properly. Every channel came in "snowy." So... needless to say, I really did not want to stay the night. Instead, I insisted on driving the 2 1/2 hour drive back to my home in NJ to get a good night sleep. I even missed out on the whole reason for being in the area, going to Ocean City, MD. I'm sorry I chose to make my reservation at this hotel, based upon the fact that they had availabiltiy when no other area hotels did. I should have known better. I hope that by reading this, other travelers won't make the same mistake. I also hope that this hotel can start improving on all the things that so many of their recent guests have complained about. Maybe in the future, they can live up to the standards of "quality" and "comfort" that most other Choice Hotels strive for.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I read all these reviews and thought we were in for it. I took with me my supply of Lysol disinfecting wipes so I could clean the bathroom! Well, I cleaned the bathroom and the ONLY dirt I found was a very small amount of dust on the bracket that holds the blow dryer to the wall. Sure, the hotel needs overall work and the outside of the hotel was in bad shape, but our room was just fine and it was clean. I took shower shoes and used them (can you tell I'm a fusspot?), even on the carpet, but the soles of them didn't pick up a lot of dirt, either. The bed was fabulous - we were a party of ten in different rooms and we all had great beds. The pillows were soft and fluffy, so if you need a firm pillow, bring your own. The shower curtain was new and our non-smoking room didn't smell at all. The couch upholstery was clean and the refrigerator didn't smell either. There was no mold in the bathtub. Now the elevator was a bit on the nasty side, but there were work crews on site painting and fixing and so on. The housekeeping staff wasn't on the ball, but they were polite. The front desk staff needs more training, but they were not surly.

The front lobby was gross and there was no way in the world I would have eaten in there, but I don't need to eat at a hotel anyway. Also, we didn't have any children with us, so the pool wasn't even considered. There were plenty of kids in the pool, but we didn't check it out, so I cannot say. The coffee pot in my room worked well and was clean. We would stay again if we ever found ourselves in Delaware. I was in room 322 - we were all on the third floor.

• Liked — Down blanket on the bed
  • Disliked — Dirty, smelly elevator
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
somewhere in PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

Spent 2 nights at the Greenville NC Quality Inn and were very pleased. Spent the following night at this Seaford Quality Inn and it was repulsive! Even though I called and spoke on the PHONE to the front desk clerk to reserve our room 3 WEEKS before our stay, when we showed up the evening of our reservation date they couldn't locate our Reservation! Finally found it after I supplied a Confirmation Number. The problem is, they gave our room away to someone else so we had no room! After about 15 min. they found us a room....not the King suite we needed and had booked and paid for, but a tiny room with 2 Double(not Even QUEEN)Beds for 5 people. They found a rollaway bed for person #5 a half hour later and wanted US to come lug it to our 2nd floor room. We insisted they bring it to us after everything they had already screwed up.
The room we finally got was tiny and crammed full with damaged furniture too big for the room. The beds were so old and w/out support that I'll be in pain for weeks after. The carpet felt nasty dirty and wet. There was a used washcloth on the sink and only 2 towels for a 4 person room. Even better were the ANTS...all over the bathroom floor, door and swarming behind the shelf holding a microwave oven next to the bathroom. And added bonus was the large area of MOLD growing on the bathroom ceiling. The outside walkways were full of cobwebs and spiders and the trash receptacles outside were overflowing with garbage. Not to mention the odd shaped parking lot with not enough parking spaces for all the quests and cramped spaces at that, with little room for navigating the lot in a car.
The indoor pool was nasty and the 'breakfast' was very unappetizing....what was left of it after a little league team staying there had grazed it over.
When told of our displeasure over this horrible night of torture(that we paid $149.95 for!!!), management(if the fonrt desk clerk qualifies as such)was nonplussed and didn't seem to give a rodent's rear end at all.
Stay at any of the other hotels/motels in this town if you value your sanity, your temper, your wallet & your back.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of Pest Control
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!