“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stoney Creek
Lake Trail Motel
423 North Service Road | Stoney Creek, Stoney Creek, Hamilton, Ontario L8E 5B9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Stoney Creek
Ottawa, Canada
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at this motel just one night on the way to Toronto, it is just off the QEW hwy.
Nice friendly service at the desk, room we had was all new redone, so consider to price it was a good deal!
If you are not looking for a 3-4stars hotel, this is a good choice.
I would stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I wanted to check in on September 13, 2011 at 6:00pm. The young girl from reception said they offer refrigerator in the room for people who stay at list 1 week and then encouraged us to see the rooms.
Every thing looks old and outdated, beds smells real bad, sheets are stained, rusted lamp, AC does not work and on and on.
The girl ask 70 CND plus taxes for two double beds room. I replay saying is too much for the way the motel looks and her replay was: well then forget about it
This is more an insolent replay than a civilized one.
I am 67 years old and traveled a lot in US, Canada and Europe but never ever in my life received such an impertinent replay
I was happy to leave

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
justamention, Manager at Lake Trail Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for your response, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I clearly remember your visit, you viewed the room for a very short amount of time, and the only concern you raised was the lack of a fridge and the a/c which I turned on for you because it was unplugged. You sat with your family at our picnic table for 15mins deciding what you'd like to do, and then came to me and said you'd take the room if I could get you a fridge, I said I could not (non were available) you then decided to tell me my rooms were dirty, to this I responded with a shrug and said "then I guess there is nothing left to think about" everyone is entitled to their opinion however, if you are repulsed then I can not understand how a fridge would've helped you over look the so called stained sheets, rusted lamps and over priced room? I felt that your comment was uncivilized and spiteful because I would not move furniture around to suit you, this is an unreasonable demand on a busy friday evening without a reservation and only for a night. I encourage you to call ahead where ever you go if you have special request. The reason I encourage guest to view rooms is so they can decide if they are OK with the what is presented. Moving furniture around is not an option, if I had another room I would've offered it, but the two other rooms that suit 3 people were reserved.

Travelers are raving about these Stoney Creek hotels

Odessa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

This is the second time that I have stayed here, the first was in winter. I have found the room clean and the bed comfortable. The renovations have been progressing and although there is still a long way to go, the owner has been positive and accommodating to our needs. Thanks and we will be back.

Room Tip: Request a non smoker room if that is your need.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I so wish I had checked trip advisor earlier, I would of then made another choice of places to stay. I smelt smoke and not just cigarettes and they have live ins I believe...walked past my window at night. No curtians on the windows to cover the blind that doesnt fit enough to block anyone looking in. I read the owners reply on the last review and was surprised they said new towels and furniture along with mattresses because it wasnt in my room. My chair in my room was so old my great grandma would think she is at home, but it goes with the rest of the room...old and out dated. I feel sorry for people trying to make it but please choose something you know about...and please try something else besides vinegar to clean with, I dont want to sleep in a room that smells like an order of french fries.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Well my stay was interesting, from highway noise to people next door stopping by to just bump uglies at night was not my idea of a nice sleep. Don't let the reno's on the outside fool you, the rooms are still stuck in the old days. Rusted lamp to grey towels(i guess they were once white) and a bedspread with burns and holes, oh bring your own because the heat is either not on or it is kept real low. There is a lot wrong with this place thats for sure, too bad another business has went to people who don't know what they are doing.
If you are a drug user or just out to cheat on your spouse then this is the perfect place for you to get a room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
justamention, Owner at Lake Trail Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
As the owner, I am greatly saddened to hear that your stay was anything less than great. We try to met our customers need to the best of our ability, I only wish this was brought to our attention immediately, for we hold our customers in high regard and would do are best to ensure complaints are dealt with immediately. Lake Trail Motel is a small cottage like motel located minutes away from the lake, we are not a large, busy chain motel, we are small enough to make each connection with our guest personal, and accommodating. We are conveniently located off the QEW, which yes can be faintly heard from some rooms but nothing different from the level noise at hotel located by the airport or high traffic area; unfortunately a certain level of noise is a given for convenient locations. As you many also find, we are very reasonably priced for the location.

As for the comments on ownership, the motel has been under new ownership almost four years, and the property has been greatly improved. We have also earned recognition by the Hamilton Spectator for the improvements made on a very old/almost landmark property. Apart for the exterior building changes, we also aim above motel standards inside each room.
With new mattresses, towels, and furniture, room cleanliness is of high priority.

All customers are encouraged to check rooms to see if it meets their needs.

We have a zero tolerance for disruptive customers, however that being said, as with any motel, we can not, nor do we speculate what are customers reason for stay, unless they interfere or disrupt another customers, needless to say we have a few upset rowdy customer whom aren’t our biggest fans, but we hold firm to a respectful cliental.

If you would like to contact us and provide proof of your stay in March, I will offer you a nights stay at a 50% discount for a stay between Monday – Thursday, or 25% off Friday – Sunday. As I said we try to satisfy customers’ needs within reason, so please allow us to prove we care. I respect your comments and critiques, for this help us to grow the business and satisfy customer needs.
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Froze all night since the heater couldn't keep up. Also traffic from QEW ridiculously close and loud, but since the office closed completely with no way of contact at like 9:00 pm, there was no way to request another room or more blankets or another heater! Bed must've been 30 years old too, and washroom was very small. No WiFi...

Not pleased at all

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business

Been to Lake Trail Motel? Share your experiences!