We spent 3 nights at MMP resort and enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in Villa One which was huge, modern and lovely with great views and our own little garden area with pond. The infinity pool is stunning and while very cold to swim in (no early morning laps for us), makes you feel like you're swimming in the air. The views along the coast and across to Java are breathtaking and the highlight of the hotel. The sky is a constantly changing movie set - cloud formations swirl, mists creep up the mountain and sunsets are gorgeous.
This region of Bali is beautiful and is an area of amazing natural beauty - lakes, mountains, padi fields, orchards, market gardens and every shade of green imaginable. It provides a glimpse of the real Bali away from the craziness of the southern resorts. There are few tourists here and the people here are friendly and happy to practice their english on you (and happy to help with our Indonesian). The downside of this is that it is quite isolated and having your own transport would be an advantage (although not a necessity).
Prices at the resort for food and services are quite expensive. The food menu was limited esp. indonesian choices but the chef approached us every day to discuss and suggest options for dinner. All food that we ate here (breakfasts, dinners and afternoon teas) were delicious and of an excellent quality. The published prices for walks and tours were quite expensive and scared us off using their services however we did book a car tour of the north coast and were given a cheaper price than that quoted in their menu.
We did our own independent walks on the plantation and in the area. Take a fantastic two hour (return) walk through the local villages to the twin lakes past hedges of lemongrass, fields of blue hydrangeas, happy schoolchildren, tropical flowers and rows of strawberries. (Unfortunately the local dogs are not as friendly as the local people - carrying a stick seems to make them keep their distance). Be aware that this hotel is not in Munduk village but in Gobleg village. The two are on different roads approximately 10km apart.
Staff at the resort were lovely and eager to please. We would definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Munduk Moding Coffee Plantation Nature Resort and Spa is a luxury nature resort, spa and boutique hotel in North Bali on a working coffee plantation located close by Bali’s central lakes and Munduk hill station. The hillsides are covered with jungle, coffee trees, rice fields, and pretty much anything that grows on the island. With just a handful of villas and suites on some 5 hectares of land you can enjoy all this in privacy and genuinely relax far away from the crowds. Discover North Bali's culture through the complimentary daily activities which MMP provides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Munduk Moding Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Munduk Moding Plantation Hotel Gobleg
- Munduk Moding Plantation Bali/Gobleg