“Aweful experience” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Aweful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Ceiling is falling down, doors don't close, smells terrible. Asked for different room, wouldn't give us one. Terrible customer service. Lights don't work. Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else. Dirty. Hotel is terrible.

• Stayed September 2013

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family (and a friend traveled with us) and I have mixed reviews. The staff was exceptionally nice, however, the room that we stayed in was pretty awful. I booked through Priceline and did not have the option of choosing my room. We ended up with a double bed room on the first floor on the "old" (right) side of the hotel. Our room had mildew stains on the wall where the A/C unit was located (not good for allergy and asthma sufferers like me), it was so damp smelling/hard to breathe that I actually went to Wal-Mart at 10:00 p.m. the first night and bought a giant container of "Damp Rid" to put in our room, the A/C was either freezing cold (and less damp smelling) or hot and moist, there were flies in the room upon arriving, uncomfortable beds, there were stains on the walls in the bathroom (glad I brought my Lysol wipes), room/fixtures/furniture/linens were outdated, there was paint chipping off the bathroom cabinet areas, and there was a poor selection of breakfast foods, -- high starch/fatty foods w/no healthy options such as fruit/yogurt. HOWEVER, I must add that our friend who stayed in the "newer" (left) side of the hotel in a suite had a much better experience. I saw first hand that that particular room was MUCH nicer than ours and did not have any of the issues we had. It was like we were standing in a completely different motel! I should add that staff did offer to upgrade our room to a suite, but it would've been approximately an extra $200 to do so for 3 nights, which I declined due to cost. So, while the experience with staff and location of the hotel was great, I would not stay here again on this particular side of the motel. I would stay here again, but only in one of their "suites" and would NOT book through Priceline again!

Room Tip: Book a room in the "newer" (left) side of the hotel. Avoid the "old" (right) si...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davenport, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

cost the most money for a night stay on our two week vacation what a dump. do not check in after dark. big bugs in room. I have been member of choice hotels for many years but this is one of my worst stays ever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My son-in-law and I went down the shore for the weekend after he had a bad week. We left for Ocean City Maryland and try to get a room to stay for one night and could night find one and when we did find one it was $289 or better and had to be for two nights. We drove up to Rehoboth looking for a place to stay as we dove up on route1 and came up to this Econo lodge.The person behind the desk was very nice and said the room was $213 for one night. At this point we were exhausted and took it. It was on the second floor but it had an elevator. The room had everything we needed to include,coffe pot with coffee and more and a fridge. Free wifi and cable tv. The pool excellent and clean..Great place to stay.
PS: Crackerbarrle next door

Room Tip: If you like the Casino, Dover Downs Casinos 40mins north on one--Ocean City Maryland 40mins south on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I looked around for prices of hotels and places in the surrounding area. This was the cheapest hotel that accepted my AAA discount. Most beach hotels run anywhere from $130 and up per night. It wasn't anything spectacular but it had a pool, was close to the beach, had baby squirrels running around, and a continental breakfast. Good enough for me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If your a non smoker don't even try to stay here. If you ask to change your room they will go out of their way NOT TO! Staff was very ignorant. Asked to speak to manager and received a snippy reply of not available. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Should have turned around when the clerk did not want bothered to check us in. I asked twice where the elevator was and received mumbled answers. End of sidewalk blocked by vehicles had to carry luggage thru bushes. Room was nasty. Box springs stained badly and very old. Sheets stained. Mold around air conditioner. Room was outdated and nasty! Stained up chairs. Dirty carpet. Bathroom was disgusting.
Not expecting a lot for a $90 room but this was awful. Requested call from manager. Never received. Did comp us $50

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!