“You get less than you paid for....” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
New Jersey
“You get less than you paid for....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel for even a night. It isn't worth the 60 bucks I paid. If I stayed in the summer, I would be afraid to swim in the pool based up on their upkeep and cleanliness of the room. I am warning you, I have never stayed at a hotel that had matresses that I bet were over 10 years old. Towels worn thin - you could hear water coming down from the bathrooms in the pipes in the wall.

Room Tip: Get a Room at the Hampton down the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is so awful that we literally turned right back around and left without staying here.

I am shocked that they can actually get people to stay in the rooms. The room they tried to give us was disgusting and reeked of cigarettes. I found that surprising given that when I called ahead I was told, "All of our rooms are non-smoking."

When I called down to the office to ask for a non-smoking room, the foul attitude with legs said I had requested a smoking room, and everything else was suddenly booked up. Hmm, that's odd... Parking lot looked pretty sparse to me. Oh yeah, and then there's always the fact that the sign said there were still rooms available, but okay.

I advised her that I called ahead to confirm the room would be non-smoking because my son is asthmatic, so I would not have ever, ever requested a smoking room. She laughed and said no one would have ever told me that the rooms were non-smoking. Super professional.

Rather than continue, I let her know we would not be staying and asked her to just cancel the reservation. Apparently she wasn't capable of making that happen either.

Thank goodness there is always someone above people like Ms. Useless-and-Needs-a-Lesson-in-Class.

We got the heck outta that cesspool and will never go back. We are still washing the stench out of our clothing. My advice is that you save yourself the headache.

• Stayed April 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My recent visit to Rehoboth beach was a quick overnight, so we decided to save a bit of money. What a mistake. This hotel is rundown, and not safe. My friends door didn't lock and they had to prop a chair in front of door when they went to sleep. That is if you can sleep with all the noise from other rooms due to thin walls and toilets flushing next to your head.
Carpets are dirty, walls are stained, and I will go back to the Hampton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Roswell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This isn't a dive by any means, but needs some updating. My original reservation was for the Rodeway Inn next door, but somehow got routed to the Econo lodge.
The reservation requires 24 hours notice and I wasn't about to loose a days expenses. They were very nice, but wouldn't concede, so I kept the reservation.
The Rodeway Inn is nicer and the prices are comparable, so next time I'll be more careful when more than one place has the same address.

Room Tip: Nothing to add here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is the closest to the many shops and restaurants in the area. The hotel staff was friendly and pleasant. They also were helpful in our choices for fast food and shopping. Even when it was apparent that it would be a hectic weekend at the hotel, the staff was still nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently stayed here in March. Got a great off season rate. Our room and bathroom was generally clean. The front desk staff was very helpfull. There was a mix up in my reservation and they were more upset about it than I was. They did try to call in advance to retify but took care of it on the spot.

It an Econolodge, an older Econolodge. You get what you pay for. We got a great rate and got what we expected for that rate. No fluffy beds or down comforters. The breakfast was basic, but it was included. An unexpected feature is that the room we stayed in had a balcony. I could see staying here in the summer. The location is better than some higher priced hotels in the area. Over all, I think this motel was a very good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

It's cheap. I've stayed here a number of times with my girlfriend as an offseason drunken crash spot. We've never gotten bedbugs. Bathrooms are small and cheap, the handicapped ones are a bit bigger. The coffee in the rooms is terrible. Theres passable coffee in the lobby. It's a cheap motel, probably the cheapest in the area, obviously more in summer. What you see is what you get.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!