“We stay here Every Year in December” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
South Brunswick, NJ
“We stay here Every Year in December”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you are hitting the outlets for Christmas Shopping, this is a great place to stay. Convenient to everything, clean, free continental breakfast, great rates. A Cracker Barrel is out front and many restaurants just a walk away.

Room Tip: Join Choice Rewards and book through their site.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011 via mobile

I've never been to rehobath but figured I would save on the room. Well a day before going I decided to check another hotel brington to be exact great place, and called to cancel my reservation. I gave all the information and they said they could not find my reservation. Good thing they gave me a confirmation number because I just checked my account and I've been charged! Not only that but this place is too far from the beach and forget bringing a car to the beach no place to park! Meter are10 min for 25 cents! Trust me spend a little extra for something closer! Its worth it!

• Stayed May 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

There are a lot of negative comments about this hotel, but I agree with the headline of one of them "Served Its Purpose."

Check many travel sites and you'll see that the Econo Lodge offers among the cheapest fairs in RB. That's definitely a plus for anyone traveling on a tight budget. In fact, I stayed there my first two times to RB. There were upsides, but there were also downsides:

The Good
1) The Price: $60-80 a night at the Econo Lodge was much more palatable than the $150 a night elsewhere.
2) Continental Breakfast: It was nice being able to grab something light and then venture to the boardwalk and beach.
3) Part of a Chain: The Econo Lodge is owned by Choice Hotels, which has a loyalty program. If you are a member, you might get a discount rate here, and your stay will help you build points for future stays here or elsewhere.
4) Decent Room with Basic Amenities: I party in RB, so really, I all I need for a room is a place to sleep, shower and store my luggage.

The Bad:
1) Distance from the Boardwalk/Beach: Prior to traveling to RB, I looked up the distance between the Econo Lodge and the boardwalk. I didn't think it was that bad; it's about a couple of miles. I also didn't know about how tricky parking can be in RB, which meant I'd lose time in the sun or having fun looking for places to park. The parking issue made trips back and forth from the beach area difficult (especially after the beach when I'd want to change and get ready for dinner). There is a taxi service in RB, but the wait can be long.
2) No Frills: This didn't bother me, but it did upset one of my guests that our room was as basic as basic could be.
3) Other Guests: The hotel seemed to attract a lot of weekend trippers who came to RB for access to the tax-free shopping at the outlet mall, and not many other beach/boardwalk-going types like us.

The bottom line: It is what it is: A decent, basic hotel. But my tip to anyone traveling to RB is to stay on or a block or two from the boardwalk at a hotel/guest house/B&B that offers free parking so you can spend more time enjoying your trip and less time hunting for parking spots and traveling.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
bridgeville, Delaware, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

first let me say that my wife rented the suite(room 326) for my birthday and i appreciate it sooo much because its the thought that counts(love you babe)...
let me start off by saying i live less then 40minutes away from this hotel but my wife rented it so we could go out to the area nitelife and enjoy ourselves...if it wasnt for the fact that we had allready made plans i would have demanded a refund...(actually i would have had to send my wife to because the woman at the front desk was not very polite at check-in)...
we walked into a small room (kinda like a sun room(or lack there of )before heading into the main door of our room...the small room had no lights and crappy old lookin baseboard heat ...also the wallpaper was seperating...
we then walked into the main room to look around and...HERES THE CRAZIEST PART i turned around to shut the door when i notice a note in the plastic slot on the door that (i thanked god at this moment i didnt bring my kids along) said something full of profanity and vulgarity...)i waited for the next morning at check out to take the letter down to the main office because i didnt want to make my wife feel bad for renting the room and besides the woman at check in would have probably done nothing about it...i was told that the manager would get ahold of me and take care of the situation...thats was two days ago and i even called the choice hotels customer support who also treated me with an attitude but filed a complaint towards the hotel for me...
on top of the note the room looked like crap...it had a little round dining table that maybe 2 peopld could fit to,the remote for the tv had no battery case and the batteries were taped in,the one bedroom was missing a remote for the tv and the remote for the other room didnt even work...for somereason there were two toilet paper holdes that both had looked like someone had ripped out or they were getting ready to fall out ,the lights for the closets didnt work, and the floor is uneven in certain places...this place is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in and and i hope everyone see this before getting ripped off by them!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We booked the trip last moment on Labor Day. For a last minute booking it served its purpose but i would not stay there if i was going on a long term trip. Everything appeared to be clean. I wasnt too satified with the cleanliness of the bathroom. The sheets had burn stops on them, i carry sheets and blankets with me so im extremely happy i had them on hand.

I really liked the location, its not too close or too far.

Would only recommend for a one to two night stay

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010 via mobile

I'm not one to really care about where I stay as long as the place is decent. Myself id rather save a hundred a night and use that towards something but this time it was a bit much.

Pros: Great location near Outlets, not too far of a drive to the beach, Cracker Barrell in the same parking lot, nice pool area.

Cons: The absolute worst bed I've ever slept on. I seriously contemplated sleeping on the ripped up carpet. Luckily we were able to check out of our 3 night stay the morning after our 1st night. Our stay in Rehoboth Beach would have been terrible if we didn't switch hotels.

My advice: check out Rodeway Inn is next door, its far more updated, maybe their beds are better. They are owned by Econo Lodge though, so who knows.

We moved our stay down to Bethany Beach, spent about $100 more for both nights combined and had a much more pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2010
wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was THE WORST HOTEL I have ever stayed at. First of all, there are no clocks in the room. What hotel has no clocks in the room? Anyway, the room stunk, paint was peeling off the walls, lights were burnt out, rust on metal, towels thin and old, hair in the shower, shower curtain only closed half way, could barely fit one person in the bathroom, loud, nasty staff...shall I go on??????? I knew I would not get anything great at $89 a night and an Econo Lodge but I NEVER expected it to be this bad. I guess from now on I will be spending twice the price to stay at the beach. This hotel should be shut down!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!