“Pleasant experiences” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I have stayed here numerous times and have always had a good experience. The rooms are as clean as I have seen for a beach hotel. Towels are always nice and beds are clean. The breakfasts my children are always excited for because there are so many choices.I have never has an issue with the parking garage... we always find a spot and I don't feel it's too cramped. It's free also, that makes me happy. So many places charge for parking. I am so surprised at the negative reviews here. We have always gone during the summer so maybe they provide better service during their busy time. We once had loud people on our floor, called to the front desk and it was taken care of. I have no complaints... as a matter of fact we are visiting again this summer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phelps, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The front desk clerk was so friendly and welcoming, Our room was very clean and comfortable. We were here for our anniversary in February and we are considering coming back in warmer weather. The only negative is there isn't a bathtub in standard rooms. No big deal for me, but may be for those traveling with children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Niantic, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The woman at the front desk (I think her name was Sandy) was very pleasant and helpful at check-in. The room was a nice size and looks like it was recently renovated. Very clean. Quiet neighborhood during the off season, seemed pretty safe. Room rate was very good in January, but I would imagine during tourist season the rate goes way up. Only major disappointment was breakfast, the waffle maker was broken, there were no hot scrambled eggs (just cold hard boiled ones) and a pretty limited spread of other items. I guess I can forgive this since they are off season and it doesn't make sense to waste food during periods of low occupancy. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just wanted to say that the woman at the front desk was so pleasant and provided excellent service when my friend and I checked in so late. It was very busy but she made time to fit us all in without it seeming like we were waiting. Great job!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Front desk clerk was very friendly for my 11pm check in. She had all of the paperwork ready for my reservation and was very helpful with assisting me in finding a late night place to eat. She was wonderful with changing my room when I asked for a room with a view after just checking in. My only suggestion would be that blankets be put in the bedrooms during the off season. There is one thin blanket and two sheets on the bed and that is it so you are forced to either turn the heat up really high, or sleep in layers.

For a quick, overnight, off-season get-a-way, this was a great location. Less than a block away from the beach and close to local shops and restaurants, it was great, and I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

First, as a corporate pilot, travel extensively, throughout US and international. Second, do not be misled by pictures. Third, the hotel and rooms (including suites) need and require a major renovation. Fourth, a friendly staff, however; rooms are a major issue and concern!!! Fifth, the breakfast being offered is mediocre'..As a Best Western Diamond Rewards Member...Hotel is not up to standards and prices do not justify Quality being offered!!!

Room Tip: The Hotel needs a major renovation for quality. Apparently, management is more interested in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boyertown, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Front desk clerk was very efficient and helpful and she was so friendly. I never had such a happy experience checking into a hotel. My family and I adored her. Room furniture was nice - not cheap looking and in new condition. Water view from room was unexpected. Although it was winter, we saw is a nice looking rooftop pool and there's also gym room. Waffle breakfast was good as well and included in room rate. New flat screen TV in room, coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Gold Leaf? Share your experiences!