“Visit in the off-season” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Conesus, NY
“Visit in the off-season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Maria at the front desk had us checked in super fast & was a great help pointing us to local attractions & food. The parking garage is tight but great to minimize long carries & avoid the coastal weather. The room was clean & the housekeepers were on top of things. The off-season stay was very quiet. We had the beach almost to ourselves. Yvonne, the hostess for breakfast, was very gracious and welcoming. Everything was well stocked, clean & orderly. She especially shone while helping families with young children. she clearly made the children feel welcomed and special & I could tell that the parents were grateful for the help in getting breakfast underway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bristol, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Close to Tanger outelts, restaurants, close to beach, clean, front desk clerks were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very good, lots of items to choose from. Nice stay at a good price.
Room had coffeemaker, frdige, and microwave. Second time I stayed here. Will come again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevator and breakfast room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel seems relatively new to the area. The outside and inside have a very modern look. The room was gorgeous and perfect for couples looking to get away. It had a king size bed, a perfect view of the bay and sunset, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and a newer LG HDTV. Throughout the room there is plenty of space for bags or luggage. The shower was roomy and clean on arrival. The breakfast had hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, danishes, bagels, mini muffins, cereals, fruit, oatmeal, juices and more. The patio area was nice to eat at in the morning. The Fitness Center looked clean and well kept. The pool is 3 to 4 feet deep and looked clean. Our sleep however was interrupted in the morning by the construction going on across the street and all the road noise from Coastal Hwy. I will definitely come back to this hotel if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Bayside room had horrible road noise from Coastal Hwy. and construction across the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked fourteen rooms at the hotel for two nights of accomodations for our daughter's wedding. We all received excellent service over the two days. The staff quickly assisted us with unexpected needs from setting up a table in our room for a buffet for the pre-wedding lunch to providing an extension cord and surge protector for the hairdresser at the last minute. We found the entire staff to be friendly and they were always willing to help in any way, whether it was making parking room for the limo, quickly bringing extra towels, or any other last minute request. The rooms were clean and comfortable with coffee makers, a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a safe. There was a nice continental breakfast, and the beach was a block away. We will definitely make this hotel our "home away from home" whenever we visit Dewey Beach!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hotels234
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Clean, comfortable, excellent service and prices. Safe garage parking. What else would you need in a Dewey Hotel.

One negative: I could have been a bit cleaner upon checkin, but I blame that type of crowd (partying kids) Dewey attracts.

Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Accepted handicapped-accessible room pushed on us -- Big mistake. That meant no counter around a small sloping porcelain sink and nowhere to put stuff. Shower consisted of a hanging spray nozzle and water ran out all over the bathroom floor. I'm a wiser traveler now for the lesson on reservations.

Horrifying: lots of sand in the bed. Obviously had not changed the sheets from the last guest. Corrected promptly, however. How many others slept on unchanged sheets where there wasn't tell-tale sand?

Minor annoyances: Coffee not replaced after first day, kleenex not replaced in bathroom. But boy, that tips envelope is stood up very prominently with each cleaning.

Acted like it would be a pain to give me a bill at checkout. I've been spoiled by hotels that just slip it under the door at night. I said "mail it," never got one.

All that said, I'd stay there again, wiser about handicapped rooms, stand ground on invoice. Convenient, clean, easy parking, quiet, friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
new castle, Delaware, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had an ok stay that the Best Western (BW). The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, the rates were decent, and it was walking distance from the beach, dining, and bars. The parking garage was very limited and tight but it was nice to have easy access to your room from the garage (if you were able to find a spot on your room’s level). The fitness center (FC) seems well equipped with the basics. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because of the onsite FC. However, I forgot to pack my workout gear so I didn’t get to utilize the facility but I did stop in. As a runner, the treadmills were a little small for me but all the basic equipment (bike, treadmill, weights) was available for someone that wanted a quick workout. Overall the stay satisfied our goal (a quick, inexpensive getaway for me and the hubby).
However, the nightmare began after we checked out of the hotel. When we returned home our bank account had been depleted due to numerous charges from best western in error. The balance due at the time of check-in for our stay was $220 which we paid with a debt card. At the time of check-out, we were charged an additional nights stay of $115, a $200 hold was applied to our account for a parking decal (that was returned at check out), and $331.96 for the entire days stay. With all the inaccurate charges applied, we also assessed $170 in banking fees.
Though the hotel was “kind” enough to make all the necessary corrections and issue a refund for some of the fees we incurred, they did not cover all of them. Because of Best Western’s error we are out of $70, and we are currently awaiting the additional $485 of our money to be returned which was indicated by BW that it could take up to 7-10 business days.
Outside of the inconvenience, the General Manager refused to discuss this issue with me letting his onsite staff handle the matter. Per his staff, he indicated that even though BW has imposed a major hardship on me and my family right now, they will no longer make any more accommodations (returning the money we lost because of their error) for us. In the meantime, BW has lost our business and recommendations. I’d advise if you don’t plan on lending your money to BW Gold Leaf DON’T STAY HERE.
I plan to seek legal counsel to recover my $70.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Gold Leaf? Share your experiences!