“Just what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Just what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here the weekend after Labor Day. We chose this motel because of its value and its proximity to the Dogfish Head restaurant (which truly is, as the Crosswinds website states, in "stumbling distance"). We arrived a little earlier than the check-in time, but we were able to check in a little early because the room was ready. The manager was incredibly friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed talking with her when we arrived as well as when we were going out for the afternoon.
When we got into the room, we were extremely impressed. The bathroom looked as if it had been redone recently, and everything was clean and cute. We got a corner room, so it probably had more space than other rooms. Also, if this is your thing, the toiletries were also really cute--they were natural and smelled very nice.
The walk to the beach was a perfect length as well--maybe a few blocks. There were shops along the way, and it was a nice little stroll.
When we woke up the next morning and went to Dogfish (again), the custodial staff greeted us kindly. Everyone was really friendly.
We would definitely return, and we likely plan to do so when they reopen in the spring.

Room Tip: We had the corner room on the second floor, and it was spacious and had a nice view of a nearby cour...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was the absolute perfect location, clean rooms, just great. Stayed there for Sea Witch weekend, wanted to re-book for the "Tree Lighting" but they will not be open for that event.

I wish they were open all year long, this is the only place I want to stay while in Rehoboth Beach, DE.

Room Tip: Check to see if Hotel/Motel has an elevator, if not, choose the 1st or 2nd floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed the weekend for the Sea Witch Festival.The location was perfect for watching the parade, shopping,eating and very close to bars (The Finbar and Dogfish Head are located right next door) The rooms were clean and cozy, with modern amenities. Also housekeeping was on point, the only downfall was there could have been another mirror... (especially with 3 women in one room...lol) and last but not least the lady that checked us in was extremely friendly and welcoming made us feel right at home. Definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
york, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was a great location for the sea witch parade and very convenient to restaurants and bars. The motel, which is an older facility was appointed very nicely for the amount of space allotted. Rooms were a bit small but very comfortable. The bathroom had some nice touches, like shampoo and shower gel in disposable cartons (good for the environment), along with a can of fabreeze for air freshening. There was a Keurig coffemaker with a nice choice of 3 coffees and 1 hot chocolate. The fridge worked very well. The only thing missing was a microwave.
The beds were a bit on the firm side, which I like so there was no problem. The linens were fresh and up-to-date and coordinated nicely with the room. There was an unpleasant odor coming from the sink drain--it just needed some bleach dumped down it to get rid of the smell, that's all. I simply pulled the drain closed. Also, the key was a little hard to get used to, I had to line it up just right in order to unlock. My roomate's key worked better than mine so it wasn't a major issue. It was a comfortable walk to the beach and boardwalk, but I don't think I would like to walk it on a very hot day while toting beach gear. I prefer being closer to the beach in season. The staff was friendly, cheerful and helpfuI. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in town, and they were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean and well kept; the cleaning ladies were super friendly. It was close to the beach and within walking distance of almost every thing. My only complaint was the door wouldn't close without an extra push/pull, so the first time walking out of the room I almost left the door open cause it didn't close all the way behind me. Other then that minor issue, everything was excellent!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent service, amazing room, perfect location, and a solid price. We stayed here for three nights and it was the perfect getaway. When it looked like we might be getting in late, the front desk manager called us to make sure everything was okay. Each room has a Keurig coffeemaker, huge flat-screen television, and super comfortable beds. Parking is free and it is a short walk from the boardwalk/beach.

We had a great time, but the real reason we came to Rehoboth Beach was to drink at the Dogfish Head Brewpub, which was two doors down. So all in all, the motel is amazing and far better than a some of the others we have stayed in the past.

Room Tip: As a couple, we were going to stay in 1 King-bed room but it was more expensive than the 2-Queens ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night at this motel. I read the reviews before booking, but was still impressed when we checked into our room. It looks like a basic, older motel from the outside, but the rooms are much nicer than I expected and the bathroom was beautiful. We spent a few $ more and booked a corner room, which I recommend. Instead of our window looking out to the walkway, we had a window that looked over the gardens of the condos next door. We specifically went for the Dogfish head restaurant which is only 2 doors away. The only con was the distance to the beach, about 4-5 blocks, so I would not want to stay here when I planned on spending time on the beach.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for a corner room, you will not regret it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!