“"Great Place To Stay"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“"Great Place To Stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed the weekend for the Sea Witch Festival.The location was perfect for watching the parade, shopping,eating and very close to bars (The Finbar and Dogfish Head are located right next door) The rooms were clean and cozy, with modern amenities. Also housekeeping was on point, the only downfall was there could have been another mirror... (especially with 3 women in one room...lol) and last but not least the lady that checked us in was extremely friendly and welcoming made us feel right at home. Definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
york, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was a great location for the sea witch parade and very convenient to restaurants and bars. The motel, which is an older facility was appointed very nicely for the amount of space allotted. Rooms were a bit small but very comfortable. The bathroom had some nice touches, like shampoo and shower gel in disposable cartons (good for the environment), along with a can of fabreeze for air freshening. There was a Keurig coffemaker with a nice choice of 3 coffees and 1 hot chocolate. The fridge worked very well. The only thing missing was a microwave.
The beds were a bit on the firm side, which I like so there was no problem. The linens were fresh and up-to-date and coordinated nicely with the room. There was an unpleasant odor coming from the sink drain--it just needed some bleach dumped down it to get rid of the smell, that's all. I simply pulled the drain closed. Also, the key was a little hard to get used to, I had to line it up just right in order to unlock. My roomate's key worked better than mine so it wasn't a major issue. It was a comfortable walk to the beach and boardwalk, but I don't think I would like to walk it on a very hot day while toting beach gear. I prefer being closer to the beach in season. The staff was friendly, cheerful and helpfuI. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in town, and they were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean and well kept; the cleaning ladies were super friendly. It was close to the beach and within walking distance of almost every thing. My only complaint was the door wouldn't close without an extra push/pull, so the first time walking out of the room I almost left the door open cause it didn't close all the way behind me. Other then that minor issue, everything was excellent!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent service, amazing room, perfect location, and a solid price. We stayed here for three nights and it was the perfect getaway. When it looked like we might be getting in late, the front desk manager called us to make sure everything was okay. Each room has a Keurig coffeemaker, huge flat-screen television, and super comfortable beds. Parking is free and it is a short walk from the boardwalk/beach.

We had a great time, but the real reason we came to Rehoboth Beach was to drink at the Dogfish Head Brewpub, which was two doors down. So all in all, the motel is amazing and far better than a some of the others we have stayed in the past.

Room Tip: As a couple, we were going to stay in 1 King-bed room but it was more expensive than the 2-Queens ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night at this motel. I read the reviews before booking, but was still impressed when we checked into our room. It looks like a basic, older motel from the outside, but the rooms are much nicer than I expected and the bathroom was beautiful. We spent a few $ more and booked a corner room, which I recommend. Instead of our window looking out to the walkway, we had a window that looked over the gardens of the condos next door. We specifically went for the Dogfish head restaurant which is only 2 doors away. The only con was the distance to the beach, about 4-5 blocks, so I would not want to stay here when I planned on spending time on the beach.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for a corner room, you will not regret it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Well, this is not a Motel! Actually I must say it's a 4 stars Hotel! My room was clean, tidy and comfy! Rita the owner is so sweet! I got there late like 11 pm, she helped me, she gave me a nice rate and she accomodates me in a great room! The day after she gave me a lift to another hotel, only because she was fully booked! Other wise I would have stayed there! Rita is such a great person! Lovely! An outstanding American woman! Thanks again! I highly recomend to stay there! The Motel is in the city center, few steps from the beach! Get there! Trust Me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Poquoson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Came for an overnight to sample the beers at Dogfish Head. Hotel is two doors down. I wasn't really expecting much but Wow what a place. The manager was a great help, directed me to coupons for a free glass at Dogfish). Room was immaculate. Decor was nice, Keurig coffee maker in the room. We were literally only 25 steps from Dogfish Head. If you are in Rehobeth beach and don't stay here you are wasting your money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!