“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Save Saved
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall, I had a good stay at the Crosswinds. I spent several days visiting Rehoboth in Summer, 2013, in a double room on the second floor. This property had the most affordable rates in town with an excellent location to walk around (parking is a pain at the beach). The pros: the room was in decent shape, huge flatscreen tv, comfortable beds, a/c unit worked and was easy to manipulate, staff was friendly and housekeeping service was prompt. The cons: water pressure in the shower was pretty weak, the key system for your door is confusing (even though I did what I was told, it still didn't open. Luckily, the lady who checked me in could see I was having trouble and kindly came out to help), and had some minor issues with housekeeping (urine stains on toilet seat upon check-in and hair on one of the beds after the sheets were changed). My room was close to Rehoboth Avenue and I was surprised by how much traffic noise I could hear at night (sounded loud and clear enough as though a window was open).

Overall, I had a good stay and would stay again. Considering the prices of beach hotels in the summer, I thought this was a good value.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the avenue if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here once before and liked it. This time around it didnt disappoint. Super clean rooms though smallish. They are nicely decorated and well takem care of by the cleaning staff. They were excellent at making sure our room was tidy and looked as if we were just checking in each day after we returned from the beach. Plus they were always so helpul and cheerful.

The proximity to the beach and boardwalk is fine. Not really close, but not a super far walk either. After an enjoyable meal and beers at neighboring Dogfish Head we were happy to get a nice walk in.

Definitely planning on coming back again. For the price it's an exvellent choice and value!

• Stayed June 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

So impressed by The Crosswinds Motel in Rehoboth. My sister and I stayed here for the first time this past weekend and we couldn't have been more impressed with the rooms. The room was spic-and-span clean! The room was small, but the room was so very neat and clean and I would take a clean room over a big room any day- plus, you don't need a big room when you are at the beach!
The motel staff and the cleaning staff were all so very nice and courteous. The cleaning staff was always around- they take their job seriously and it shows in the rooms.
Great motel! Great room! Great service! CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!!!!!! Would definately stay here again!
No pool and no restaurant, but they were not needed as the beach was within walking distance and restaurants were right outside your door!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a better view of the town and have aidorondak chairs to sit in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
North East, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel having decided to extend our trip one extra night and needing a cheaper place to stay in order to do so. On a Sunday night the rates were pretty good, so we choose the Crosswinds. Very simple place, no breakfast (the desk employee laughed at me when I asked) and only 20-some rooms, but with very nice little rooms. If you don't really use the living roomish half of most normal hotel rooms, you will not be bothered by the smaller size of these rooms. Nicely decorated, very comfortable and cozy.

The reason for the 4-star rating is the electronic door keys they use. They are proximity keys, so after holding them for a couple of seconds in the correct position, the door should unlock. It took us about 5 minutes to get into our room both times we needed to use the keys, after which we tried to only send one person out if it was only for a quick errand or to get something from the car, so the other person could open the door. The other slight inconvenience was that we called the front desk several times to get the wifi password with no answer, so we had to go down to the office and wait for the employee to return. It seems that only one person works at a time, which probably helps keep the cost low, so this is a minor compromise. Overall we really enjoyed this motel and will plan to return the next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Extremely close to beach, right in the middle of everything. Very clean room decorated more like a hotel. Excellent service!! My husband and I arrived late and they left keys for us in the mailbox! This is where we will be staying from now on. Excellent price too, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness center or restaurant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Abbottstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A clean, up to date motel within walking distance of the beach and all of the shops. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean, and not the smells like bleach kind of clean either. I will definitely stay here again, especially for the low price they charge.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I feel fortunate to have located this motel. It's just what I was looking for. Close to the beach, close to Dogfish, and clean modern rooms at a great rate. Highly recommended if you don't mind a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!