“Just right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Abbottstown, PA
“Just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A clean, up to date motel within walking distance of the beach and all of the shops. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean, and not the smells like bleach kind of clean either. I will definitely stay here again, especially for the low price they charge.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I feel fortunate to have located this motel. It's just what I was looking for. Close to the beach, close to Dogfish, and clean modern rooms at a great rate. Highly recommended if you don't mind a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
Oceanport, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked here because of a weekend wedding and rooms were blocked. I emailed, called months in advance and never received a response. I was told by the manager Rita she never received them.which I have proof she did receive my emails. So finally 2 weeks before the wedding I received a return call from Rita telling me if I don't call her with credit card info my fri and sat night reservation would be cancelled. I called and left her a message (they never answer the phone) and told her again I am there sat and Sunday not Friday. I was warned she is confused easily. After carefully reserving the correct dates and I was told 2 night min. We arrived at the motel late saturday because of a delay on the ferry, we were checked in by Curtis who was friendly. The next morning we went to the wedding ceremony and had an hour to freshen up before the reception. We stopped in the office to get a new parking tag (the one we had expired Sunday but we were reserved until Monday) we were told by Rita we only had sat night reservations she was hurried to tell us she can call another motel, with no explanation at all. I was thrown because I have an email stating I was reserved until Monday. And an email 2 night min? maybe they got more money from another party, who knows. No apology at all from Rita. She had no reaction but said she has no room for us we have to get out. Her reaction seemed like she was accustomed to this error on her part, regularly. She said it in a way you knew she said it before. It was a quick response to my questioning she did not pull up the emails and I did not have access to mine. But after I got home I sent a copy and of course no apology, no response. I am not surprised. This motel is poorly run. I emailed asking for the owner, who knows, maybe someday they will call me back. I will never stay there again and this motel gives rehobeth a bad name. I love that town.

Room Tip: Read reviews
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cumbola, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and booked a room at The Crosswinds. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out we were very happy with our choice. The room was very clean and the towels were the softest I have ever seen in a motel. The beds were comfotable with lots of pillows. We will stay here again when we return to Rehoboth.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The was a perfect little motel! We were just feet away from Dog Fish Brewery and Rita is awesome. I forgot some clothes in one of the drawers and she is mailing them to me all the way back in CA!! How great is that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I chose the hotel for its proximity to Dogfish Head Brewpub. It's literally 40 feet away!

The communication after booking was great, the room is spotless, bed comfortable, and bathroom updated.

Wi-fi is free to guests as is parking. I walked to the ocean in about 10 minutes.

Did I mention it was $60?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Motel location is perfect! Just a few blocks to the beach, 10 feet away from Dogfish Brew Pub (recommend 60 & 90 minute IPA). Locally run shops & of course Starbucks all within a 5 minute walk. For food, beside the pub, Arena's is local favorite. Rita at the front desk is the best. She was friendly and courteous and catered to all our needs (which basically was a simple no frills - clean comfortable room).

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!