“Excellent Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Save Saved
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This Motel will have you thinging you are in a hotel. To First state the rooms are extremly clean. The staff was so friendly upon check in give my coupons and information on what is in the area, and what to do. The room was comfy , and beds where comfortable. I didnt have that creepy feeling at night. Also you got your room cleaned each night of staying. The location was perfect, you are close enough to walk to the beach and boardwalk without being to close to all of the traffic. Rehoboth is a quieter beach, compared to Ocean City. Next vist I will be staying here aain. p.s grat deal on the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located in downtown Rehoboth beach, right next to Dogfish Head Brewery--and numerous other restaurants--the rooms at Crosswinds are more like a boutique hotel than a beach motel. Yet a night's stay cost us less than half of a night at a cookie-cutter chain. Rooms are spotlessly clean, very nicely furnished, offer comfortable beds and linens, and are just a few minutes walk from the beach. Management is on site and it shows--thanks Rita! This was our second stay (I did mention Dogfish Head was right next door) and I'm already looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed one night at the Crosswinds back in June. I can't lie, we mostly picked this motel because it is so close to the Dogfish Head Pub (it was literally 50 steps from our second floor room to the front door of the pub). We were pleasantly surprised by the rest of our experience, though. Front desk staff were welcoming and accommodating. The room was simple but very clean. The A/C was a window unit but kept us cold all night. Parking was close, and covered. The motel is within walking distance to other shops, restaurants, and bars as well. We have never stayed anywhere that met all our expectations for such a low price. The motel isn't directly by the beach, so if that's your main attraction then you might want to take that into consideration.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at the Cross Winds for at least 20 plus years and can honestly say that the service, rooms, and the Manager Rita have been accommodating every time. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly, and Rita is always ready and available to help. Rita and her staff are the BEST and that's the reason why I choose to stay at the Cross Winds. Good Work ladies!!!!

Floss B.

Room Tip: Restaurants are close to the hotel. All of the rooms at the Cross Winds are exceptional and clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The motel itself is nothing special, but the service is terrible. Here's how my experience with this motel went:
- I called to make a reservation and was quoted a rate of $70/night. When I get there, I find out they charged me $80. The receptionist assured me they will refund the difference.
- She promptly proceeds to give me keys to our rooms. The only problem was that one of the rooms was already occupied by another guest. What kind of motel doesn't know what rooms are available?
- After I let her know of the situation, she proceeds to give me another room, that another guest has refused because of incessant cracking noises in the bathroom. Since this was their last available room, mind you, it was this or find another place. So we wait with our baggage in front while the previous guest vacates the room, and the receptionist comes and changes the sheets.
- The room itself was ok, but the cracking noises made it for a poor night's sleep
- On our way over from dinner, the reason why this place is so mismanaged become apparent. We bumped into the receptionist, who was walking down the street with her b/f, so high that she almost bumped into us and didn't even recognize us. This while on duty.
- The next day upon checkout, I ask a different receptionist to refund the overpayment, she calls the manager (woman named Rita, who apparently is never there), and they assure me that this will happen
- One week later, and an email and a phone call later, the mythical Rita never returned my call, neither did she refund my money.

Don't stay here. It's a terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Been at big name hotels &motels their ok!
It was my first time to stay Rehoboth Beach
It was off season but that didn't make a difference
The Staff were still pleasent & helpful.
I made a right choice Crosswinds you feel at home.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and close enough to everything! This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and loved this place. yes, the room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. We had two small children, but the walk to the beach was not bad with them. Would definitely stay again! I am guessing the blonde front desk person was Rita - so friendly and helpful, another staff was only ok. Cleaning ladies were very friendly too!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!