“Perfect for the price, location can't be beat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Save Saved
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect for the price, location can't be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed one night at the Crosswinds back in June. I can't lie, we mostly picked this motel because it is so close to the Dogfish Head Pub (it was literally 50 steps from our second floor room to the front door of the pub). We were pleasantly surprised by the rest of our experience, though. Front desk staff were welcoming and accommodating. The room was simple but very clean. The A/C was a window unit but kept us cold all night. Parking was close, and covered. The motel is within walking distance to other shops, restaurants, and bars as well. We have never stayed anywhere that met all our expectations for such a low price. The motel isn't directly by the beach, so if that's your main attraction then you might want to take that into consideration.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at the Cross Winds for at least 20 plus years and can honestly say that the service, rooms, and the Manager Rita have been accommodating every time. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly, and Rita is always ready and available to help. Rita and her staff are the BEST and that's the reason why I choose to stay at the Cross Winds. Good Work ladies!!!!

Floss B.

Room Tip: Restaurants are close to the hotel. All of the rooms at the Cross Winds are exceptional and clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The motel itself is nothing special, but the service is terrible. Here's how my experience with this motel went:
- I called to make a reservation and was quoted a rate of $70/night. When I get there, I find out they charged me $80. The receptionist assured me they will refund the difference.
- She promptly proceeds to give me keys to our rooms. The only problem was that one of the rooms was already occupied by another guest. What kind of motel doesn't know what rooms are available?
- After I let her know of the situation, she proceeds to give me another room, that another guest has refused because of incessant cracking noises in the bathroom. Since this was their last available room, mind you, it was this or find another place. So we wait with our baggage in front while the previous guest vacates the room, and the receptionist comes and changes the sheets.
- The room itself was ok, but the cracking noises made it for a poor night's sleep
- On our way over from dinner, the reason why this place is so mismanaged become apparent. We bumped into the receptionist, who was walking down the street with her b/f, so high that she almost bumped into us and didn't even recognize us. This while on duty.
- The next day upon checkout, I ask a different receptionist to refund the overpayment, she calls the manager (woman named Rita, who apparently is never there), and they assure me that this will happen
- One week later, and an email and a phone call later, the mythical Rita never returned my call, neither did she refund my money.

Don't stay here. It's a terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Been at big name hotels &motels their ok!
It was my first time to stay Rehoboth Beach
It was off season but that didn't make a difference
The Staff were still pleasent & helpful.
I made a right choice Crosswinds you feel at home.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and close enough to everything! This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and loved this place. yes, the room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. We had two small children, but the walk to the beach was not bad with them. Would definitely stay again! I am guessing the blonde front desk person was Rita - so friendly and helpful, another staff was only ok. Cleaning ladies were very friendly too!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The housekeeping staff is the reason I'm giving 4 stars. Yes, this place is cute - but $160/night cute? Not so much. They were sweet and funny/silly with my 3 year old, and were willing to let me change out of sandy clothes in a freshly cleaned room. Awesome women.

The front desk...well, I'm pretty low-maintenance, but one woman who was there several times through my 2-day stay was not exactly dedicated to customer service. Another fixed a problem quickly (room key only activated for one night). Also, for this price, I expect more than Motel 6 quality towels. The bath gel/shampoo were GREAT though, and housekeeping delivered once again. Keurig coffee maker nice upscale touch.

Nice and quiet at night despite very lively , fun central location.

Beach is a very short walk if you're with adults. With a stroller and 2 little kids, took a lot longer. :) If money were no issue, I'd definitely stay again. This may be on the cheap side, but as a first-time RB visitor, I'd look around for lower prices before I booked again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are looking for a Downtown Rehobeth location where you can park and walk to the beach, amusements, and great dining hot spots look no farther. The resort offers tastefully decorated quiet accomodations with new bathrooms, and new air conditioning units. The beds and linens were amazing comfortable! The color scheme offers a restful zen like colors and NO MUSTY OR MOLDY smells like most hotels at the beach! The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the parking area was free secure, most are covered and very clean! The spaces are wide which was so nice! The price is significantly less money then other properties but there is no outside area to speak of, pool or hot tub. Most hotels with pools are gear to the kids which bring along noise. The name refers to a Motel, but in my book I would consider it a Hotel and its steps from the popular Dog Fish Brewery!

Room Tip: Book online and property does offer senior discounts!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!