“Outstanding Hotel!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #7 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Hotel!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at the Cross Winds for at least 20 plus years and can honestly say that the service, rooms, and the Manager Rita have been accommodating every time. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly, and Rita is always ready and available to help. Rita and her staff are the BEST and that's the reason why I choose to stay at the Cross Winds. Good Work ladies!!!!

Floss B.

Room Tip: Restaurants are close to the hotel. All of the rooms at the Cross Winds are exceptional and clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The motel itself is nothing special, but the service is terrible. Here's how my experience with this motel went:
- I called to make a reservation and was quoted a rate of $70/night. When I get there, I find out they charged me $80. The receptionist assured me they will refund the difference.
- She promptly proceeds to give me keys to our rooms. The only problem was that one of the rooms was already occupied by another guest. What kind of motel doesn't know what rooms are available?
- After I let her know of the situation, she proceeds to give me another room, that another guest has refused because of incessant cracking noises in the bathroom. Since this was their last available room, mind you, it was this or find another place. So we wait with our baggage in front while the previous guest vacates the room, and the receptionist comes and changes the sheets.
- The room itself was ok, but the cracking noises made it for a poor night's sleep
- On our way over from dinner, the reason why this place is so mismanaged become apparent. We bumped into the receptionist, who was walking down the street with her b/f, so high that she almost bumped into us and didn't even recognize us. This while on duty.
- The next day upon checkout, I ask a different receptionist to refund the overpayment, she calls the manager (woman named Rita, who apparently is never there), and they assure me that this will happen
- One week later, and an email and a phone call later, the mythical Rita never returned my call, neither did she refund my money.

Don't stay here. It's a terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Been at big name hotels &motels their ok!
It was my first time to stay Rehoboth Beach
It was off season but that didn't make a difference
The Staff were still pleasent & helpful.
I made a right choice Crosswinds you feel at home.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and close enough to everything! This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and loved this place. yes, the room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. We had two small children, but the walk to the beach was not bad with them. Would definitely stay again! I am guessing the blonde front desk person was Rita - so friendly and helpful, another staff was only ok. Cleaning ladies were very friendly too!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The housekeeping staff is the reason I'm giving 4 stars. Yes, this place is cute - but $160/night cute? Not so much. They were sweet and funny/silly with my 3 year old, and were willing to let me change out of sandy clothes in a freshly cleaned room. Awesome women.

The front desk...well, I'm pretty low-maintenance, but one woman who was there several times through my 2-day stay was not exactly dedicated to customer service. Another fixed a problem quickly (room key only activated for one night). Also, for this price, I expect more than Motel 6 quality towels. The bath gel/shampoo were GREAT though, and housekeeping delivered once again. Keurig coffee maker nice upscale touch.

Nice and quiet at night despite very lively , fun central location.

Beach is a very short walk if you're with adults. With a stroller and 2 little kids, took a lot longer. :) If money were no issue, I'd definitely stay again. This may be on the cheap side, but as a first-time RB visitor, I'd look around for lower prices before I booked again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are looking for a Downtown Rehobeth location where you can park and walk to the beach, amusements, and great dining hot spots look no farther. The resort offers tastefully decorated quiet accomodations with new bathrooms, and new air conditioning units. The beds and linens were amazing comfortable! The color scheme offers a restful zen like colors and NO MUSTY OR MOLDY smells like most hotels at the beach! The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the parking area was free secure, most are covered and very clean! The spaces are wide which was so nice! The price is significantly less money then other properties but there is no outside area to speak of, pool or hot tub. Most hotels with pools are gear to the kids which bring along noise. The name refers to a Motel, but in my book I would consider it a Hotel and its steps from the popular Dog Fish Brewery!

Room Tip: Book online and property does offer senior discounts!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Some friends and I were looking for a weekend trip to Rehoboth Beach. We were lucky enough to secure a room for 2 nights (since there was a 2 night minimum for the weekends). When we arrive, the front desk staff was courteous. Even when I called the morning we were checking in, the staff was prompt to take the call and very friendly about us checking in a little late (8pm-ish). Our room was pretty clean and there was nothing major to complain about. The cleaning staff did service our room during the trip and provided us with new towels and toiletries.
The parking is okay. It is limited to 1 car/room, given it's not a big parking lot. I was lucky enough to secure one of the covered spots for most of the trip. I didn't want to drive anywhere, though, for fear of losing my spot. The location is a bit far from the beach (0.6 miles according to Google Maps), but it certainly beats staying anywhere near the outlets. A plus side is that it's two doors down from Dogfish Head and across from a Starbucks! Also, since it's not too close to the beach, you don't have to worry about too much noise from the outside keeping you up at night.
I've stayed at two other locations in Rehoboth, Summer Place and Atlantis Inn, but I think Crosswinds has been the best so far. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!