“Clean and close to everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean and close to everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and close enough to everything! This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and loved this place. yes, the room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. We had two small children, but the walk to the beach was not bad with them. Would definitely stay again! I am guessing the blonde front desk person was Rita - so friendly and helpful, another staff was only ok. Cleaning ladies were very friendly too!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The housekeeping staff is the reason I'm giving 4 stars. Yes, this place is cute - but $160/night cute? Not so much. They were sweet and funny/silly with my 3 year old, and were willing to let me change out of sandy clothes in a freshly cleaned room. Awesome women.

The front desk...well, I'm pretty low-maintenance, but one woman who was there several times through my 2-day stay was not exactly dedicated to customer service. Another fixed a problem quickly (room key only activated for one night). Also, for this price, I expect more than Motel 6 quality towels. The bath gel/shampoo were GREAT though, and housekeeping delivered once again. Keurig coffee maker nice upscale touch.

Nice and quiet at night despite very lively , fun central location.

Beach is a very short walk if you're with adults. With a stroller and 2 little kids, took a lot longer. :) If money were no issue, I'd definitely stay again. This may be on the cheap side, but as a first-time RB visitor, I'd look around for lower prices before I booked again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are looking for a Downtown Rehobeth location where you can park and walk to the beach, amusements, and great dining hot spots look no farther. The resort offers tastefully decorated quiet accomodations with new bathrooms, and new air conditioning units. The beds and linens were amazing comfortable! The color scheme offers a restful zen like colors and NO MUSTY OR MOLDY smells like most hotels at the beach! The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the parking area was free secure, most are covered and very clean! The spaces are wide which was so nice! The price is significantly less money then other properties but there is no outside area to speak of, pool or hot tub. Most hotels with pools are gear to the kids which bring along noise. The name refers to a Motel, but in my book I would consider it a Hotel and its steps from the popular Dog Fish Brewery!

Room Tip: Book online and property does offer senior discounts!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Some friends and I were looking for a weekend trip to Rehoboth Beach. We were lucky enough to secure a room for 2 nights (since there was a 2 night minimum for the weekends). When we arrive, the front desk staff was courteous. Even when I called the morning we were checking in, the staff was prompt to take the call and very friendly about us checking in a little late (8pm-ish). Our room was pretty clean and there was nothing major to complain about. The cleaning staff did service our room during the trip and provided us with new towels and toiletries.
The parking is okay. It is limited to 1 car/room, given it's not a big parking lot. I was lucky enough to secure one of the covered spots for most of the trip. I didn't want to drive anywhere, though, for fear of losing my spot. The location is a bit far from the beach (0.6 miles according to Google Maps), but it certainly beats staying anywhere near the outlets. A plus side is that it's two doors down from Dogfish Head and across from a Starbucks! Also, since it's not too close to the beach, you don't have to worry about too much noise from the outside keeping you up at night.
I've stayed at two other locations in Rehoboth, Summer Place and Atlantis Inn, but I think Crosswinds has been the best so far. I would definitely stay here again!

Upper Darby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very suprised to find such a cute little motel so close to the beach that was reasonably priced, clean and had a friendly staff. Rooms were clean and adequate and seemed like they were updated not to long ago. I am definitely going back!

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We recently returned from a three night stay at the Crosswinds Motel. My husband and I wanted to plan a small vacation and after waiting a little, we had a hard time finding a hotel directly on the beach. After reading reviews about this place, and discovering that it was practically next door to the Dogfish Brew Pub, we decided to book our stay.

We had no problems whatsoever. Everything was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning and with the upkeep of the rooms. The hotel was a nice walk to the beach and very close to the Bake Shoppe(yummy!), and the Dogfish Brew pub. There was on sight parking, which was very convenient, loved the minifridge and the flat screen tv. However, we did wish there was a microwave. There were a couple nights we had leftovers and wanted to eat them for lunch, but couldn't or had to decline taking leftovers back because there was no way of warming them. But, it was a great value and fairly close to the beach and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012
Huntingtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is an amazing Motel. It's VERY clean from top to bottom. The entire Staff is very friendly. Housekeeping does a job and always smiling, and cleans rooms inside and out. I've seen larger chain Hotels, who get higher Stars, not have rooms this clean and staff so nice and friendly. Plus it's close to the Beach and worth the price, during the time of year we went. A++ to Everyone there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!