“Amazing Find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
312 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friend and I were headed to the beach for a quick two day trip and were looking for a cheap, but clean place to sleep. We found Crosswinds through tripadvisor, and since they had the best price in the area, we decided to give it a shot.

When we arrived, it looked like your standard beach motel, so we weren't really expecting much. Oh boy were we wrong, this place is amazing! When we went to check in, we were greeted by Rita and she was so friendly and helpful (she helped us find the perfect dinner spot).

When we got to our room, we were amazed. It was so clean, sported "green" toiletries and Keurig machine and was much more than your average motel room.

The distance to the beach is not too bad, but I could see how it would be a little far for some. Definitely manageable though.

I highly recommend the Crosswinds motel. We will definitely be back!

Also, make sure to check out the great little grocery store across the street. Another great find recommended by Rita!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Windsor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I took my husband here for his birthday. We stayed at the Crosswinds Motel Friday through Sunday. Though the place is not much to look at, there were a lot of pros with staying here. Pros:
The front desk staff were very polite and helpful, the bed and pillows were comfy, the towels were soft, the room was super clean, the motel is in a good location on Rehoboth Ave (about 10-15 minute walk to the beach and a 30 second walk to Dogfish Head Brew Pub), they have a parking lot soley for motel guests. Cons: the sheets are a little rough to sleep on.

Our room was on the third floor and had absolutely no issues with other people making noise or disrupting our sleep. We would absolutely stay at the Crosswinds again!

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor seem to be the best, as you get a nicer view.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were passing through Rehoboth Beach on our way to North Carolina, the first weekend in June. I called on Thursday to see if I could book a room for Saturday night. I spoke with the owner, I believe her name was Rita. She was one of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever dealt with. Even though they had a 2 night minimum that weekend, she was very accomodating, and found a room for us for just 1 night. She also specifically put us in a quieter part of the hotel (the end further away from dogfish head brewery), in a room with chairs just outside, so we could sit outside after putting our kids to bed. the outside of the motel, does look like your average, older motel, the rooms inside were recently renovated and had a clean, modern feel. Flat screen tv's, kuerig coffee maker, new room decor and bathrooms. Given some of the prices of other motels/hotels in the area, Crosswinds was really a great deal. They are right on the main strip through the center of town, about a 10 min.walk to the beach/boardwalk. Many restaurants and shops to see as you walk to the beach. Our 2 and 5 yr. old boys also very much enjoyed funland, a "carnival" type amusement park on the boardwalk. The best part was the prices were out of 1970. It cost us all of $12 to spend an evening there with 2 kids. Rita was also very helpful with giving me lots of area info over the phone when I was making my reservation. She must've spent at least 20 min. telling me all about the area and the motel. FYI - Rehoboth is an alternative lifestyle friendly town. We were informed of this ahead of time. We did see a few couples at the beach, but neither of our children ever noticed/asked any questions. Overall, great clean motel at a great price, in a nice location, stop your search here and book it!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Recently, my husband and I stayed a couple of nights at the Crosswinds Motel in Rehoboth, DE. The price was really great as we also received a military discount. The staff couldn't possibly have been nicer nor more accomodating, even to the point of helping me make my reservations on the Lewes ferry to return home. There are only about 22 units so it seems to be run with a great deal of care and pride. As far as the room is concerned, although on the smaller size and a bit dated, I don't believe I've seen a cleaner room in all of my travels as upon opening the door, a fresh, clean fragrance enveloped the room, not just for an hour but throughout our 3 day, two night stay. By the way, we arrived early, were told the room was still occupied but they would call me as soon as it was vacant and we could occupy it early, and so we did, around 3 hours early. Could you ask for more? The motel is located on the main strip and only a 10 minute walk to the boardwalk. If that's too long for some, the streets were lined with benches only a few yards apart. There is no doubt we highly recommend the Crosswinds and would definitely stay there in the future.

Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there for 2 nights. The first night the a/c didn't work. We called the 'desk' in the morning and afternoon and they said they would have it fixed by the evening. When we came back at 11pm, a/c wasn't fixed or touched and the 'office' door was closed even though they said they close at 12 midnight. There is no one on duty all night! We had a horrendously hot and uncomfortable night. When we checked out the next day they said the manager would be in touch. I've called everyday since and have received no call back and the desk says they can't do anything to pro-rate the bill for our discomfort.
Although the beach is about a half mile, in the heat of the summer it is a long walk. There are a lot of closer places for similiar prices that are much better deals. But if you like a 'catwalk' motel with no service you can try it. I know we won't go back and we go to Rehoboth a lot. One good note is that the cleaning staff is great.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

It was my first trip to this area and I picked this hotel based on proximity to Dogfish Head Pub and price.

We were given a corner room, tucked out of view from the parking lot. The room was very large and comfortable. It looked so fresh and clean, just what I would expect a "beach escape" to look like. The Keurig machine in the room was a great touch.

Plenty of food places nearby, the beach is a short stroll away and cute shops to browse along the way!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room tucked into the corner, it gave us more privacy and provided more of a hotel fee...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I can not say enough nice things about the Crosswinds Motel. I stayed there with a group of friends during the 2012 Memorial Day season. The staff was courteous and the room was spotless. Memorial Day weekend is arguably one of the busiest weekends of the year for the Rehoboth Beach area and I think the staff at the Crosswinds did a great job handling the sudden influx of beachgoers.

1.) Staff:
The front desk attendant was kind enough to let me check in hours before my actual check in time. As she said "If I have the room ready, why not let you check in now?" This is the kind of customer-centric attitude that you sometimes miss in larger venues and I was very appreciative.

Our room was well cleaned each day, even though we had a large amount of luggage with us. The staff was very polite and waited until everyone had left the room for the day to come in and clean rather than knocking on the door at 8AM and waking everyone up. I was very appreciative of this courtesy.

2.) Room/Facilities
This is not a 5-star hotel, nor is it meant to be. It is however clean and comfortable. There is a Keurig brewer in each room with 4 complimentary K-cups for coffee. Large vanity/sink for spreading out toiletries and clean shower and curtain. Beds were comfortable and pillows were fresh and firm.

Additionally, our room came with a mini-fridge which wash helpful in keeping treats for the beach cool. TV had digital cable, but honestly we never even turned it on.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a low-cost no frills option when visiting the beach. It is a little bit of a walk to reach the beach, but is definitely do-able in under 15 minutes. This has become the venue of choice for my friends and I when visiting Rehoboth.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crosswinds Motel? Share your experiences!