“My First Trip to Rehoboth!” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Shore Inn
Save Saved
You added Shore Inn to your Saves list
703 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“My First Trip to Rehoboth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had heard a lot of friends and acquaintances talk about spending time in Rehoboth Beach but, alas, I had never been. I had no idea where to stay or anything. I searched the net and found The Shore Inn and made a reservation. It was my idea of a relaxing place to stay. Small property, plenty of parking, and a hot tub and private sunning area if I wanted to take advantage of them. When I arrived, one of the Owners (Bob? Mike?) welcomed me and filled me in on where I could eat and party and shop at Rehoboth. He was great! As it turns out, Rehoboth is not all that big, so I could walk to everything from the Shore Inn. I had a quiet, pleasant, and convenient stay. I want to go back again when there is less rain. When I was preparing to leave I accidently cut my finger and my friend, the Owner found me a band aid! A nice place to travel to and spend time at!

Room Tip: No swimming pool here, but a large and nice hot tub. No fitness center but I got plenty of exercisi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northern Virgiinia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been visiting the Shore Inn for years until it became too run down to bother. This was our second visit since the new owners have taken over. They really had there work cut out for them and they seem to be doing a pretty good job. That said, I will tend to agree with the review of Sean C (Oct 30) about their tendencies to not want to take care of guest complaints very well. We had some rowdy quests next door to us and I asked to be moved and was told there were no other rooms available. The problem was with noise and smoke. Our room was filled with the smell of stale cigarette smoke all night from the room next to us, and when I unpacked my nightshirt in which i slept, it reeked of smoke. When I left the next morning I counted 4 vacant rooms and 2 rooms under repair. I knew there would be rooms available as this is their off season. To quote Judge Judy "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. This smoking in the room is clearly against Delaware law and we should have been moved to another room, or after my complaint management should have given us a refund if they could not move us, instead of turning their backs and going off in a huff. They seem to focus more on art and gardening than caring for their guests needs. I feel that this may come back to haunt them if they continue with the approach of taking your money and leaving the guests to fend for themselves. Oh, and BTW the designer rug in the office is always dirty and they should have their dog groomed and clean if it is going to be seen by the public....the office should be spotless as this gives the guest their first impression of the place. (Just a hint Guys!)

Room Tip: Do not choose a room with an adjoining interior door (to the next room) as they tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

FIrst, we checked in to find our room was right next to a busy road, but they whined about having to clean the room again and did not move us even though they had plenty of rooms available. So there was no sleeping in the next morning as it sounded like cars were driving through the room. Stay away from room 9 especially Then we asked if we would be charged for our last night if we checked out a day early because Sandy was scheduled to arrive the next day and we did not want to be driving in heavy rain and wind. Even though it was before checkout time, they said we already paid and that was it,no offer of a even a credit for a return trip. I guess today's $$ is most important to them.

Room Tip: Don't check in to room 9, the road is about 2 feet away.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice gay friendly hotel. We were only able to stay a short time so we didn't get to check out all of the amenities. The clothing optional sun deck is great and getting to socialize with other gay men was great as well. Hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at the Shore Inn. Our beach vacation was interrupted by one day of downpours, but it turned into a very fun day hanging out at the Shore Inn and meeting other guests. There are free bikes to ride down to the beach, and the rooms were clean and modern. Bob and Mike were very welcoming and we look forward to returning!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Glad to visit a place that has continously updated the rooms. This Inn is in a great location just minutes from the beach and shopping. The hot tub is great and there is a fine bakery within walking distance. Great area for bicycle riding.

Room Tip: stay away from the end unit too much traffic
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennett square, PA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Fun and friendly place for gay men. New owners really investing in updating the place. Often stay here during summer and always fun. Hot tub, pool table, library for guests, bikes to ride to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for BDT discount
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Shore Inn? Share your experiences!