“Great motel close to the boardwalk; noisy trucks on street though” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beach View Motel
You added Beach View Motel to your Saves list
6 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great motel close to the boardwalk; noisy trucks on street though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband & I and our 5 year old son enjoyed 2 nights at the Beach View Motel. The location is excellent as it is one block from Rehoboth Avenue & one block from Funland. The motel itself is just 3 buildings from the boardwalk. Our room was clean. My only complaint is that the street noise woke us up every morning around 7am. Our room was on the 1st floor facing the street & every morning we were greeted with the trash truck & Sysco food trucks. All 3 mornings while we were there we woke to the back up beeping of these trucks. Maybe if you are on the 3rd floor the noise is less noticable. But all & all we had a nice time at The Beach View Motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Newark, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Cannot say enough good things about the Beach View Motel. First time we have ever stayed but very highly rated on Trip Advisor-with good reasons.
Check in was quick and easy, staff friendly and helpful letting us swim before our room was ready. Pool was small but adequate considering most guests hit the beach.
Location is 1 block to beach and next to Funland. Free parking a plus!
Our room was nicely sized, immaculately clean and quiet! I seldom get a good night sleep in any hotel. It was packed with guests and you would never know it. Any amenity you could need away from home was there. Even beach chairs were provided with an outside shower and changing area. The water pressure in the shower was great.
We got back too late for the evening cookies but did have some nice complimentary wine on our way out to dinner. The lobby is small but charming.
Breakfast was a step above continental. Cereal, danishes/ bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, and egg muffins. There was plenty of food for all and not crowded at all. Tea and coffee were available most of the time, not just at breakfast.
We stopped by the desk a few times for recommendations-were given stellar advice every time.
I can see why so many reviewers return here again and again.
A wonderful property!

Room Tip: pool side room was very quiet.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed over a Friday and Saturday night in August and found everything to our liking. The staff is great and the rooms are large, tastefully decorated and well-maintained. Other perks like use of beach chairs, free breakfast and a parking spot right in the center of town make this place a great value too. We recommend it highly.

Room Tip: We had a Queen with a balcony with a small view of the ocean and thought it was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

3rd year in a row, my wife, her sister and I have stayed here. We love it here. We enjoy the breakfast every morning, a perfect way to start the day. They enjoy the wine and cookies. I like that they have coffee brewing all day. My big plus is that they clean the rooms very fast. We went for breakfast at 8:30 and we got back to our rooms at 9:00 and they were already cleaned. This is big for me because I like to relax in the room and watch some TV when my wife and SIL go to the beach/shopping until I'm ready to get my day started.
Can't wait to go back next year.

Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I knew this was going to be a great place to stay when I was booking the reservation on the phone! Very friendly and accommodating! The staff is on the ball and they go overboard to make you feel welcome. The rooms and property were very clean, and we loved the "extras" that they provided...wonderful breakfast (fresh fruit, egg muffin cups, cinnamon muffins, juices, pastries and more) and I loved that coffee was available all day/eve! AND they have a daily afternoon wine tasting and warm chocolate chip cookies every night!The motel is in a great location, steps away from the boardwalk and beach, shopping, restaurants and attractions. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the adults enjoyed the rocking chairs on the balcony, This was my first trip to the area, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, largely because of the hospitality of this motel staff. They set the tone for a wonderful trip! Thank you!

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and so friendly. We were traveling with our 15 month old twins, so the room was all set up with the pack n plays as soon as we checked in. Everything was nice and clean too. In the morning they offered a continental breakfast that was great!!! We would love to come back next year:)

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on the third floor, but I am sure no matter where you stay it will be just...
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have stayed here a few times now. This is the first time during peak season. We had a great time and no real problems. It was quiet in the evenings and very relaxed. The Motel was full and it didn't even seem like it. Staff and food was great. We had a great stay just wish it was longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple