“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Silver Lake Guest House
133 Silver Lake Drive, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Hampton, Virginia
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend in Rehoboth and stayed at Silver Lake Guest House. We've stayed there before and are glad to report it's still a great place to stay.

The room was immaculate and very comfortable with a beautiful view of the lake and a small bit of the ocean. Rates seem inline with similar accommodations in Rehoboth.

The owners were very welcoming and eager to make sure we enjoyed our stay (we did!).

The only downside is it's a bit of a walk to the town center (it's a beautiful walk though).

If you plan on visiting Rehoboth and are looking for a place to stay, Silver Lake Guest House should definitely be on your short list.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the higher room rate, the third floor front rooms offer great views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been going to Rehoboth my entire life but never knew about this little place. I happened to find it recently when looking for a bed and breakfast last minute. I was pleasantly surprised with my find!

The staff was exceptional! So friendly and accommodating! My room was impeccably clean and comfortable! They have everything you need for a day at the beach! Breakfast is provided in the full kitchen that is available for guest use. There are plentiful chairs and coolers to take with you to the beach. The location is perfectly situated at the south end of Rehoboth near Dewey and right next to a Jolly Trolley stop. The house was quiet and relaxing!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Many times you see a picture on a website and it looks great only to be disappointed when you actually arrive at the property. I can only say that in this case the old adage that a picture is a worth a thousand words is definitely appropriate. If anything the pictures don't do the Sliver Lake guest house adequate justice. The rooms and property are exquisite, and the view of the lake is to die for. The property is immaculate and splendidly landscaped. Everything is within walking distance. Mark is the consummate host. My wife and I visit Rehoboth at least twice a year. This was our first stay at the Silver Lake guest house. We can both say unequivocally this was our best choice ever. We look forward to staying at the Silver Lake Guest House again, and again, and again!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor facing the lake have a deck and an awesome view of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our first weekend stay in Rehoboth. We chose Silver Lake Guest House based on all their wonderful reviews. I must say, the reviews were very accurate. The house is just beautiful. Our room was spotless with a view of the lake. Mark is just a wonderful host. The location was excellent for us since we wanted to stay away from Rehoboth Avenue which is very busy and noisy. The boardwalk was only 2 blocks away. We walked to Rehoboth Avenue both days for some shopping and dining. If we ever return to Rehoboth, this will be our first choice for accommodations. Thank you Mark and Joe for our wonderful accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took a chance on a last minute getaway and were lucky enough to snag a room at Silver Lake Guest House. Joe and Mark have a lovely, well maintained property located within walking/biking distance of everything fun. Our room was large and featured a view of the lake. It was super clean and the housekeeping staff was attentive to when we left, as to have the room ready upon our return.
A nice breakfast is thoughtfully prepared each morning with bagels, muffins and a variety of fresh fruits. Wonderful French fruit spreads, cream cheese, butter, etc are available. It was too warm to take breakfast up to the roof deck, but the sunroom never felt crowded. Just a nice group of people enjoying the morning papers. LOVED having both the Washington Post and Sunday NYT out on the table for us!
Joe and Mark also provide beach towels, chairs and coolers. Again everything is well maintained and clean! The outdoor shower is large and they leave a basket of towels outside of that as well. Thoughtful touches that make the difference. We wholeheartedly recommend staying at Silver Lake Guest House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our first stay in Rehoboth and after careful review of many properties my partner and I chose Silver Lake Guest House. We are so glad that we did !! Mark and Joe are such wonderful hosts. We happened to be there on the day that the Supreme Court struck down D.O.M.A. which made it even more special, Let me just say that this place is immaculate !! Great rates, great people running it and a great location. The morning breakfast was just the right amount to get us going. The 24 access to the kitchen area was another plus in our opinion. The neighborhood is quiet and serene. Our back patio provided a wonderful place to kick back and relax with a cool mixed drink. The bathroom was spotless which is a big thing for me and my partner. I cannot say enough about Silver Lake Guest House....but here is one more thing that will tell you what type of people own/run this house.....when we returned home we realized that our cell phone charger was left in the room. I called Mark and he sent it out to me immediately !! I got it in the mail the NEXT day !!! That is professionalism at it's finest. We will be returning to Rehoboth and staying here again. You will do the same, believe me.

Room Tip: While the rooms in the front provide a spectacular view we found that the ones towards the back had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed here on vacation on 3 separate occasions and enjoyed every one of my stays. Joe and Mark are great hosts who know the area very well. This guest house is not in the heart of Rehoboth, which I love, but it is in waking distance of downtown. They are very accommodating hosts who treat you like you're the only ones there.

Room Tip: Front rooms that face the lake are lovely, but get ALOT of sun.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silver Lake Guest House? Share your experiences!