“What a GREAT place to stay in Rehoboth !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Silver Lake Guest House
133 Silver Lake Drive, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“What a GREAT place to stay in Rehoboth !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our first stay in Rehoboth and after careful review of many properties my partner and I chose Silver Lake Guest House. We are so glad that we did !! Mark and Joe are such wonderful hosts. We happened to be there on the day that the Supreme Court struck down D.O.M.A. which made it even more special, Let me just say that this place is immaculate !! Great rates, great people running it and a great location. The morning breakfast was just the right amount to get us going. The 24 access to the kitchen area was another plus in our opinion. The neighborhood is quiet and serene. Our back patio provided a wonderful place to kick back and relax with a cool mixed drink. The bathroom was spotless which is a big thing for me and my partner. I cannot say enough about Silver Lake Guest House....but here is one more thing that will tell you what type of people own/run this house.....when we returned home we realized that our cell phone charger was left in the room. I called Mark and he sent it out to me immediately !! I got it in the mail the NEXT day !!! That is professionalism at it's finest. We will be returning to Rehoboth and staying here again. You will do the same, believe me.

Room Tip: While the rooms in the front provide a spectacular view we found that the ones towards the back had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed here on vacation on 3 separate occasions and enjoyed every one of my stays. Joe and Mark are great hosts who know the area very well. This guest house is not in the heart of Rehoboth, which I love, but it is in waking distance of downtown. They are very accommodating hosts who treat you like you're the only ones there.

Room Tip: Front rooms that face the lake are lovely, but get ALOT of sun.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've been spending a few days here every spring for more years than I want to count. It's gone from having nice enough rooms and a little breakfast kitchen to exceptional rooms and a lovely breakfast room/lounge overlooking the lake. You couldn't ask for a better location--walking distance to the beach and the downtown restaurants, but removed just enough to be quiet and private. Mark and Joe always make us feel like friends being given the run of the house. They're a great source of information on new restaurants or changes to old favorites. If you want to be sociable while reading the New York Times or Washington Post at breakfast, the other guests tend to be a fascinating and friendly bunch.

Room Tip: Third floor front rooms cost more but have balconies facing the lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I were striking out trying to find a place to stay for one night in/near Rehoboth when we came across the Silver Lake Guest House online. This turned out to be the perfect place for our stay!

A few highlights ... Joe and Mark (the hosts) are polite, professional, and welcoming, and both made an obvious effort to make us feel comfortable during our stay. The house itself is large and very well maintained. The rooms are nice (ours was the smallest option with one queen bed), and all have private baths. I believe the other rooms may have larger beds and/or balconies for slightly higher rates.

All guests have use of a common kitchen and living area (includes fridge, coffee maker and other appliances, etc), as well as a beautiful second floor deck that overlooks the lake. Despite a fairly full house, our stay felt very private as we only saw the other guests coming and going and during breakfast ... which, although not a hot breakfast, was delicious! Lots of fresh fruit and pastry options and very good coffee.

We didn't stay long enough to take advantage of the beach, but the house provides towels, coolers, chairs, and other necessities, and the beach is a short walk away.

We did walk to downtown Rehoboth, which is a short 10-15 minute walk through a residential area. It was nice to stay outside of the busy downtown area (and not have to worry about parking!) yet be close enough to easily walk downtown. Joe also told us about a shuttle (the Jolly Trolley) that makes frequent trips to downtown.

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you want to be close enough to the action but want to stay in a nice, quiet area.

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest room which had plenty of room for the two of us. If we were staying longer, ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gambrills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Mark and Joe, the owners of Silver Lake Guest House, have it down pat when it comes to running a clean, efficient, friendly and welcoming place to stay in Rehoboth Beach. My wife and I have stayed with them for a week each over the past 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed their gracious hospitality and excellent location. Right across the street from a gorgeous view of Silver Lake and its wildlife, the guest house is very conveniently located just a mile from downtown Rehoboth Avenue and about a 10-minute walk to the beach. They provide a very nice continental breakfast, beach chairs, coolers, and off-street parking. The room we stay in (same one for all 3 visits because we love the view of the lake from the second floor) is very large and clean with a comfortable king bed and a small outdoor patio with table and chairs. If you're looking for a bed-and-breakfast place in the Rehoboth area, I highly recommend you give Mark and Joe a try.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing front have a fantastic view of Silver Lake - bring a pair of binocu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here...very relaxing. I like the fact that it was just outside of the busy downtown area and had a great lakeside view. The owners, Mark and Joe, were great...very friendly. They gave us the run down when we checked in on places to eat and things to do. The beach was only a 15 min walk away. And I loved that they provided free towels, chairs, and a cooler for us to take a long. When I return I definitely will stay here again.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a wonderful place. We recently stayed at the Silver Lake Guest house on a trip to Rehoboth Beach. We chose it based on reviews and the fact that it was not in town. It was the most relaxing wonderful place. They have a very nice continental breakfast and the rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Mark and Joe were wonderful hosts and made our stay. They go over and above to make your stay perfect. They have bicycles, coolers, ice, beach chairs and towels for you to use. There is a nice outdoor shower to wash off the sand. There was a nice mix of interesting people to chat with in the common rooms. I could go on and on but I highly recommend a visit to Rehoboth Beach and a stay at the Silver Lake Guest House.

Room Tip: There are pros and cons to all the rooms. The ground floor room has it's own exterior door and i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silver Lake Guest House? Share your experiences!