“Great food, less than average service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Landing, New Jersey
“Great food, less than average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Things we loved - The food was fantastic! My husband and I split a chopped salad (it was delicious big enough to split between 2 people). My husband ordered the Shrimp and Grits - delicious and I would get that next time we go there. I ordered Fins Cioppino with linguini. It was awesome. There was more "meat" than pasta, which was fantastic! Each bite was full of fresh seafood - couldn't have hoped for a better dish.

Things we didn't love - I am pregnant, so I am not drinking alcohol or soda. I was hoping to get something nice to drink (maybe a "virgin" drink? Needed some guidance with this). I asked the waiter if he or the bartender might have suggestions for a non-soda/non-alcoholic drink. He flatly said "no". It bummed me out, since this was our "nice" dinner out during vacation. He never refilled my water during our meal, and barely showed up once our orders were taken. It was early, and the restaurant wasn't full, with a full waitstaff. Just disappointing for such an otherwise nice meal.

Visited September 2013

83% Recommend
Phiadelphia, PA
“Anniversary Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wanted to go somewhere special for Anniversary took the Ferry from Cape May. Was told by a few people that this was the place for seafood. I had a broiled combo (Shrimp, Crab Cake Scallops, and Stuffed Flounder). Sauce was like a scampi sauce. Shrimp were small probably med or large, everything else was fair to good. NO bread on table would have been nice with scampi sauce served in a take out type dish, nothing fancy. one side included got broccoli (only veggie offered) Salad was fair (at a 8.95 price) My wife had fried shrimp platter mac & cheese side and tater tots. No too impressive looked like a fast food dinner. Taste fair.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Average Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Was told by more than one person that this was the place to go for the best seafood in town. A lot of reivews on Trip Advisor also rave about this place. First impression: service was lacking. Barely acknowledged by hostess and was made to feel like we were making them work way to hard just to seat us. Took forever for the server to take our order and even longer for the food to arrive. Food was so-so. Crab soup was tasteless and my lobster was rubbery. Server failed to mention that the kids menu was on the back of the coloring page the kids were given and we would not have ordered an additional meal for them to split if this was brought up during the ordering process.

Got the feeling that this place is coasting on a past reputation and nostalgia from the locals and seasonal visitors that keep coming back. Final issue? When the server eventually asked "How was everything?", told them that the fish platter was overcooked. They simply smirked: "Oh, that's too bad; would you like to order dessert?" It's probably time for management to clean house and focus on customer service. Had a difficult time leaving a tip and found the prices a bit high for a so-so dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Overrated! Calimari had no seasoning and was not crisp. Mahi was just ok; Mac n cheese was not spectacular and broccoli was over”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed in the food. Margeaux was very helpful and attentive however the food didn't live us to other reviews. Our meal at Adriatico was far superior. Even the crabcake special at Crabby Dick's and their addictive popcorn was much better.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorite places at the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Every time we stay at Rehoboth Beach, our first dinner is always at Fins. We have the chopped salad or house salad...very fresh and filled with good things, and always the steamed shrimp and great beer! Once we go to Fins, we know we're on vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere