“location, location, location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
dnpinva
“location, location, location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

The location of this hotel is ideal - only a stone's throw from great restaurants and nightlife. it is also close to the beach. You don't get much for your money. The rooms are fine - no complaints, except for the bathrooms, which are in need of updating and are not well-lit. The balconies are a nice feature. Free parking is a plus.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed w/ kids and sister for overnight trip. The hotel was very accommodating, allowing us to park on their lot at noon before check in so we could go to the beach. Easy 2 block walk to beach. Room was spacious w/ 2 doubles and pull out sofa. Minifrig and microwave. The hotel is older, a little dated but clean. The balcony faces a small pond/park area. The continental breakfast included muffins,bagels, cereal,oatmeal, juices,coffee- adequate for everyone in our group. The pool is small,located on the roof in a glass enclosure- a little steamy up there. We were allowed to keep our car on the lot after check out until 2:30, use the pool bathroom and outdoor shower- very helpful. Would stay again for short trips.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Long Island NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I stayed here for my sons baseball tournament. Kelly the "so called manager " (she's just a nasty supervisor as I found out later) Even though I already paid for one night Kelly had the nerve tochange my rate for my hotel stay.I questioned her about my rate and she told me that she doesn't have to check us in and we can go someplace else yelling at me infront of my children. She told me that I was wrong and the customer is never right that she was right and she didn't care. I would of loved to stay someplace else but it was Memoiral day weekend and I could n'tt find another place to stay. I had paid for 2 suites which were very tiny. The entire hotel needs to be updated.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We decided to make a spontaneous overnight trip to the beach. We were looking for an affordable hotel, with walking proximity to the beach and restaurants and amenities like a fridge and microwave to store and heat food for our 4 year old son. The Breakers fit our needs. As other reviewers have noted it is a basic hotel but it was clean and maintained. It could use an update but it was not uncomfortable for one nights stay. They work closely with their sister hotel The Sands to provide breakfast and sun umbrellas. We did not review the pool nor did we end up having breakfast at the hotel. There was plenty of free parking available.

Perhaps the only major drawback that I would note was the fact that the fire department is located directly across the parking lot from the hotel. Twice during my son’s afternoon nap the very loud siren sounded for several minutes to announce the departure of the fire engines. When we asked at the front desk how often and how late this occurred we were informed that it is rare that the alarm sounds after 11 pm. And to their credit we did not hear the siren again during the rest of our stay. However, if you are looking for a quiet place to stay with a child it is something to consider when making your reservation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Our family of four stayed at the Breakers over the July 4th weekend. The hotel room was small, but adequate for our needs as we did not spend much time in the room. Overall the room was a little dated and could stand new mattresses and pillows. The bathroom was very small with little countertop. The free breakfast was not that great with prepackaged pastries, but there are lots of great places to eat in Rehobeth so this was not a big deal. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions.

We enjoyed walking to the beach each day, which worked out ok for our teenage boys. If you had small children, you might want to find a closer hotel. It was great to be able to walk down to the beach to watch the fireworks on the Fourth and not deal with the traffic.

Overall, I would stay there again in a pinch, but there are better hotels in Rehobeth for the same money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I spent labor day weekend 2008 here and had the worst experience of my life (and I frequently stay in hotels as a result of traveling with my job). I was given a "pet friendly" room when I had no pet and my room was infested with fleas. I suffered over 35 bites on my legs as well as permanent scarring as a result of this. The hotel staff was rude, did not assist with the problem and even had the nerve to blame me for the infestation. I had to shorten my stay at the hotel as a result and when I attempted to collect a refund for the nights I did not stay in the hotel, I was met with even more rudeness. I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in order to receive a full refund for my stay there.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The hotel location is convenient, and it has all the amenitiies of a beach hotel. However, it could use some improvements. Bed spreads and blankets are 100% polyester, towels and linnens are clean, but they have seen better days. I did not eat the continetal breakfast, considering that there are so many good places to eat brekfast within a 5 minutes walk. I have stayed there 3 times, because it is the th default hotel. I think I am ready for an upgrade to somthing a bit more upscale.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to The Breakers Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!