“Nice stay but over priced” 3 of 5 stars

The Breakers Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Second Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Willingboro
“Nice stay but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have stayed at this Motel/Hotel many times over the past 20 years. It is nice, clean but a little dated. The prices average over $200 in the summer. The location is great and near beach and pier. The breakfast buffet was just o.k. There was a slight odor coming from the A.C. and the balcony could stand a scrubbing. The staff were nice and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My Birthday stay was Monday through Wednesday. It was very nice ! No problem with parking , good check out time, very clean & helpful service from everyone on site. The room 310 was redone recently as the décor was as nice as the Tropicana's new rooms! We enjoyed quiet sleep & it was close to all the sopping , eateries & Beach! We also enjoyed the pool with an open ceiling view of the Moon ! A walk in Gerar park was beautiful and right across the street ! Very peaceful & romantic Birthday ! Thank you for being there Breakers! As Good As It Gets! :)

Room Tip: Street side standard room with private balcony , 2 full beds , fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hair...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Deptford, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this hotel 2 to 3 times a year for over 15 years. It has a great location. Over the years the rates have continued to climb. This stay averaged over $300 per night. On our bill I noticed that they now charge a daily fee to park your car. The rooms are adequate and clean but not worth the price. My problem on this trip was the noise from the room above us and the response ( or lack of ) of the management. On the first night of our 3 day stay the noise coming from this room and from their patio went on till 2;30 a.m. On the third night the partying started at midnight and went on until I went to the front desk and complained.at 2:15 a.m. The response was that it must be room 218 again. A guard was sent to investigate and the police were called. Things got quiet for awhile and then started up again until 4:00 a.m. When we checked out we explained to the staff that we had a horrible stay we got not even " We're sorry ." The only response was, " Do you want a receipt. "

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor (5th).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Not only was it over priced for how completely dated (see hotel scene from National Lampoons Vacation for reference) but it was filthy (dead bugs on the floor) and the kicker is they double charged my credit card! Spend your money elsewhere!

Stayed June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have stayed now three different times at the Breakers. The hotel has undergone some renovations and continues to update the outside from normal weather conditions. Overall the hotel is not bad for the value and the close proximity to everything. If you are looking for a no thrills inn and walking distance to the beach and nightlife, look no further. If I had to make one recommendation it would be to get rid of the nasty bed spreads. It is the first thing I remove once I check-in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We brought a dog with us, so I can only comment on the rooms allocated to pet owners (they only have ground floor, back-of-the-hotel rooms for pets). If you want a palatial room, this is not the place for you. If you need a specific type of mattress, this is definitely not for you. This is also not a B&B (though breakfast is included.) This is not the Four Seasons. However, this is a perfect, easy place to take your dog and be able to enjoy Rehoboth, with friendly staff and a fantastic location.

We took a spontaneous day trip to Rehoboth hoping maybe we'd find space for the two of us and our dog to stay the night, and The Breakers was available and not crazy expensive. Some of the places require a $75-100 fee and are not within walking distance to anything. This is right within walking distance of the main streets, shops, and beach, and the staff is very friendly. It was definitely a little price for the quality of room (they all have two doubles, I think, in the pet rooms, and one of our mattresses was not good--but the dog loved it and we could share the other!). However, the room was *very* clean, very convenient, and really easy with our dog. It is right across the street from a little park and has lots of grass for dogs to use. There is a little deck area and parking is free. Breakfast at the Atlantic Grill is included, and it was great for what it is (a cheap buffet with good coffee, and overlooking the water)!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here once before and it was fine. This past weekend we just wanted to stay one night and the only available room was a 1 bedroom suite for $244. Decided to splurge. Oh my gosh. After spending the day and evening in Rehoboth (awesome as usual) we came back to our room. My husband and son soon went to bed while I decided to enjoy the separate living room to read for awhile.

It wasn't long before I noticed all the ants! The table next to the sofa and the wet bar (with my pb & J sandwich) were infested. YUCK. Decided to go to bed. The next day my husband mentioned the ants in the bedroom. Oh my gosh.

When we checked out, they said well the ants were only on the balcony, right? My husband laughed and said no, you need to spray all the rooms.

We definitely won't be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!