“We had a GREAT week!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Nazareth, Pennsylvania, United States
“We had a GREAT week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I too, saw some negative comments, but we had a great week. maids were super friendly, renovations were evident (but not a problem), rooms were spotless, & pool was great. Sure the coffee machine in the lobby wasn't working, but ample coffee supplies were provided at the desk for use in rm. The view over the lake was nice from our balcony. We hope to return next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Despite the negative comments made by previous guests, we have found our stay quite enjoyable. The accomodations are nice. We stayed in the 2 queen bed suite. It worked out nicely because we have a 2.5 year old and she slept in the bedroom while we watched TV in the living room.

The location of the hotel is a great place. It's a few short blocks to the beach and 2 blocks away from the main strip. You won't need your car once you get here. In fact, the hotel provides a chauffered surrey service. It was raining so we took the surrey to complimentary breakfast at the Sands. The breakfast was a fully stocked buffet and not just a continental breakfast. You just have to pay for milk and juice.

The only negatives would be cosmetic. It's clearly going to a remodeling phase, so it's not perfect but comfortable and on it's way to looking much nicer. The TVs are still tubes, but you don't really go to the beach to watch TV, right? The pool was functioning but missing a window ceiling panel. It also is under renovation but a nice amenity during a rainy day at the beach.

Overall, it was a nice stay and you pay for the convenience of location and ability to have a rental for less than a week. The small kitchenette (microwave, sink, and fridge) were just enough to help us feel comfortable for a few day. Additionally, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I didn't see anyone being incompetent or unhelpful.

Just realize that you're at the beach and not at a luxury suite in the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Breakers the night before a business conference in Rehoboth Beach. I felt fortunate to find available rooms here because most of the other hotels in the downtown area were either full or priced to the max. I paid $179 on a Thursday night for what can best be described as an average/mediocre hotel.

The front desk area was pleasant enough, and the staff were nice. But the elevator was slow and dirty, and most if not all of the rooms have outward-facing doors, which is something I'm never too keen about. My room had two double beds and was quite warm even with the A/C kicked down all the way. I had a difficult time sleeping because of the noisy A/C and warm temperatures.

I checked out promptly at 7:30 to get to my meeting and didn't look back.

I would not really recommend this hotel to anyone unless you're looking for inelegant budget accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

One word: Feces. Our room smelled of feces. When I tried to tell the front desk AND even the manager later in an email, they said "Well, we upgraded you." And would not give me any kind of compensation.

Repeat: Feces. Poop. The room smelled of poop. It was disgusting. I could not wait to go home.

Room Tip: Rooms smell like poop.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE , all they do is LIE about prices and being a Luxury hotel and suites, are you kidding me it's not even worthy to be called a motel ,

They tell you one price then they change that ,, Bring your animal with you which is FREE they tell you on the phone, get there and they CHARGE you it ,,

No one ever seems to remember talking to anyone needs to get help , The front desk, employees, and MANAGERS are terrible .

I nice guy was at the front was all and will not see him again cause you could not pay me nor my family or friends or give me free rooms for life to go back ,

AC freezes all the time , not cleaned , the pool / lounge ares our lack of that not appealing .

I can go on and on, but it's a waist of my time .

In reality take a course on how you should REALLY treat your guest, specifically returning ones or as of now non returning ones .....

Room Tip: my tip to choose a room is DON'T ,, use a sleeping bag by the lake
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during 4th of July week. Rug in room was dirty, needed major shampooing! Comforter on the bed was very stained. No attendant overseeing the parking lot of the hotel, so tourists park in the hotel lot and walk into town or spend the day at the beach. We arrived back to the hotel on Saturday night around 11:30. No spots at all. There was an employee checking cars for hotel stickers, but explained that they can't get tow trucks into their garage to tow illegally parked cars because the ceiling is too low. So why let them in in the first place?? We parked on the grass next to the dumpster
hoping we wouldn't get a ticket.
We were lucky, we didn't. At checkout my husband complained about the lack of parking and they did waive the $3.00 a day parking fee. So we got rewarded a whole $12.00 to be inconvenienced most of the week looking for parking. The location is convenient to walk into town or to the beach. Indoor pool on the 5th floor is small, but well maintained. The stay was just okay overall. I wouldn't recommend it to my friends nor would I be a repeat customer.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to this hotel for 10 years and this past weekend was the worst! Do Not trust this hotel(should be named motel) upon check in we were in the wrong room, they immediately changed us to the suite we had paid for but put us on the 5th floor. The room(a non smoking room) smelled of smoke they offered room sprays but never actually brought them. The 5th floor was unfinished,hot,humid and dirty. The next morning when we awoke several men were outside our window painting(8am) they could see right in the window. When we left for the room we had to plug our noses because the workers were soooo smelly. When the air conditioner was finally installed it was leaking all over the 5th floor I had to go to the front desk to have them put a bucket down. On July 4th the hotel was a mess. 1 front desk employee. Many ppl NOT staying at the hotel parked their for fireworks. No one at the hotel stopped them. There was NO parking for guests who actually paid. When I asked what to do should we double park? she said "I dunno do what you got to do I guess" many guests were VERY upset. This lasted untill the morning of July 5th. That morning we found nails in our hallway... Probaly from construction not cleaned up. I have Many more complaints but that would take all day. When I complained I was told to wait until Saturday to speak with the manager... I spoke with Courtney who could have cared less about our complaints... She tried to tell me I got a discounted rate... When in reality I booked in April and that was the rate they were offering. She was very unaccomadating and not friendly didnt even apologize for all the problems and inconviences. After 10 years I
will never go back to this place.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Breakers Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!