“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Second Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been going to this hotel for 10 years and this past weekend was the worst! Do Not trust this hotel(should be named motel) upon check in we were in the wrong room, they immediately changed us to the suite we had paid for but put us on the 5th floor. The room(a non smoking room) smelled of smoke they offered room sprays but never actually brought them. The 5th floor was unfinished,hot,humid and dirty. The next morning when we awoke several men were outside our window painting(8am) they could see right in the window. When we left for the room we had to plug our noses because the workers were soooo smelly. When the air conditioner was finally installed it was leaking all over the 5th floor I had to go to the front desk to have them put a bucket down. On July 4th the hotel was a mess. 1 front desk employee. Many ppl NOT staying at the hotel parked their for fireworks. No one at the hotel stopped them. There was NO parking for guests who actually paid. When I asked what to do should we double park? she said "I dunno do what you got to do I guess" many guests were VERY upset. This lasted untill the morning of July 5th. That morning we found nails in our hallway... Probaly from construction not cleaned up. I have Many more complaints but that would take all day. When I complained I was told to wait until Saturday to speak with the manager... I spoke with Courtney who could have cared less about our complaints... She tried to tell me I got a discounted rate... When in reality I booked in April and that was the rate they were offering. She was very unaccomadating and not friendly didnt even apologize for all the problems and inconviences. After 10 years I
will never go back to this place.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Don't stay here. Nothing is acceptable. The front desk staff could care less about tour stay. They act as if they are doing you a favor by giving you a room. I just heard one of them yelling at a customer who complained about the ac not working. (It is 90 degrees out!) The place is an outdated dump.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Checked into this dump and was immediately appalled by the poor condition of the rooms. There are holes and stains on the carpets, holes in the bedding, broken furniture and a table lamp sitting on the floor-no table. Unfortunately, the poor conditions of the rooms is minor compared with the aggressively poor customer service.

We were awakened early in the morning by the sound of construction on the roof (we were on the top floor of this section of the building.). This was not minor noise. It sounded like people were using hammer-drills directly over our heads. When we complained, we got nothing but attitude. No apology. No relief from the noise. Just an attitude like we should be happy we were allowed to be here. The Manager on Duty was rude, completely unprofessional and a disgrace to the hospitality industry.

Well never be back.

Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am very disappointed in the way this hotel handles their cancellation policy. I booked a room on 6/16 for a stay more than a month later. After I booked, my credit card was charged for one night's stay, which I expected. About a week later, something came up, and I needed to cancel the reservation. This was still more than a month before my planned vacation. When my credit card was refunded, $25 was missing from the original charge. I assumed it was a mistake; so I sent a note to Breakers asking when the remaining $25 would be refunded. They informed me that their cancellation policy consists of a $25 charge, if you cancel before 72 Hours of the date of your stay. If you cancel within the 72 Hours you forfeit your deposit. I can understand the 72 hour policy, but I've never had a hotel charge a fee otherwise. I think it's in incredibly poor taste and a great way to promote poor customer service. I will never make a reservation at Breakers again, and I will discourage others from doing so, as well.

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation here unless you are 100% sure you will not have to cancel. Otherwise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Staff here was very friendly. Hotel is going through a nice re-model and was priced moderately well for the area. Very convenient to the boardwalk, cheap parking and room came with 2 breakfast buffets the next AM at their sister hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would NEVER NEVER again stay at this place !! After 20 years and a TON TON of $, forget it .

All they do now is change prices on you. One person tells you one thing, then they say they do not remember the conversation, then you talk to Manager or whatever they are down there and she asked the best she can do even quoted the wrong price from her manager is give me a 15% discount of PARKING, seriously PARKING and that is only if I have the ticket from last year that you place in your window.

That's what happened on booking for this year , terrible..

Come on who safes those !!! That please has not been the same since Kelly left and we will miss Lonnie .

It's really said to see how your treated after being such good customers for such a long time .

Do yourself a favor , don't stay here and go to

The Admiral Hotel
2 Baltimore Avenue
tell Booby I sent you , you will feel much more welcomed

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Same thing happened to me. I booked my room on the phone, told them I would be bringing my pug and was never told that there would be a charge for bringing my dog. Upon arrival they then told me it would be 50 bucks a night for my dog. Then to top it off the manager told me I should have lied and he wouldn't have charged me. The room was disgusting (stains all over the carpet), cigarette buts on the patio. For what I wound up paying I could have stayed somewhere much nicer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Breakers Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!