“The indoor pool is closed!!!” 3 of 5 stars

You added The Breakers Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Breakers Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Second Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“The indoor pool is closed!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I took a quick last minute trip and it was going to be a nasty weekend so we were all looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool they advertise. Don't stay here if its for the pool. The front desk staff informed us it has been closed for a year now. Why is this not posted on their website? I would have definitely stayed somewhere else! My kids were super disappointed! Room was mediocre. Good for quick last minute trip.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Back in the 90's this was just a handy convenient place to stay with great staff... nothing fancy .. now with the remodel and updated fittings throughout The Breakers is a cut above and exceeds previous expectations ... nice job guys !

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake are quieter .... parking downstairs is covered and secure .... use the elevato...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent a Monday night here on my way back from Florida a couple of weeks ago. Not surprisingly, there were few other guests there. Check-in was quick and easy, the receptionists were very pleasant, and knew of the open places around town. My room was clean, quiet, warm and very comfortable. Cable TV with wide variety of local and cable channels. Clean bathroom, plenty of hot water for cleaning. Very easy walk to the middle of town. Quite a few venues open for the middle of winter..several nice restuarants and pubs within a 5 minute walk. I am sure the place is much busier during the summer season; but for a quiet evening after a long day's drive, it was all I needed. Checkout in the morning was quick, and there was a small continental breakfast...surprising, as there were so few people staying there, but appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Allentown, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In all fairness, the rating I have given to this hotel only concerns the pet fee and the charge for parking. I have not yet decided to make a reservation. The pet fee of $50 PER DAY, added to the normal room rate, is ridiculous. We have a small, 18 lb dog. I have not decided to make the reservation yet, for sometime in July, and this additional $150 certainly will be a factor in that decision. And then they charge you $3 a day to park at their own hotel. I am aware of pet fees, at hotels, but to charge to park on their premises, while paying an already inflated amount for the room, seems really greedy. If we decide to go, I expect a decent room and everything in the room working. And, if we go, I will re-report the experience. I had to choose some things in order to put this review through. Keep in mind that I am only rating the 2 subjects, pet fee and parking charge. I am not rating the hotel experience but will later on if we decide to make a reservation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family was there in April 2012. The staff were polite and helpful. I have a very large dog, who is also very well trained. The clerk had to speak to her manager for the ok. Again everyone was extremely professional. They told me if my dog became a nuisance, we would be asked to leave, (fair enough). This is my only complaint, the rooms that they allow pets in could use some updating. The staff also made several recommendations for dinner, all of which were excellent. They were also very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. The biggest hitch was walking 1 block for breakfast. It is not on the beach, it is 1 block from it, which also means it's a little more affordable. It was more than acceptable. Planning another trip as I write this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oley, pA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly on check in. But hotel was faded, a bit dirty, etc. After running in the town's delightful half marathon, I went to take a bath and found hair and grass in tub. Water from faucets did not taste good. Maid came in with my wife and I saying no through mthe door while I was undressed after race. There was no do not disturb sign. Great location to downtown and beach though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We decided last minute to head to Rehoboth for a long New Years weekend. I've been coming to Rehoboth for about 17 years and know the area and businesses pretty well. I have stayed in many locations and pretty much know what's available and the quality of what you pay. This is probably my 4th stay at The Breakers and my 4th different experience. The rooms are fine (a little worn) but everything in this area for the most part is worn. The room and lobby area are clean. The customer service is usually all over the place however, this visit the front desk clerk named Denise was incredibly personable, funny, and very efficient. As is usual with most hotels I've experienced lately, the staff is usually the best part. For what we paid this was a good value. We came to relax, eat out, and shop so the room was just a pit stop. I can't imagine paying more for this hotel during peak season. Wait until they run specials or deals otherwise you are over paying.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple