“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Second Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family was there in April 2012. The staff were polite and helpful. I have a very large dog, who is also very well trained. The clerk had to speak to her manager for the ok. Again everyone was extremely professional. They told me if my dog became a nuisance, we would be asked to leave, (fair enough). This is my only complaint, the rooms that they allow pets in could use some updating. The staff also made several recommendations for dinner, all of which were excellent. They were also very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. The biggest hitch was walking 1 block for breakfast. It is not on the beach, it is 1 block from it, which also means it's a little more affordable. It was more than acceptable. Planning another trip as I write this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oley, pA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly on check in. But hotel was faded, a bit dirty, etc. After running in the town's delightful half marathon, I went to take a bath and found hair and grass in tub. Water from faucets did not taste good. Maid came in with my wife and I saying no through mthe door while I was undressed after race. There was no do not disturb sign. Great location to downtown and beach though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We decided last minute to head to Rehoboth for a long New Years weekend. I've been coming to Rehoboth for about 17 years and know the area and businesses pretty well. I have stayed in many locations and pretty much know what's available and the quality of what you pay. This is probably my 4th stay at The Breakers and my 4th different experience. The rooms are fine (a little worn) but everything in this area for the most part is worn. The room and lobby area are clean. The customer service is usually all over the place however, this visit the front desk clerk named Denise was incredibly personable, funny, and very efficient. As is usual with most hotels I've experienced lately, the staff is usually the best part. For what we paid this was a good value. We came to relax, eat out, and shop so the room was just a pit stop. I can't imagine paying more for this hotel during peak season. Wait until they run specials or deals otherwise you are over paying.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Not a good experience at this location. We stayed in a overpriced suite in which the AC unit backed up and made our floor wet. The hotel let themselves in with a shop vac while we were at the beach to clean up. My laptop and paperwork got wet and after approaching the front desk they gave me the gm's card. A week later she finally responded in a fashion not showing good customer service. Who is the customer spending $300/ night?? I won't mention names and I prefer not to copy and paste the comments but I can assure you I will never stay here again.
The pull out couch appeared to be very old and worn out. The br bed was comfy but the room smelled like a moldy basement. When I approached the front desk about the water issue I was simply told they had no other rooms and they could " not help me.... The customer!" ........

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nanjemoy, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had never been to Rehoboth Beach but my daughter and I decided to go for one night. The hotel is in a great location, just a couple blocks to the beach and shopping. The outside of this hotel is very decieving, it is well kept but I was shocked when we got in our room. It looks like everything was new and must have just been renovated. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable and hotel was quiet. The room had a balcony and a refridgerator. The bathroom sink is outside of the shower and toliet which is great when getting ready. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The only negative thing I can possibly say is that when taking a shower the water temperature varied the whole time. It went from comfortable to scolding hot then back to comfortable again. We recieved a voucher for a breakfast buffet at their sister hotel a few blocks away. Glad it was free because it was not that great. We did not go in the indoor pool but it is very small. If I go back to Rehoboth I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel. So it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dnpinva
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I would rate this hotel 3.5 stars. I stayed here several years ago, it is clear the hotel has improved. If you stay in one of the remodeled rooms, you will get a nice place to sleep for the location in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We stayed in a remodeled suite on the 4th floor. It was large and had high ceilings. We saw a suite on the second floor that had not been remodeled, and it was dark and depressing. The 4th floor suite had a large balcony overlooking the lake, a flat screen tv in the main room, a microwave and fridge, a good size bathroom with a sink in the main room, and a separate bedroom with two beds and another tv. The room was bright and cheerful. The light fixtures had been replaced. The staff is very good and accommodating. You also get a free brunch at the sister hotel Atlantic Sands just up the street. Parking is convenient ($3 fee). There were some problems, but the staff was (mostly) able to address them. The room is not quite romantic, but is pleasant enough. Beds are not good. They are very soft and provide no support. Pullout couch is rather low quality. The only drawback to the location is that the hotel is situated near the fire station, so prepare for an EXTREMELY loud siren late at night. Overpriced, but every hotel in Rehoboth costs more than equivalent hotels in neighboring communities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed here on vacation for the past 2 years and we're very satisfied. It's only 2 blocks from the beach and the main shopping street (Rehoboth Ave.). The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. If you save your parking permit, you will get 15% off your next stay which is very helpful. We had to leave early (for health reasons) and they were extremely accommodating and credited us for the day. There is a also a buffet breakfast at the Atlantic Sands Hotel which is on the boardwalk included in the price of the room. All in all, I think it's very good and we plan on staying there every time we go to Rehoboth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!