“Good, but turn up the spice” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good, but turn up the spice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We got takeout tonight and overall had a good experience. My boys love sesame chicken and another reviewer said it was good here, but I didn't see it on the menu. I asked and they very nicely made it for them. The pork and chive thin skinned dumplings were good, although the sauce could have been more interesting then just soy sauce (or what tasted like just soy sauce). The pork loin mein was a different take on the usual thicker noodles, with thin rice noodles, more dry then wet. Pork was flavorful. Great dish. The orange flavored beef was not great, sauce was gloppy and without flavor, the meat was cut into thin, flat pieces and didn't have the usual crispiness you would hope for in this dish; don't waste your time on this one . Sautéed string beans were done well. Overall, they need to increase the flavor and amount of spices they add to their dishes. Considering it is a beach town, I should be happy to find good chinese food at all, I would order from here again.

“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The good was good . Plentiful and very fresh. Eggplant was kind of bland. Really enjoyed the spicy chicken. Was expensive over 200 dollars without any alcohol!!!

Wurtsboro
“Everything went wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We must have hit this place on an off night. To start, we had a reservation. I appreciated their phone reservation system..leave a message and you are automatically confirmed unless they call you back.We arrived 10 mins early and our table was ready. However, then things went downhill. We seemingly had no waiter (several were present and hustling) so the hostess took our order. She kindly suggested that the kids food come out asap ( just fried rice) since our orders would take longer. It took about 25 minutes for the rice to arrive. It was delicious! We saw several plates leave the kitchen, people coming after us were eating, finishing and leaving. We inquired at least twice about our orders, and were told it was coming. And then, my food arrived, but not my husband's. By now we are almost 40 minutes from time of order. And then, the hostess came and apologized that they were out of what he ordered, and offered a replacement dish on the house.She said the kitchen totally messed up and was very apologetic. We accepted. But then, 15 minutes later, still no dish for my husband. Frustrated, we decided to leave. At the front counter, the hostess apologized again, but we'd had it at this point. She offered that it was almost done and offered to box it up. We said no, we are done waiting. They did not charge us for the food we did eat. Something definitely wrong there, but we appreciated the apology.

Millsboro, Delaware
“no egg rolls”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Seriously what Chinese restaurant does not have egg rolls? We got the bbq beef sticks first and they were not cooked and then the kung pay chicken hot and we still asked for some chili oil to spice it up. All in all it wasn't great. We barely had enough rice. We split the meal
and did have enough food on a positive note. We also spent$4.95 for a very weak pot of tea. Spend your money at another restaurant!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
barrington
“Delightful and delicious-who would have thought you could find such great Chinese food at the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Second time at this place and loved it again! The hot and sour soup is fantastic. My daughter had the salmon with black bean sauce and said I had to write about it. It was served hot and steaming with flavorful onions. The General Tso's chicken was among the best I have had-lightly fried with a tasty sauce. We loved that they had brown rice as well as white rice and gave us some of both at our request.
They are accommodating to large parties and we loved that they asked if we wanted extra rice with the leftovers we took home.
I enjoyed a curry noodle dish that was a vegetarian option but I wished they
offered more vegetable options-I had the sautéed bok choy but would have liked a larger platter of mixed vegetables. They might have prepared it if I asked for it but it wasn't on the menu.
The atmosphere is lovely, and we really enjoyed our meal.

• Visited July 2013