“Awesome find!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Medford, NJ
“Awesome find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a weekend away from our daughter and dog and we couldn't be any happier with our choice of lodging. Having never stayed in Rehoboth before, we weren't sure of the area or places to stay. After looking at a few hotels and reading reviews I decided to switch my search for BnBs, and we came across this one. It exceeded our expectations and will definitely return with both our daughter and dog!
The owners are amazing and they creating a very welcoming and homey atmosphere for everyone. BREAKFAST WAS THE BIGGEST SURPRISE! We are used to the standard continental breakfast, but we were seating at an outdoor table and served homemade pastries and eggs. Delicious!
It rained a lot during our stay, so we didn't hit the beach, but decided to make our way back to the outlets. If it has been nice, there would not have been a need to move our car because the location is great. We walked to the shops and restaurants on Rehoboth Ave both nights. It was nice knowing our car was off the street.

Room Tip: We called before booking and the owner directed us to the best room for our needs. Then we booked o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted to get away for a few days. We choose to stay at bewitched and bedazzled. Its was away from the hectic main street in a quiet residential area, near great restaurant selections.

Upon arrival the staff seemed a bit stressed, but once settled in we enjoyed our stay. My girlfriend has several food allergies and the staff made special baked goods just for her. The coffee is good and available 24 hrs.

The room was a little small for my liking, I am curious to see that other rooms. We plan to return and maybe bring the dog next time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend to Rehoboth for my birthday with our dog. This was all of our first times to Rehoboth, and although the weather was less than ideal, we still had a great time. The B&B is in an awesome location which allowed us to walk almost everywhere (other than the outlets which were a short drive away). The women who were running the B&B were so kind and understanding. Our dog is just over a year old and was a little excited (i.e. pulling on the leash and wanting to lick everyone) upon entering, but instead of telling us to get out (which I was afraid would happen!), they understood and continued to show us around.

There is a little dog run which is small, but nice to let your pup sniff around and use the bathroom. The place is very dog friendly and we were surprised that almost everyone had brought a dog! I loved that aspect, but some may not if they are not dog-people. They also had a binder with restaurant recommendations that allowed dogs, as well as beach policies for dogs. They try to keep the place clean by keeping dog towels and a dog hose with shampoo outside so that there are not a bunch of wet, stinky dogs running around.

We had a fantastic breakfast both days served to us outside. Coffee and tea were always available, and each morning we got a small glass of orange juice with a homemade breakfast. The first morning was fresh fruit, a "baked chocolate donut" (aka tiny chocolate cake. Which is totally ok to eat for breakfast when you are on vacation...right?), and an egg frittata with canadian bacon. The second morning was more fruit, a fresh blueberry muffin, and "creme brulee french toast". One of the first things they asked when we walked in was if either of us have any food allergies, which we do not, but it was nice to know that they cared. Breakfast was complimentary and way better than the continental breakfast (cereal and toast) that I was expecting. I figure if you do not want to eat breakfast there, there are probably great places to go out to in the area.

Overall we loved this place more than we expected to and now hope to make this an annual trip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The innkeepers are some of the best. Breakfast is served every morning following a sweet / savory rotation to keep the food interesting. They honestly made some of the best french toast I have ever had. This is also one of the best places to bring your dog.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

But not where I eat and sleep!

This placed smelled like "dog.!" And when the owners suggested we stay in the Main House where they don't allow pets (because of guest allergies) we discovered that the owner kept their dog there and was dishonest about it bwhen we asked "who's dog is barking on the 1st floor?"

Rooms were nice. And nicely decorated.

Food was average. Everything was pre made (and frozen then thawed) and had that musty, freezer taste to it.

Staff seemed overwhelmed and at wits end - a simple "hello" or "welcome" would have gone a long way when we arrived but instead we were told reprimanded for inadvertently parking in the wrong space.

Again, the owner lying about their pet being kept in a "non pet" building was enough for me to never return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very pet friendly, helpful, accommodating, great location and relaxing! For a first pet vacation experience, this by far was the most accommodating establishment to ease our stress and help make this the best beach trip with our 4 month old boxer fur baby! We will definitely be back...the expression "come as strangers and leave as friends" rings true!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Although this bed and breakfast is quaint and a few blocks from the beach, the owner makes it very clear that she is all about the money and not at all interest in pleasing the customer. Upon arrival, the first sentence that came out of the owner's mouth after saying "Hello" was "Can you pay your balance?". I replied, "Isn't that usually done at the end of the stay?" I had given a 50% deposit upon booking, and have never been requested to pay a balance at the beginning of a stay. She replied, "No, you pay it now." The breakfast that they provide is extremely unhealthy and there are no choices. They do not have a selection of alternatives, such as breads, cereals, etc... The first morning, they served french toast that was soaked in syrup, cream and brown sugar over night. While some may enjoy that, the owner saw that I did not eat it. She asked me if I wanted eggs, which I thought was very nice, so I said I will have eggs tomorrow. At that point, we had been sitting there for a while, so I was ready to get up and get on with my day. Later in the day, I spoke with the women in the kitchen, and she told me she would provide me with an omelette the next morning. So, the next morning at breakfast, I was served the same thing as everyone else which was a dried up egg, green pepper and breading mixture that was baked in the form of a muffin. I said to the woman serving that I was told I could have an omelette. She replied in a very curt manner "Not today". I replied that I was told I would be able to have an omelette. She replied "We have 28 people here and can not provide special orders". I proceeded to go in the kitchen and talk to the owner and she said there must have been a misunderstanding. She said she offered me eggs yesterday because it was a sweet breakfast that they served, but since today's breakfast wasn't considered sweet, I had to have what they were serving. In addition, the sound was not working on the channel that we like to watch on the t.v., and when we told the owner, she had the attitude that there is really nothing she can do about it. In addition, the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from all sides. For a place that is charging high prices, their service is inexcusable. We will never return to this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RBInnkeeper, Owner at Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
To make check- out easier for our guest, it is our policy to collect the balance due at check-in. To enhance our guest experience we serve a full gourmet breakfast of fruit, muffin, juice, entree and meat switching daily between a sweet or savory dish. When guest make reservations and again when they arrive we ask if there are dietary restricts, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no pork etc. and or requirements, you stated none on both occasions. We serve our guest accordingly. When you expressed a dislike to sweet breakfast when I came to clean your table you commented that the french toast was too sweet for you, and I not only offered to make you eggs I noted your reservation to serve savory from now on. Subsequently that is what we served the next day. The ingredients of our delicious moist strata, eggs, vegetables and cheese over hash browns, are the same for an omelet only cooked in a personalized style so all 28 guest would have a great breakfast and more beach time! All reviews, written by our guest before and after yours, expressed their enthusiasm about our friendliness, cleanliness, outstanding breakfast, and excellent customer service that made their time away delightfully refreshing. I am sorry that your misunderstanding did not give you the same warm experience of our other guest.

Been to Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B? Share your experiences!