“Dog-Friendly, But Expensive & Tired” 3 of 5 stars

Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Wash, DC
“Dog-Friendly, But Expensive & Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am truly surprised by the positive reviews for this place! I'm a longtime visitor to Rehoboth, but usually stay with friends. However, we wanted to bring the dogs and have some privacy so this looked like a great option as so few places in Rehoboth allow dogs. Innkeeper was a bit brusk upon arrival as if we were inconveniencing her, but whatever. The place IS clean, bed comfortable, bfast, offstreet parking, outside deck & showers are all great, but I couldn't get over how outdated the place was. It's not just the decor that is outdated (I mean the wallpaper is straight out of the 1980's and peeling), but the carpets, towels, robes, etc. are worn out. My robe even had a stain on the lapel! Also, there's no place to plug in electronic devices you might bring as all plugs were occupied. We had to unplug the TV to iron clothes. I know it's an old house, but an outlet strip for guests would be a good way to solve this. I feel like attention to detail here is lacking. Just because I bring my dogs doesn't mean I want to stay in a place that looks like it's gone to the dogs. I guess since they know they are pretty much the only game in town, they get away with charging such high prices. At $700 for a weekend, I could have stayed at an upscale hotel in NYC where at many good hotels dogs stay free. I won't be back to this place until they rip off the wallpaper, paint the walls and freshen the place up. Oh, and the coffee? Thank goodness there's a Starbucks just down the block.

Room Tip: The Darrin room in the front of the house. The room is small and next to a hall bathroom, but there...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RBInnkeeper, Owner at Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Positive reviews are given because most guest find their time here a wonderful experience away from their normal routine. I am sorry you and your girlfriend did not experience what you expected. Our B & B’s are some of the original houses in Rehoboth built in the late 1800’s. Bewitched is decorated in the theme of the 1980’s TV series “Bewitched.” Erin Murphy, herself, has been here to visit! You are correct that Rehoboth does have few places that are dog friendly and we are happy to provide that service to our dog loving friends. We also are happy to provide the many free amenities; off street parking, a gourmet breakfast served to your table each morning between 8 and 10, beach chairs and towels, filter water, fresh baked treats, iced tea and lemonade available all day, a large hot tub open until 10 pm. as well as an open cordial bar. For evenings in and rainy days we have large HD LED cable TV's in your private room. In the common areas full cable premium channels', Blue Ray Disc player, an apple TV's are connected to Hulu Plus, Netflix and over 1000 movies on a local hard drive. For the dogs we have outdoor sprayer hose and wicking doggie bathrobes. We also offer for our guest to keep their car in our lot after check-out while they have a final day at the beach and use the outdoor showers complete with vanity, mirrors, and hairdryers. Thank you for commenting that we are clean as our staff receives compliments and tips for the great services they provide. Thank you for your suggestion to provide outlet strips for guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Bewitched & BEDazzled. First I'll start off with the good. The facility was clean and tidy. The owner and the workers were very friendly and outgoing. They made it a point to talk to us and get our story. Breakfast was an eclectic mix on the two days we were there but was good overall. The location was within walking distance to the beach and boardwalk as well as all the restaurants. This is good because parking anywhere near the beach is a nightmare. The meters are basically 24hrs and it's difficult to find one that is available. Plus we had parking out back of the B&B and they were kind enough to give us a parking permit the one day that we wanted to lug a bunch of beach gear so we could park closer (there are residential parking within walking distance of the beach but it requires a permit).

Some quibbles that I had were the wireless signal from our room was weak but serviceable. My only quip against breakfast was the orange juice tasted literally watered down. Our room was quite small for the price we paid per night but we didn't spend all that much time in the room so it wasn't a big deal. It would have been nice to get a tour of the place to see where all the common areas.

Overall, we had an enjoyable experience. The graciousness of the host and good service more than made up for some of the small quibbles I had with the place. If we come to Rehoboth again, we likely would strongly consider staying there again. We would also recommend it to a friend or family member who is considering a B&B at Rehoboth.

Washington, dC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had to make last minute arrangements for a summer stay with my daughter (24) and son (17). I also wanted a pet-friendly place. We had never been to Rehoboth and I had not been to a B & B in over 30 years. Bedazzled and Bewitched is a quaint, cozy, and appealing B & B that elicits lots of nostalgia - we stayed in the Bewitched House with all the photos of that show that I grew up watching.

The B & B is in an excellent location - about a 12-15 minute walk from the beach and boardwalk through a nice neighborhood and a 5-10 minute walk to many restaurants on Rehoboth Avenue.

Inez Conover was extremely helpful in helping our dog acclimate to the new place - her office was stocked with a supplement for dogs to help them calm down and she had a crate on hand so we could leave him in the room on the first day without worrying. He acclimated easily.

Also, when we discovered our room (Aunt Clara's room) was too small for the 3 of us, Inez was most accommodating in giving us a good deal on getting an additional room.

We enjoyed eating breakfast on the deck in the mornings and Patrick as well as inez and other staff were most friendly in serving us. Patrick is a whiz at making delectable sweets.

I will say that it was my fault that I did not think much about breakfast before coming despite having many dietary restrictions. Be advised that if you are vegetarian/vegan/avoid sweets and do not like to eat bacon/sausage and lots of gourmet sweets selections for breakfast, you need to inform Inez and Patrick in advance. I did not feel right in saying I could not or did not wish to eat many of the items since it was my fault for not alerting them ahead of time.

I am giving this place only average though on sleep quality and the rooms average because the Aunt Clara room, although quiet, cute, and nicely decorated - was so small. I do yoga every morning and even though I am petite (5'2), I could barely stretch my body fully in any direction - there was almost no free floor space. I shared the room with my daughter and I felt really cramped. The bathroom was also small and the sink was tiny. We had to pile our toiletries on the floor.

Overall, though, this

Room Tip: Ask about the size of your room. A couple seeking a romantic getaway would enjoy the Samantha and D...
Green Features: This B & B is environmentally conscious- bravo! There are recycling bins and guests are encouraged to reuse towels etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having preciously stayed at the larger, now closed Seawitch, this was our first stay at the smaller Bedazzled. The rooms are indeed smaller but the service is wonderful including the gourmet breakfast. The inn's staff was welcoming and it was a throughly enjoyable stay.

Clarksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I found B&B on BringFido.com but even without dogs, my husband and I would stay here. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and friendly place to stay, this is it. It is close to some of our favorite restaurants (Cultured Pearl, Summer House, etc) and on Tuesday, we even walked to the Farmer's Market with our dogs. It is in "downtown" Rehoboth without all the noisy summer traffic with people coming and going at all hours of the night. Just a really nice find.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Clark Gable room. It is small, as advertised, but we didn't feel cramped. The r...
Green Features: They recycle and breakfast is served, not buffet style. We prefer this because food is fresh and isn't sitting out being wasted.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I hadn't ever planned a weekend around accommodating the dog, but this one was well worth it. The owners/staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was nice to be close to the action, but off the beaten path during the very busy month of August. I would recommend this place and definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little small, so go for one of the larger. Size of the room is really no concern given...
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was truly a pleasure to stay at Bewitched B&B! Initially, I was not impressed with the pictures, but they don't do it justice. The rooms are indeed on the smaller side, however they make up for it in flair and cleanliness! Most importantly, the entire staff was AMAZING!... accommodating, pleasant, friendly, and helpful. And so were their dogs :))

One suggestion: it would be good if they had bikes available to ride into town.
All in all, it was a great experience and I would definitely go back!!!

Cristian

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B? Share your experiences!