“Great location, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Free room upgrade
Ranked #6 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Delaware
“Great location, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in the "Clark Gable" room because my wife is a big fan of "Gone with the Wind". It was a very small room, but it was clean and had lots of personality (There were photos of Mr Gable and memorabilia everywhere). Luckily the lounge was much more spacious: there you can have a hot drink and put your feet up in front of a huge TV.

Inez was very considerate and she put out some cookies for us. The breakfast the next morning was very nice -- fresh blueberry pancakes, muffins, watermelon, hard boiled eggs and other things.

The location is also very convenient -- right next to Rehoboth Avenue and Lupo di Mare, a nice Italian restaurant.

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much, but would probably go for a bigger room next time.

Room Tip: Clark Gable room is quite small for two people. The bathroom is also very small.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

Just returned from a stay in one of the Bewitched rooms (Tabitha) with my two kids, ages 13 & 10. What a wonderful time we had. The staff was courteous and friendly, breakfasts were delicious with a nice assortment of fare, and the kids loved meeting a few new canine friends. While there were a number of other guests there at the same time, we never felt cramped as there are ample open house areas. The room suited our needs perfectly, from storage to the fridge to the cleanliness. Although it's a couple blocks from the beach, the walk didn't seem long and it's well worth the free off-street parking and close access to all shopping on Rehoboth Ave. I'm certain I'll make another visit there as they seemed to cater equally well to various clientele - families, couples, & singles. So glad we chose to stay there!

• Stayed August 2011
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

With three small children at home my time is precious so let it be stated that writing this review is soley to help others in making an informative choice to NOT stay I at the Bewitched/Bedazzled B&B! My husband and I took a two night getaway to Rehoboth Beach with friends. While we had a fabulous time in town and enjoyed a getaway from the kiddos with just adults we were sorley dissapointed in our accomodations. We, along with our friends, have stayed in plenty of B&B's and this one was just not up to par. When one goes to a B&B my feeling is that it should feel like a home away from home. Your experince should feel more personal than that of a hotel stay and the charm and elegance along with food should add to your experince. Our check in was not personal at all, very "matter of fact" here is where everything is. Never were we offerd any advice about the area, asked what we might be interested in etc. The decor, while at one time might have been new, it is begging for a makeover. The rooms do not feel warm or inviting, just old and rundown. Breakfast was self-serve, something I do for myself and kids everyday at home! I might have been able to overlook that if the food had been amazing. Our pancakes were half burnt, peach muffins doughy on the inside, expired Yoplait yogurt and the coffee was not good. The bottom line is that for the price we compared the hotel across the street and for close to the same amount we would have been much happier for our $ staying there. Beautiful decor, wine and cheese board for their guests, shuttle to the beach.....I'm sure that the owners of the B&B have good intentions and at one time might have had a great place. Yet it is time to revamp or throw in the towel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Centreville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is by far the worst B&B we have ever stayed at. It is way overspriced and in need of some serious renovations and better service. When we arrived, the employee was rude and unwelcoming. Her office off of the kitchen looked more like a supply closet! After a quick explaination of when "breakfast" is served and the rules of the hot tub, we were shown to our rooms, the Aunt Clara and Endora. Our room was disgusting. It hadn't been dusted in a long time, the TV didn't work, the bed was made lopsided, it was dank and dirty. I started sneezing the minute we walked in and continued sneezing while we were in there. Walking into the bathroom, my heart fell even more. The wallpaper was peeling off in different areas, the shower had a huge chip in the floor, there were stains on the walls, and not a towel in sight. I am not sure about the theme of the place, but I was expecting more in the way of the Bewitched motiff. There were a few pictures of Aunt Clara, and on the bed was a binder telling about her. Unfortunatly, we couldn't read the literature as the pages that had been printed from the internet (real classy) had been spilled on and the words all smeared. I think one of the most irritating aspects of this room, were the pleas for tips found in the form of envelopes sitting on the dusty dresser! We used the hot tub that night, and all noticed that it smelled of mildew. Once in the tub, there were clumps of hair floating around in it. When I immediately got out, I found that my skin smelled of mildew as well, disgusting. The next morning, we arrived for breakfast! I came into the kitchen and said goodmorning, but the woman said nothing in return, very welcoming...not. She announced that she had made pancakes which were on a plate under foil, and peach muffins. There was also boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, and fruit. The pancakes were cold, obviously, and the peach muffin was an undercooked bland mess. There was no bacon or other meat, nothing of real substance. We were given small dessert plates to "help ourselves." Once we had our plates, we turned around to find the dining room...no such thing! You can eat outside in the heat, or go into the front entrance room and sit at a tiny table. I opened my yogurt only to find it had expired the week before, sure not a big deal, but when you pay $260 a night, you expect the yogurt to be fresh. The coffee was so watered down, I thought I had poured tea on accident. We were so glad we had only booked one night there! We noticed that their other B&B, the Sea Witch was up for sale, good thing, they need to concentrate on improving what they already have.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Innkeeper67, Owner at Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi, we are sorry you did not have the best experience with us, in reference to our pricing, let me explain we provide a free parking lot verses 6 minute’s for a quarter parking meter for a limit in town. are in a very high priced tourist area, we are a small business. We are priced much lower than Brand X Hotels miles away from the beach whereas we are only a couple of blocks from the beach and we provide beach towels and chairs. Yes we are a B&B and our office are is a multifunction room. We open our home to guest as most B&B’s do. We are always working to provide our establishment in excellent conditions, the sink in the bath was replaced prior to this guest arrival and the wallpaper was not totally repaired, however it was done the day of their checkout. We serve a gourmet breakfast by a on-staff chef every morning, I am sorry if what we served did not meet your expectations. Since check out is at 11AM as most hotels we try to accommodate guest, but if they arrive for breakfast at check-out time , we cannot accommodate them. If you look at all of our reviews it is clear that we do not accept anything other than exceptional housekeeping standards. We now deliver your breakfast to your table and make it fresh as you order. We also have what is acceptable in the restaurant business as bistro tables in our sunroom. Since we are in Delaware and morning temperatures do not come close to 75-80o we serve on our 4000 sq. ft. deck. Our Staff is amazing and has been on staff for more than 3 years, and we are an employee owned company. We provide Arabica Coffee and it is made in a standard restaurant brewing pot. We are no longer for sale and in our 12th Season and intend on making all of our guest experience the best vacation ever.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed 2 nights with our dog at this B&B. The room was fine, if small and as others have mentioned, a bit rundown but that's part of the charm of a B&B (I guess). Parking is free, but cramped - our rear bumper was hit during our stay and of course no one owned up to it. Breakfast was fine, but not elaborate and I wouldn't call it a buffet. On average there was fruit, muffins and a casserole or other dish to choose from. We were up right at 8am to eat because the walls are very, very thin so deep sleep was not happening. We stayed in the Darrin II and the bathroom right outside (which was for another room) also added to the noise level. Beach chairs, while provided, are broken so we wound up renting chairs on the beach anyway. Speaking of the beach - we were told it was 2 blocks away when we booked the room via phone. It is a solid 15-20 minute walk away and is a series of winding streets before you get to the 2-block walk. For more than $300/night for the room + dog, I would recommend boarding your dog and staying somewhere on the beach where prices are comparable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Location and theme were fantastic; however the "breakfast was not on par. Coffee was horrible, service was a noticeable effort and the food selection was limited yet straight from the grocery story.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

A great place to stay,staff was great. I have to say,breakfast was awesome!
Pet friendly,my dog was a happy camper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bewitched & BEDazzled B&B? Share your experiences!