“We Kept Extending Our Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast
You added Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
20 Lake Avenue, Corner of Lake Ave and Third Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Reading, Pennsylvania
“We Kept Extending Our Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I were scheduled to stay at Cabana Gardens from Sunday - Wednesday, but we enjoyed our stay so much, we stayed until Saturday! I admit, I had read a few bad reviews prior to my booking our vacation, but I only have positive comments for this clean, friendly, and convenient B&B! First, our reservation confirmation arrived in the mail with a pleasant note from the owner, Gary, who is the sweetest guy! Neither me or my boyfriend had ever been to Rehoboth, so when we arrived Gary showed us a map with all of the hot spots to visit.

Every morning, Gary provided a very nice continental breakfast (the muffins were warm and yummy and coffee was bottomless) and chatted with the guests. The rooms were always immaculate - housekeeping did an excellent job! We had to change rooms because we extended our stay - but we liked the second room even better than our first...we still had access to the spacious deck...and both rooms featured cute wicker furniture! The king sized bed was a huge plus too! The pool was also very clean, had plenty of chaise lounges, adorable landscaping, and was a great place to socialize with the other guests. And, everything in Rehoboth was within a short walking distance. We parked our car once (for free in the Cabana Garndes lot), and never had to use it until we left for home.

You may read other comments about the location being next to the recycling plant...well, guess what...so are two huge hotels...honestly, it was no big deal - a little bit of noise in the morning and it was done. And, another reviewer complained that the towels were blue so they couldn't be bleached...hello...they were Martha Stewart Living towels! And they were always freshly laundered!

Bottom line...you have got to stay at this well maintained, clean, and adorable B&B! We plan to visit again as soon as possible!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This was probably our 7th year in a row to stay at Cabana Gardens. The place is incredibly clean, and kept up very well. Most of the B&Bs in Rehoboth are much older homes that have been converted to B&Bs, and are showing their age. Cabana Gardens is much newer, and you couldn't find a cleaner place. The owner (Gary) is great. Very friendly, and we enjoy visiting with him every year. It's just a few blocks to the beach, and even closer to shopping / restaurants.

The other guests are always friendly as well. We always enjoy the time to meet other people during breakfast, and have often seen the same people year after year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
West Orange, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We’re a Lesbian couple and felt quite at home with the friendly Lesbian, Gay, and Straight guests staying there. The owner, Gary was warm, funny and informative and made us feel like we were visiting an old friend. He joked with us and suggested places to go. Rooms were fresh and clean. Beautiful decorations inside, and beautiful plants outside. Our room had a tv/vcr combo. There is a library of free, current VCR movies that we made use of. Parking right behind the house. Continental breakfast (good coffee). Microwave and fridge on the 3rd floor. Three blocks to beach and stores. It's in the center of everything. We’re Fans and will happily go back to Cabana Gardens.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The proprietor, Gary Trosclair, was very friendly and accommodating from the beginning to the end of my visit. Rooms, common areas, pool and pool area were all immaculate. Linens and towels were clean and always fresh. Housekeeping did an outstanding job. Parking on the grounds was always available. The location is pretty much in the heart of Rehoboth Beach and, thus, conveniene to shops, restaurants and bars. The setting is scenic with a nice view of Lake Gerar. The overall ambience is quiet and friendly. Whether you are very sociable or more reserved, you will feel quite comfortable at Cabana Gardens. Gary welcomes all types. I will definitely be a repeat visitor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Smithsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Again, another wonderful stay at Cabana Gardens. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this place. My room, as always, was immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff really does a wonderful job here. They even went out of their way to make sure I "meant" to throw away something I'd placed in the trash.

What really pleases me about this property is the diverse mix of guests you find there. This trip I met folks from international destinations, returning guests I had met the year before, straight folks, gay folks, lesbian folks, even a cross-dresser. You couldn't ask for a more eclectic bunch, which for me, is what staying at a guest house over a hotel is all about.

One thing that has changed for the better is that the trash pick-up for the neighboring hotel now happens later in the morning, so it no longer acts as your "wake-up call".

My one request/change would be for the owner to offer wireless internet. I was able to "hack" into some close by networks, but the reception was spotty at best. I know...while on vacation I shouldn't be checking my email, but it's nice to be able to check out local restaurant menus, events, and schedules without having to leave the pool area.

But internet or not, I'm already looking forward to visiting again next year!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Cabana Gardens is a wonderful retreat in the heart of Rehoboth. Absolutely immaculate from top to bottom. Bedding, towels and accessories always fresh and showing no signs of wear. An exceptionally wonderful and always clean inground pool completely enclosed with a privacy fence provide a perfect place to spend an afternoon away from the beach. The pool furniture is of excellent quality, clean and plentiful. Rooms are spacious, the continental breakfast is bountiful and delicious. I've been a guest at the Gardens many times over the past 8 years and have come to think of it as my home away from home. It's a quiet, welcoming retreat just half a block from the crowds, restaurants and shops of Rehoboth Avenue. I park the car on the day I arrive and don't start it again until I'm ready to leave - perfect!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The location is great - within a couple of blocks of the main streets (shopping and restaurants), easy walk to the beach (3 blocks). The room was nice, but for the price, it could have had more amenities: public use refrigerator more accessible (it is on the 3rd floor of the main house), free water and sodas (sign requested a donation), snacks (cookies or candy), a radio/CD player in the room. My husband and I were the only heterosexual couple staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!