“Always The Best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast
You added Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
20 Lake Avenue, Corner of Lake Ave and Third Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Smithsburg, Maryland
“Always The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Again, another wonderful stay at Cabana Gardens. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this place. My room, as always, was immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff really does a wonderful job here. They even went out of their way to make sure I "meant" to throw away something I'd placed in the trash.

What really pleases me about this property is the diverse mix of guests you find there. This trip I met folks from international destinations, returning guests I had met the year before, straight folks, gay folks, lesbian folks, even a cross-dresser. You couldn't ask for a more eclectic bunch, which for me, is what staying at a guest house over a hotel is all about.

One thing that has changed for the better is that the trash pick-up for the neighboring hotel now happens later in the morning, so it no longer acts as your "wake-up call".

My one request/change would be for the owner to offer wireless internet. I was able to "hack" into some close by networks, but the reception was spotty at best. I know...while on vacation I shouldn't be checking my email, but it's nice to be able to check out local restaurant menus, events, and schedules without having to leave the pool area.

But internet or not, I'm already looking forward to visiting again next year!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Cabana Gardens is a wonderful retreat in the heart of Rehoboth. Absolutely immaculate from top to bottom. Bedding, towels and accessories always fresh and showing no signs of wear. An exceptionally wonderful and always clean inground pool completely enclosed with a privacy fence provide a perfect place to spend an afternoon away from the beach. The pool furniture is of excellent quality, clean and plentiful. Rooms are spacious, the continental breakfast is bountiful and delicious. I've been a guest at the Gardens many times over the past 8 years and have come to think of it as my home away from home. It's a quiet, welcoming retreat just half a block from the crowds, restaurants and shops of Rehoboth Avenue. I park the car on the day I arrive and don't start it again until I'm ready to leave - perfect!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The location is great - within a couple of blocks of the main streets (shopping and restaurants), easy walk to the beach (3 blocks). The room was nice, but for the price, it could have had more amenities: public use refrigerator more accessible (it is on the 3rd floor of the main house), free water and sodas (sign requested a donation), snacks (cookies or candy), a radio/CD player in the room. My husband and I were the only heterosexual couple staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Upon making reservations, we told the owner that we would be in town a bit early. He said he could check us in around 1, but didn't arrive until 2:10 (check in was at 2). When we talked to the owner on the phone to make reservations we asked if it was a male or female bed and breakfast. We were told that women did stay at this bed and breakfast. After checking in we soon realized that we were the only women in the house, and we were not welcome at all. The owner was quite rude to us as well as the older male guests who all acted as if we were not welcome there. We spent most of our vacation trying to stay away from there, since we felt so uncomfortable. On the first morning there, we went downstairs for the skimpy continental breakfast (with cold coffee and orange juice that was loaded with chunky icy pulp) and on our way back up the stairs, we could hear all the men gossiping about us. Though the place was very clean, we were a little grossed out by the fact that the towels were blue... meaning they could not be bleached. Also, we were very disappointed in the pool. While it was also clean, the website made it look like a normal sized pool. It was not. It was about the size of 3 hot tubs put together, and it was not even at Cabana Gardens... it was located at the place next door. Again, we cannot emphasize enough how rude the owner, Gary, was. If you are female, do not stay here. If you are young, do not stay here. If you are elderly men, you might enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Voorhees, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

My partner and I enjoyed our stay at Cabana Gardens, after already booking at Cabana Gardens I found this website and was apprehensive after reading several reviews bashing the owner. Fortunately I was correct in being skeptical of the negative reviews. Firstly anyone staying anywhere in downtown Rehoboth will deal with early morning noises such as recycling trucks and the occasional siren from the fire department. That is a small price to pay to be able to never have to get in your car. Secondly, We happened to find the owner quite pleasant and with a good sense of humor. In previous reviews, someone mentioned checking out too late and the owner being rude. This person may not realize that is was they who were being rude by not checking out on time and are probably lucky they were not charged additional fees. I hope that no one will take the negative reviews seriously. I'am sure all will agree that there are always people that will find something wrong even if they were staying at the Ritz Carlton. I was very happy with my stay, great value for the price, and the pool was great for the one day we couldn't make it to the beach. Beautiful landscaping, and great location. I would highly recommend Cabana Gardens.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No WiFi
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

The Cabana Gardens B&B is conveniently located on Lake Avenue, just a few blocks from the beach and boardwalk. The property is well maintained and the rooms are clean and just big enough for two. The main attraction here is the pool and the price--if you don't want to mingle with the crowds on the beach, the Cabana Gardens has a wonderful pool in a garden setting with plenty of beach chairs and tables to accomodate guests; and compared to other B&Bs in the area, the price cannot be beat. One caveat--the noise from trash trucks dumping recyclables into dumpsters a half block away woke us up every morning, sometimes as early as 7 A.M.

• Liked — Pool, location, rates, cleanliness, owner & staff very friendly (and pretty funny)
  • Disliked — Noise from the recycling center located 1/2 block away
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

We are just back from a family reunion and can not say enough about how much we enjoyed Cabana Gardens. It is spotlessly clean, decorated beautifully, comfortable beds and lots of furniture in each room. We enjoyed the pool too. The B and B is near the convention center and an easy walk to restaurants or the beach. Gary, the inn keeper, had several suggestions of places to eat. The breakfasts he put out were excellent too.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Cabana Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!