“Excellent Stay at the Delaware Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Tingo.com Expedia.com
Delaware Inn at Rehoboth
55 Delaware Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Stay at the Delaware Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I stayed at this B&B. We did so to celebrate our anniversary over 4th of July weekend. The property is located very centrally in Rehoboth, within a block or two of the boardwalk/beach, shops, and restaurants. The added values really make this B&B worth it - gourmet breakfast each morning, desserts in the evening, beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, bikes, etc. The only hiccup we experienced during this stay was our breakfast order not being taken one morning, but that wasn't enough to reduce the quality of our stay. The innkeeper, Sharon, made up for that by being very hospitable to our friends who came to visit a couple times. I was sad to find out that the Inn is for sale. I hope this location stays a B&B and the new owner does as great a job as Sharon and her son Jonathan have done over the past 20 years.

Room Tip: Room #4 is our favorite - master suite with bathroom attached
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DelawareInn, General Manager at Delaware Inn at Rehoboth, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we have worked on remedying what happened with your breakfast, so that doesn't happen to future guests. We appreciate the comment!

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

So when I arrived late Friday afternoon, I was surprised at the wonderful note and instructions for my stay.. Then I found my room with personalized birthday cupcakes, which I had mentioned it was the reason for my stay but didn't expect anything. After I unpacked, I went to venture out and it was so convenient to soo much like the beach, some great eats, and fun places like The Frog! Saturday morning we woke to some great smelling breakfast which is served on the front porch. It is so beautiful and comfortable out there. The breakfast was delicious, we had vegatable omelets with bacon and blueberry muffins which was made by our wonderful Jonathan and Janice. The next morning they made whole wheat blueberry pancakes and I just wanted to wheep. Jonathan and Janice were so friendly and very helpful!!! But they are leaving the B&B in July so I don't know if the experience will be the same.

The room was nice. The common bathroom needed to be cleaned a little better or freshened daily. But the house was nice!

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the individual bathrooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We're glad you liked the cupcakes and pancakes. Always happy to oblige.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had an Amazing time at the Delaware Inn. The staff at this B&B were prompt, polite, and very accommodating. There was a full hot breakfast everyday, made to order and the location for the Inn was priceless, right next to the beach and all of the attractions of the area. I LOVED IT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We're glad you enjoyed your time. We are proud of our accomodations and the hot breakfasts! We're happy to have you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the time my friends and I arrived, to the time that we departed, we received top-notch service. Pat, Sharon, Demetrius, Mary, and Jonathan were great. They ensured that every need was tended to and the breakfast every morning was excellent. I whole-heartedly and without reservation recommend this property to anyone looking for accommodations in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Best birthday ever? Wow, we hope that only holds true for 12 months... :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Delaware Inn provided a safe comfortable environment for me and my friends. Sharon, Jonathan, Demitrious and Mary were truly delightful. The bed & breakfast was clean and welcoming and it was mere steps from restaurants, shops and the beach! I'm vegan and was pleased with the dietary accommodations the staff made on my behalf. The B&B is equipped with a number of bicycles that we used to go on a great ride. I will definitely return to the Delaware Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for writing your response. We do always try to accomodate our guest's dietary needs.
Dalton, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great B&B right down to the Breakfast, Coffee, Beach towels, Covered Porch , and a 5 min walk to the sand beach and all the cool shopping and eating places!!!! I would for sure go back and stay at this Bed and Breakfast!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come again!
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We just returned home from a great weekend at the Delaware Inn. This special weekend was a birthday celebration for my husband. From the moment we arrived I knew I made the right choice. The Inn was nicely decorated and beautifully maintained. A real homey and comfortable feeling surrounded us. Sharon the owner of the Inn was graciously concern about our comfort and well being along with her other fine staff members-A special thanks to Dimitris, Mary (and her wonderful husband Bill), Pat, and Katherine for taking great care of us. Jonathan whom we did not get a chance to meet was quite helpful with our reservation over the telephone and with dinner recommendations. I selected room # 4. This is one of the larger rooms with it's own bath. We were extremely comfortable and delighted with our selection. They also offer off street parking. The breakfast on the porch was just lovely and peaceful each morning. We were fortunate enough to talk with other guests who were warm and friendly. The food was simply delicious. The Staff kept their promise to accommodate my husband who is gluten free. We so much appreciated that. The inn is perfectly located in a beautiful well kept residential area of Rehoboth and within walking distance of the beach, restaurants and shopping. The Inn offer bikes which is a great way of getting around town. They also offer beach towels, beach chairs and beach umbrellas which was quite helpful. And at the end of the day there was always a special treat waiting on the dining room table. It's always nice getting away but it's even nicer to be in a place that the owner and her staff are sincerely concerned about your comfort and well being. They also have umbrellas in the event you have some rain. We highly recommend the Salt Air, Blue Moon and Tuscany Grill Restaurants,
If you are planning a trip to the Rehoboth Beach area please consider this great Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We enjoyed suite # 4 a larger room with private bath.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We really use these reviews to see what we're doing well, and where we need work. We'll pass on the compliments!

-Jonathan

Been to Delaware Inn at Rehoboth? Share your experiences!