“Thank you for a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Booking.com Priceline.com
Canalside Inn Rehoboth
Canal and Sixth Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ayr, Canada
“Thank you for a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at Canalside Inn during Greyhounds Reach the Beach. After a long drive from Ontario, Canada, we were met with a very pleasant greeting by Rick. Our room (#2) was ready - including some old each towels to wipe our dogs paws. Rick explained everything we needed to know for our 4 night stay.
The room was very clean and very comfortable. This was extra important this visit as the east coast was being pounded by nasty wind and rain so we found ourselves spending more time in the room that we usually would. Our room had 2 queen beds, a small refrigerator, a microwave and a few glasses so that we could enjoy a nice glass of wine. Had the weather been a little nicer we would have enjoyed sitting out on the huge wrap around porch. The Inn offers complimentary wifi which was always available with a very strong signal.
Each morning a continental breakfast is available in the downstairs "family" room. A chance to meet other guests and get your day started on the right foot! If you wish, there are trays available to take your breakfast back to your room.
The Inn is ideally located. As the name suggests it is right across the street from a narrow wooded area and the canal. Very scenic.
The town of Rehoboth is leisurely five minute walk. There are plenty of restaurants and shops lining each side of the street. The Boardwalk and ocean are no more than 15 minutes on foot.
Both Rick and Steven go out of their way to ensure that your stay exceeds your expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Woodbine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love the quiet of this place, it is dog friendly but they were all so well behaved and were a joy to meet as much as the people who visit there. I have referred to it before as my happy place and it continues to deliver. The rooms are very nice, the staff excellent. We usually stay in a canal side king room but the housekeeping girls were kind enough to show me other rooms as people checked out, I greatly appreciate their patience with my nosiness! We will def. be back, hopefully sooner than later

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The owners (and the hotel cat!) were very friendly, the hotel was spotless and quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the hot tub was nice. The location was close enough to the beach that it was walkable but far enough away to avoid crowds and noise. Would definitely return.

garnet valley, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My date of stay was June 2012
My partner & I had a great experience here. We were going to bring our dog, a 50lb pit mix (they did not as the breed), but changed out minds. When we got there the man who checked us in was very nice and gave us our pet fee back without a problem. Our room was great the whole time, so no complaints there. I love the Buddhist/Zen/Modern theme throughout the inn. It was over 90 degrees every day so we really enjoyed the small pool on the deck, and the hot tub too. No one else was down by the pool when we were, so it was really nice to swim and lay out. One of my favorite things is the free bike rental they provide. We took out bikes multiple times a day and they had no problem with us doing that. Great location to bike around the neighborhoods, to the beach, & on Rehoboth ave. If you bring your dog, this inn is in a great location to walk your dog in the grassy area along the canal. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't say anything about that but we did go into the room it is served in, and the room looked nice, I think they may of had some treats and coffee sitting out for the guests later in the day too. This inn was very low-key and not crowded while we were there, and it kind of felt like a B&B which is nice. This inn is costly compared to some others in the area / on Rehoboth ave, but it is way more modern, nicer, cleaner, has a small pool & hot tub on a nice deck, and the pet fee is very low - if you are looking for a nice place, this is worth it.

Room Tip: Even the cheapest double bed rooms were really nice, and pretty big.
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have mostly good things to say about the Canalside Inn. The rooms and décor are really nice - modern, clean, etc. I really enjoyed our room. It was very quiet, I did not once hear another person in the hotel, even though there was no vacancy the whole time we were there. There was a very small pool and nice hot tub in the back.

I have a few small complaints. The man at the front desk (I assume was one of the owners) was not very friendly. He wasn't rude but just not what I'm used to. When we checked out, normally you get asked how your stay was, was everything to your expectations, etc. Nope - I told him we were checking out and all he said was "you're good to go" and left the desk. Not a thank you or anything. The bathroom in our room was small. But I liked the old fashioned look of the sink. I honestly have to say the shower was the worst shower I have ever had to shower in. It was very clean but there was no water pressure whatsoever. It took me forever to rinse off the sand from the beach. And it would go from hot to cold, back and forth.

This hotel is pet friendly. There was a cat sitting at the front door when we arrived - very cute. And we saw other guests with dogs. It is in a nice area. It's about half a mile walk from restaurants and bars and probably a little under a mile from the beach. We didn't mind walking though. I would suggest that this place is best for couples. I would stay somewhere else if you have kids or you're looking for a rowdy time, the place is too quiet to handle that. We actually felt like we had to whisper most of the time while walking through the hall.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in the middle of May. I was very impressed with the place. It was quiet and clean. The room was brightly painted. The decor and ambiance was great. The owners were away but the lady they had working there was wonderful. They have a large room with two tvs and sofas so you can sit and relax. The bed was comfortable. We loved the walk in shower. I loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch an occassional boat floating down the canal. I didn't mind the walk to the beach but if you don't like walking you may want to drive. The best part of all.....It's geared towards adults. There were not any kids running around so we had peace and quiet. Will definately return for another stay.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the canal side. It's a better view if you don't want to just look at houses.
Rio Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I just spent 5 nights here. It is a very clean Inn located in a quiet area within walking distance of all things Rehoboth. There is a nice continental breakfast provided making it easy to get the day started stress free. We highly recommend staying here for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We had a smaller end room but it provided plenty of space for everything. There is a communal TV lou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Canalside Inn Rehoboth? Share your experiences!