“Modern, Clean, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Canalside Inn Rehoboth
Canal and Sixth Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
garnet valley, pa
“Modern, Clean, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My date of stay was June 2012
My partner & I had a great experience here. We were going to bring our dog, a 50lb pit mix (they did not as the breed), but changed out minds. When we got there the man who checked us in was very nice and gave us our pet fee back without a problem. Our room was great the whole time, so no complaints there. I love the Buddhist/Zen/Modern theme throughout the inn. It was over 90 degrees every day so we really enjoyed the small pool on the deck, and the hot tub too. No one else was down by the pool when we were, so it was really nice to swim and lay out. One of my favorite things is the free bike rental they provide. We took out bikes multiple times a day and they had no problem with us doing that. Great location to bike around the neighborhoods, to the beach, & on Rehoboth ave. If you bring your dog, this inn is in a great location to walk your dog in the grassy area along the canal. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't say anything about that but we did go into the room it is served in, and the room looked nice, I think they may of had some treats and coffee sitting out for the guests later in the day too. This inn was very low-key and not crowded while we were there, and it kind of felt like a B&B which is nice. This inn is costly compared to some others in the area / on Rehoboth ave, but it is way more modern, nicer, cleaner, has a small pool & hot tub on a nice deck, and the pet fee is very low - if you are looking for a nice place, this is worth it.

Room Tip: Even the cheapest double bed rooms were really nice, and pretty big.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have mostly good things to say about the Canalside Inn. The rooms and décor are really nice - modern, clean, etc. I really enjoyed our room. It was very quiet, I did not once hear another person in the hotel, even though there was no vacancy the whole time we were there. There was a very small pool and nice hot tub in the back.

I have a few small complaints. The man at the front desk (I assume was one of the owners) was not very friendly. He wasn't rude but just not what I'm used to. When we checked out, normally you get asked how your stay was, was everything to your expectations, etc. Nope - I told him we were checking out and all he said was "you're good to go" and left the desk. Not a thank you or anything. The bathroom in our room was small. But I liked the old fashioned look of the sink. I honestly have to say the shower was the worst shower I have ever had to shower in. It was very clean but there was no water pressure whatsoever. It took me forever to rinse off the sand from the beach. And it would go from hot to cold, back and forth.

This hotel is pet friendly. There was a cat sitting at the front door when we arrived - very cute. And we saw other guests with dogs. It is in a nice area. It's about half a mile walk from restaurants and bars and probably a little under a mile from the beach. We didn't mind walking though. I would suggest that this place is best for couples. I would stay somewhere else if you have kids or you're looking for a rowdy time, the place is too quiet to handle that. We actually felt like we had to whisper most of the time while walking through the hall.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in the middle of May. I was very impressed with the place. It was quiet and clean. The room was brightly painted. The decor and ambiance was great. The owners were away but the lady they had working there was wonderful. They have a large room with two tvs and sofas so you can sit and relax. The bed was comfortable. We loved the walk in shower. I loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch an occassional boat floating down the canal. I didn't mind the walk to the beach but if you don't like walking you may want to drive. The best part of all.....It's geared towards adults. There were not any kids running around so we had peace and quiet. Will definately return for another stay.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the canal side. It's a better view if you don't want to just look at houses.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I just spent 5 nights here. It is a very clean Inn located in a quiet area within walking distance of all things Rehoboth. There is a nice continental breakfast provided making it easy to get the day started stress free. We highly recommend staying here for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We had a smaller end room but it provided plenty of space for everything. There is a communal TV lou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This small B&B is a gem. The staff are cool, attentive people who just happen to know that people who dogs like to take them along on trips. Also, rooms are spacious so dogs don't feel that they're in the way all the time. Bikes & beach chairs are at your disposal. There is also a dog-friendly stretch of beach about 10 blocks away. There's a private, tiny pool and jaccuzi, perfect for winding down after a hot day on the sand & in the waves.

Room Tip: room in the back are quieter and there's a side staircase, so you're not always trooping thr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First off... we get to the hotel which my girlfriends and I had booked months in advanced. We told them the number of people prior to the vacation. Once we arrived, they were very rude and said we had "an extra person", which we did not. He said we then were not allowed to eat the "free" continental breakfast that appears on their website.

We come back from a long day at the beach. The room WAS NOT cleaned or even touched by the maid. I went to ask them about it. The man said " I told you that you have to put a sign out for your room to be cleaned " (he did not)....Then he proceeded to say " Well, you guys were to busy running your [--] mouths to hear me"

I told him, I would "run my [--] mouth on trip advisor".

He called me the next day to apologize but it was very back handed and rude, he told me I could eat the "free" continental breakfast. Ummm.. thanks buddy. I don't want your stale muffins anyway.

His partner was very embarrassed by his unprofessional attitude. I am reporting him to better business's

DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS MAN IS HORRIBLE. He should not be in the tourism business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I were so excited to stay at Canalside Inn next week! Initially, when we booked the four days I was told that I was going to have to lose the money as I am active-duty military and as it turned out would be on mission. I called the establishment and tried to get out of the dates but was told several times that I would be unable to get a refund as I had purchased the best rate. I was also told that the owner Steve, would call me to discuss the situation, of which he never did. This was on May 8th. I then worked it out with my leadership to be able to take leave so my husband and I were looking forward to the trip.

Just yesterday we happened to notice as we were looking at our American Express statement that without contacting us they decided to refund our stay. I immediately contacted them and ended up speaking to Steve the owner. I was shocked at the way he treated me. He told me that he was thumbing through old papers and found some paperwork that said they had canceled our room and realized we hadn't been credited the money for the rooms. He said that the note said I had been deployed, of which I never said, and he thought he had better cancel our stay. He canceled it without contacting us at all, without any communication!

We would have driven there and had no where to stay! He then made no attempt to help us find another place. He did however inform me that they were sold out and there was nothing he could do. He said "Sorry, I don't know what to tell you." I asked him at the very least can you find us a comparable place to stay, one in cost and comfort. He said "yes I can, I will call you back in five minutes." He did call back with a place that cost twice as much and scored 2 stars on both yelp and trip advisor...I think not. Our friends who frequent Rehoboth told us the place is a dump.

Needless to say, Steve, you need to take a class on customer service. Not only did we lose our room and you lose our respect but he also lost our friends business as they called and canceled their room as well. All of us assume that he just wanted to make more money by canceling our "Best rate" and reselling at full price. Steve, I hope you are happy that you made a little extra money and in the process lost several future customers. You are the epitome of the lowest of the low.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Canalside Inn Rehoboth? Share your experiences!