“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Bolivia-USA
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have been, very, very dirty not friendly at all.....not worth it!
The actual was loud, the bed not clean, insects on the floor.
Parking not easy, location was fine you can walk to the main street if you wish.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you need a VERY basic room within 1 minute of the boardwalk and beach this is a great place... Furniture in the rooms isn't new, but is in good repair although the rooms are not very roomy at all. Management was nice and housekeepers promptly provided extra towels. Good room if you are on a budget. Save the money for something fun with very abundant nice restaurants and bars just around the block from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were greated inside the front door with mounds of dirty laundry and a steamy, nasty smell. For $5 we were directed to drive over the sidewalk and park in a tiny space. The room really didn't seem clean and the dark blue quilts looked really nasty. When I asked for a clean quilt the man in charge said that the stains were just "bleach stains" and did not change it. The back door by our room banged loudly every time someone came or went and we were sure we would never be able to sleep. We left, forfitting our $140...it was worth it to get out of there. The man inb charge didn't seem surprised or ask why.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is truly horrible. Besides being filthy and run-down, there is no onsite parking. Which wouldn't be an issue except that the website clearly states that there is. You pay a $40 refundable deposit for a parking pass. If you're familiar with Rehoboth parking, and especially that side of town, permit parking spots are few and far between. We ended up parking 15 minutes away and just leaving the car there for the weekend. However, we were still awakened at 8am by another hotel guest who was asking us to move our car because it was blocking his. It wasn't, of course. But, the hotel has about three parking spaces and then lets people park behind those. This poor guy was trying to get his car out in the morning and the hotel clerk told him to just knock on all the room doors until he found the owners of the car behind his. Absolutely ridiculous.
As for the state of the rooms, I just hope I didn't contract an infectious disease.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I read the Tripadvisor reviews before I booked here for 2 nights, so I knew I was taking a chance with the mixed experiences of other guests.
The positives: Location is perfect, just a couple of minutes' walk to the beach. The room and common areas met my minimum standards for cleanliness; just barely.
The negatives: A little attention to detail would go a long way to bring this hotel from mediocre to excellent. Things like removing the picture frame from the room with a long jagged crack across the glass, towels that may have been washed but were still stained; the sheets that seemed clean but also a couple of decades old; carpet that appeared damp and stained and the many signs around the hotel that would have taken so little effort to look more professional.
The main negative point is the poor customer service. When I entered the reception area to check in, a man came in behind me. We each assumed the other was hotel staff, as no one else was present. We waited a few minutes and then rang a bell on the desk as a sign instructed. No one appeared. A few minutes later, I used the phone on the desk to call as the sign instructed; it rang on and on. Finally, a door opened; a man appeared in a towel and said (grumpily) 'I'm in the shower, I'll be out in 5 minutes' and closed the door. That set the tone for the hotel's customer service.
I didn't realize from the reviews that there is VERY limited on-site parking, which if you are lucky enough to get it you may be blocked in by someone else or the one blocking them. I was told I could park behind another car for the first night but that I would likely be called at 7 or 8 am when they were leaving to move the car; I was charged an extra $5 for the privilege.You pay a $35 deposit to get a parking permit and are told to go out and find a non-metered space. The closest space I could find for the second night was almost a 10 minute walk away from the hotel, not at all convenient. I then didn't want to drive around as it was such a hassle to find another space so left the car there until I checked out.
The bottom line: If you can find another place to stay in the area for close to the same price, take it. If you choose this one, enjoy the location and keep your expectations low for customer service.

Room Tip: Room 19 on the 3rd floor was good because there was no noise from other rooms but it is next to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this hotel on 06/25/2013. I also called the same day and cancelled. They still took my money off my credit card. I called the hotel for a refund they hung up 3 times saying they did not know anything about it. This place is very shady so be careful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Despite the bad reviews, because of the price we decided to try this place out . I wish I would have listened. We arrived and the man at front desk is very rude. When booking the room we were told there were parking arrangements. What this means is you give him $40 for a parking pass to park on the street 3 blocks from the hotel . We were told we couldn't check in early because people were still in our room , no problem we understand. We came back at 3 to check in. We got into our room and practically fell on to the bed. It is the smallest room I've ever seen . We had to walk sideways to get around it and it was pushed against the wall. The smell of mold was overwhelming. We looked up and there was mold everywhere!! Inside of all the picture frames, just everywhere. My boyfriend went out front to tell the clerk . He said he would have someone clean it, it's been empty for two weeks! Funny since he told us we can't check in early since there were people in the room? No refunds !! Signs posted everywhere so we got another room that for sure was better no mold but was still disgusting! We drove to Walmart to buy our own towels and bedding . Yes the hotel is close to the beach .... But it is not worth it. This place is more like a hostel not a hotel .

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Summer Place Hotel? Share your experiences!