“Worst experience at hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added Summer Place Hotel to your Saves list
Summer Place Hotel
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   30 Olive Ave, PO Box 673, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
DC
“Worst experience at hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The room smelled terrible. The towels were dirty. My friends didn't have working lights. Our room had the door kicked in. The door frame was pieced back together. Awful experience. Would not give a refund. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay away do yourself a favor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Asbury, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights in the Summer, and it was the worst place I've ever stayed in. I'm not really demanding but this place was really dirty and smelly, it really disgusted me. The bed sheets looked so disgusting that my boyfriend and I went to Walmart to buy clean sheets (we tried to get a room somewhere else but most places we looked were sold out). Besides the dirty feeling of the room, the place smelled smoke everywhere. There was an insect in the tub and other behind the headboard of the bed. And please, if you still plan to stay there take your own towels!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is relatively clean, NOT a lot of amenties, but SO close to the beach that you do not care. A room for 2 people had a full bed, fridge, microwave, TV & a dresser,. & not much else but the bathroom & shower, but when you are 2 blocks from the beach & the price is right--who cares?

It would have been nice if the owner/manager were a little nicer, but if your goal is to get up early, spend the day on the beach & the boardwalk, eat at good restaurants & have somewhere to store & eat your doggie bag, this is perfectly acceptable & super cheap. I'm going to take my husband there once & see if he agrees, but for myself, it was perfect for an impromptu getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

......and the ocean just a block away! I am an 82 year old grandma, handicapped, who needed some sun and sea-breeze. Summer Place was perfect for me! I had only two days to spend there and enjoyed every minute: Two blocks to sparkly main-street Rehoboth Beach! One block to the board-walk! After 5 days back home - my days are still illuminated by the memory-images of the blue water and the seagulls. Accessible! Affordable!
The place is old-timey, funky, its front adorned with a wall of sunflowers - visible from afar
so you don't get lost hobbling back.... The host, Mr. Dan (a champion biker with a wall-full of
trophies) is a modest, quiet, very helpful individual. To my plea for another refrigerator - he came instantly and said, with a gentle smile, "You had it turned off"!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had read some not-so-positive reviews but decided to take a chance due to the incredible location in the beach block in close-in Rehoboth. I was in a third floor walk up but that was good for me! It forces you to remember everything so you don't have to go up 3 flights to retrieve!
The room was compact and clean. Doors are a bit thin. The surprises were a little refrigerator and microwave and a wonderful flat screen tv with lots of channels I don't get at home. I enjoyed the second floor porch. It was really a nice experience. Free Parking was a bit of a challenge! There are not many unmetered spaces but you can pay a little extra to park on the premises. I would have preferred a fan in the room so I could leave window open but ac worked great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bloomery, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We travel internationally often, and we always seek out value for our accommodations. This hotel is absolutely unbeatable on the price/location scale.
Our rooms here have been small, but fully-equipped. We have never seen any evidence of poor housekeeping. My wife has back problems, but had zero complaints about the bed.
If you are looking for a big hotel, with any army of staff, this is NOT for you. If you are looking for a super location at a great price, give it a go. We love Rehoboth Beach, and will continue to book here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here mid -week and was very happy. The price was right for the location, the room and the charm. Very Old Rehoboth. The owner was very helpful and I would stay there again!! Nice place, great charm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Summer Place Hotel? Share your experiences!