“It was perfect for our needs!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Summer Place Hotel to your Saves list
Summer Place Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Olive Ave, PO Box 673, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“It was perfect for our needs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I read the reviews before we ventured out to Rehobeth and must say that it made me a bit nervous. Lesson learned- don't let one person's horrible experience determine yours. Our experience was extremely pleasant. It's not luxury, but who needs that at the beach? Rooms were clean, a bit small, but perfect for our needs. This beach house is located in the heart of the town and everything is within walking distance.. Who could ask for more. When I was getting my complimentary coffee, I had the pleasure of conversation w/ the owner.. He really is a nice guy. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

After all the reviews I read, I was really worried about what I would find. This was a last minute trip and everything on/near the beach was booked, so I took the plunge. With such low rates, you have to go in with the expectation that you are staying at a motel, not a hotel. My king size room met this expectation. The room was clean, no stains on the bed sheets and no bugs. The size of the room was small, but it met it's purpose. Bathroom was clean, the AC unit in the room worked, tv worked, and the mini fridge worked. I came to Rehoboth Beach to spend time at the beach, not the hotel so I didn't mind staying here. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, then don't stay here. This is a motel so don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

It has been a while since I was at that dirty hotel and the reason why I waited so long is because I couldn't remember the name. However after looking at some reviews, I see nothing has changed. First the hotel is dirty, smelly, bug infested and the front desk keeper is not only rude, but unconerned about any thing but payment for the room. This is the worst at the beach. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ROACH MOTEL

Room Tip: The rooms are all dirty!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

It was a Saturday night stay. Second week of june. High season. We arrived at the lobby, it looked shady, nobody at the desk. There was an old piano there, old coach from junk yard and some other junk around. The lobby wasn't inviting.
Finally, after we rang the bell three times, a man showed up with naked torso! Whatever! (I'm not even mentioning the level of professionalism here). He charged us $5 room key deposit and said we stayed upstairs. Oh man, how dreadful we felt when we arrived there...
It was a room about 10x10 sq ft with a california king bed taking up all the space. The air conditioner had a broken frame but worked..fridge was unplugged but worked.
Upon bed inspection, the quilted spread was dirty, and NO sheet underneath. All the bedding sheets used to be white but now showed a grayish tint and stains all over.
Furniture was old, stained, and the only "updates" were the black lamp still in original store packaging (see pic) and flat tv.

The bathroom. Absolutely disgusting.
Towels had blood stains (see pic), shower cabin was a tiny square, and we found a creature on the floor ( see pic)...
The door is really easy to kick in, the lock is unreliable.
Some crazy people were banging at neighbors door at 6am, so forget about decent sleep.

And we got all this "luxury" for a meager $200 a night, who would have thought??

My advise: Stay as far away as you can. Better sleep in the car.

• Stayed June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a one star-type hotel, but unlike most one-stars I've stayed at the room was spotless. It's very close to beach and there is an outdoor shower (hot water but no stall) to shower in when you come back from the beach.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies; I think its the top floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We almost stayed there, but when we saw the room we went back and asked for our money back. The owner was very nice, and did not have any problem letting us walk away. The room, however, was really really small, only a little bigger than the bed, and really dirty. It is clearly an old building which I can forgive, but what I cannot look past is the stains that were all over the sheets. Also, there was a bug on the sheets, presumably feasting on the love-juice of past guests. It is well work the walk to stay a few blocks away from the beach for the same price.

Room Tip: go to the Crosswinds Motel on Rehobeth Ave
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have absolutely no idea how this place is still in business. It was quite possibly the most disgusting room I've ever seen (hotel or otherwise). Stains on the carpet, bed spread, and walls, and a silverfish between the sheets! Not to mention the room was TINY. The queen size bed barely fit. Yes, it is close to the beach, but you can get MUCH nicer rooms for the same cost that are just a little farther away. The owner seemed nice, but he is obviously in the wrong business if he thinks it's acceptable to run a hotel in such poor condition.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Summer Place Hotel? Share your experiences!