“Great value, great Rehoboth location, no-frills rooms at a great price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Summer Place Hotel

You added Summer Place Hotel to your Saves list
Summer Place Hotel
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   30 Olive Ave, PO Box 673, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Laurel, Maryland
“Great value, great Rehoboth location, no-frills rooms at a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is a great place to stay at Rehoboth Beach! It's one block off the beach, near side street parking, and only 2 blocks from the heart of town. The rooms are clean and spare, but have everything you need and are in good shape. They have an outdoor shower for cleaning off from the beach, and they even have their own off-street parking (for a small extra fee).

We had an easy time booking online at a really good price for the weekend before Memorial Day. They gave us a free room upgrade to an apartment with a kitchenette and a futon for our five-year-old boy to sleep on. The manager was very helpful, and the room has all the info you need about local parking, etc. If you want a solid, no-frills room near the beach at a killer price, this could be your summer place!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was booked into the Summer Place Hotel at 30 Olive Street, Rehoboth Beach, for 2 nights with my dog. The booking was made by Expedia and I was told by Expedia that the hotel was pet friendly. I made three attempts to call the hotel prior to my arrival to confirm my booking. There was only an answering machine which gave a cell phone number to call in an emergency. I arrived as scheduled with my dog and the man in the reception area told me in no uncertain terms that I could NOT stay there with the dog. I showed him my confirmation and he repeated that I was not staying with my dog. Fortunately I managed to get a "dog room" at the Breakers. However Summer Place Hotel was planning on charging me half the cost of my stay as I had "canceled my booking." I called Expedia and told them I was not paying one penny to Summer Place and I expected a full reimbursement to my credit card which they agreed to do.

I advise anyone to avoid staying at Summer Place. It is dark, unpleasant smelling and the staff are rude and uncaring. It does not even look like its photograph.

vacationer12345678, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
As the reviewer points out, this is not a place to stay if you have pets. This guest booked the hotel through a 3rd party site and found a great rate and decided to bring her dog along for a 50 dollar a nite room. We IMMEDIATELY refunded her money and refered her to the Breakers hotel which accepts dogs.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Summer Place several times over the years and love it. It's great for the budget and a nice place to stay in the heart of Rehoboth. We started staying there because we were younger and just getting started, so saving money was key... now we're in a very different place in life and able to pay a lot more but find that the Summer Place holds a special place in our hearts. Dan has always been great and has a hidden gem. If you're looking for a great budget hotel in the center of Rehoboth; walking distance from the boardwalk, restaurants, the beach... Everything!! Give Dan a call or shoot him an email and reserve something now!

Room Tip: Get a hold of Dan and he'll set you up!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thankyou very much for the kind review. Hope to see you soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

The summer place hotel gives me what I want.! It is one block from the beach. It is in the center of town, and has a price I can afford. I have been going to the summer place for two seasons. The sheets are clean and the beds are confortable.....I would recommend!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for the nice write up. Weve updated all the rooms this year with flatscreen tvs new refrigerators, linens , microwaves etc. Also wifi
clifton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

To all the complainers, where else can you get a room close to everything with such reasonable rates? You want a bigger room, go pay for one! Innkeeper was very nice to us upon check-in. Room was small,yes, but after a day of shopping and dogfish perfect place to sleep! I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Bottom line great rates all year and I can walk everywhere! No complaints here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. I hope to see you this summer or in the off season. We have only raised the rates 10 dollars in 12 years despite rising energy costs. This could be why our occupancy is so high
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed at the summer place in rehoboth beach, delaware. I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were very clean and cheery. The location is great, very short walking distance to the beach. The staff and manager was very polite and attentive and i needed for nothing during my stay. Thank you Summer Place Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Harrisburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Although the room was less than clean, terribly laid out and very cramped, It served its purpose in the least expensive way possible. We were 1 block from the beach and just a few blocks to the happening part of the Boardwalk. Also there were lots of restaurants in close proximity which were not on the boardwalk. The neighborhood was beautiful and quiet. The Staff was rarely seen if ever and it took a while to find someone to check us out. Seeing as how the point of a beach vacation for me is not to sit in the hotel room this worked out nicely. Be warned the walls are VERY thin. So in short if you aren't real picky no worries its cheap and close to the reason we stayed there THE BEACH.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I guess this would be defined as a backhanded comment. I am not sure what you found dirty but sorry. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Summer Place Hotel? Share your experiences!