“love your cheese steaks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Lewes, Delaware
“love your cheese steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

best cheese steaks in town. The only place i would order a steak sandwich from since i moved down in the area 10 year ago

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,412 helpful votes
“Casual VINTAGE pizza parlor, OK pizza and prices--attached bar area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

Pizza Villa is located in the Midway shopping center, which is located mid-way between the town of Lewes & Rehoboth Beach on highway one. It has been there for years!!! I have been going there since I was a little kid. I remember going there the most during the 80's. I have been back periodically to get a quick slice of pizza and reminisce about my childhood. A walk through the doors is like a step back in time. It just feels like a simpler world inside the walls of Pizza Villa!

Pizza Villa has 2 separate sides to the restaurant--with 2 separate entrances. One enters into the "restaurant & bar" with waitresses. The second one enters into the take out restaurant with onsite dining tables. I have been to the "restaurant" side once before. All I can say about that side is that it is a dimly lit, VINTAGE restaurant. It has a small bar area and a large screen TV. The "restaurant" has a black and white checkered tile floor, old teal vinyl booths, vintage diner style tabletops, lots of Elvis memorabelia and a similar looking bar area. To me, this side is more of a BAR & you will find people at the bar even in the early afternoon. The take out restaurant is my preference when dining at Pizza Villa. Here you walk into a brightly lit room with a similar checked tile floor, pinball & arcade games lining the walls, a community bulletin board, candy vending machine, vintage tables, payphone and a take out/ordering counter. Note: there is also an interior open doorway that connects the self serve/take-out restaurant side of Pizza Villa to the restaurant/BAR side of Pizza Villa.

My husband and I recently visited this Pizza Villa this past weekend. I wanted a quick slice of pizza while I was in town shopping. I decided on Pizza Villa since I wanted something spicy instead of sweet. Once at the shopping center, we parked in the lot and walked up to the entrances. We walk into the take-out ordering side and placed an order for one slice. It was around $2 for the slice. Then we took at seat at one of the tables and waited for the slice to finish warming up in the pizza oven. Meanwhile, I looked around at the pinball and arcade style games. It just brings back memories of being a kid!! This place really is a BLAST from the PAST!! Within minutes my slice was up--hot and ready. The slices are served up on paper plates. The pizza slices here are not large, but not small either. They are a little greasy & I usually end up dabbing the top with a napkin. The pizza is a thin crust that easily folds in half. It is soft and chewy with a slightly crispy crust. The pizza is topped with some spices, lots of cheese and some sauce. It has good flavor if you like to have some spice to your pizza--like garlic or oregano. It is not a sweet pizza sauce, rather one that has some boldness to it. AND that is exactly why I had chosen Pizza Villa today!!

In addition to pizza, Pizza Villa also serves up sandwiches like cheesesteaks, pizza steaks, chicken cheesesteaks, burgers and MORE. They also serve up several side items and offer a small selection of bagged chips. They have a pretty nice sized menu for a small restaurant. However, I usually stick to my favorites here--which include the pizza and fries. Overall, I have had great experiences at Pizza Villa--throughtout the DECADES. The food is good, the prices are decent, the service is fast & for the most part friendly. It is a no-frills, no-hassle--relaxed atmosphere. I have been eating here for years & will continue to visit Pizza Villa when I am in the mood for a quick slice with tons of flavor.

NOTE: You can also call ahead with your order & pick it up to eat at home, on the road, at the beach or even at work!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere