“Very enjoyable meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Oslo, Norway
“Very enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were a group of 9; 3 adults and 6 children. All were very pleased with their meals. I had the half lobster with crab imperial, which was very tasty. I also got a small taste of the fish and chips, which was also very nice. The chili con carne was ok, but nothing special. Also shared a calamari to start with, and again it was very tasty.

The service was excellent, and the waitress very attentive. Two of the meals were a bit cold when served, and were immediately taken back and new ones were served. And at the end of the meal, we were given some dessert on the house as a compensation. So got a small taste of a very tasty brownie too.

Would definitely go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Great find in Rehoboth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

When you think of the beach, you don't think of Irish food but in Rehoboth Beach, you should. What a delicious meal you will find at Stoney Lonen. The Guinness grilled Mahi Mahi has an incredible depth of flavor and is a very generous portion. The Asiago Encrusted Grouper over mashed sweet potatoes is sweet and savory and will have you coming back for more. The restaurant is very comfortable and inviting and the staff is extremely accommodating. This is a great find and was a favorite during our visit to Rehoboth.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We ate here early on Thursday after a washed out beach day. It was still happy hour so of course we got some pints and the steamed shrimp appetizer. Awesome. I had the 1/2 lobster with the stuffed crab imperial. It was excellent and my wife got the grilled chicken dish which was very good. We finished with the rum raisin bread pudding which was a winner. Great service from being seated by the owner to the waiter. Food was served prompt and hot. It is a great hidden gem in Rehoboth. Having just gotten back from Ireland it was a great treat that brought back some good memories of the Emerald Isle.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Stoney Lonen - Discover a Rehoboth secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Caesar salad with a salmon based dressing, perhaps the best fish and chips I have ever had, excellent shrimp, mahi mahi, chicken with a cheese based sauce. And reasonably priced, reservations are available, and great, personable wait staff. Everyone one of our party of five had a great meal, finished with desserts to die for - chocolate pecan pie, really tart key lime pie, bread pudding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Anniversary dinner....mixed reviews here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I came here to this little hidden restaurant on Friday night, after checking out a few with lengthier waits. The hostess was quite lovely, her parents own the restaurant. She seated us right away and we noticed how much emptier it was than other restaurants, given it's location. The server was very nice as well. The food was outstanding, and the $4 draughts were an added bonus! My husband ordered the Asiago Grouper, and I had the lobster topped with crab imperial. Mine was fantastic. His grouper was probably one of the best fish plates I've ever had. Absolutely wonderful. The downfall to this restaurant was a micromanaging owner. He literally followed the staff around, barking orders, stomping and swearing through the restaurant. The final straw was when he stomped past my seat, using foul language that I actually found pretty offensive. They had a party of 30 and he wouldn't let his staff handle it alone. Not sure why since they far outweighed him in service! My husband went up and said something to the hostess, who told the owners. The wife came over and apologized, stating he had a long frustrating winter and day, and a party of 30. The owner stayed in the kitchen the rest of our stay. While I appreciated her apology, it shouldn't have happened, and HE should have come out to apologize. That said, the food was wonderful. The ambiance was lacking, given the stomping temper tantrum.